UConn stats.... Nika assist record countdown... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn stats.... Nika assist record countdown...

Reaction Score
What irks me is that more than a few times Nika kicked the ball out, and the recipient had an open shot but immediately after getting the ball just passed it to another player. Everyone is shooting poorly from the 3 pt arc, including Paige. Passing it off to someone who may be a better shooter is not UConns way. If you have a wide-open shot, shoot it. I believe Ashlynn is guilty of this most of the time, so she has to get over the fear of missing and just shoot it. Thinking may be her major problem at this point.
They need to channel their inner "Q", who as far as I can tell, never missed an opportunity to chuck up a shot.

Reaction Score
While true, had Paige and Azzi been completely healthy last year, Nika wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much court time. Paige, Azzi, Lou, Aaliyah, and Dorka would’ve been the lineup most likely.

Nika has seized opportunity and deserves to be applauded for stepping up big time.
Lou was okay but she wouldn't have played much if the team was healthy last year. She isn't at the same level as the others and she wouldn't have seen the court if Azzi and Paige were both healthy. Nika still would have been the point and played every game.

Reaction Score
With her first assist on Saturday, Nika will become the only Husky wcbb player to have two 200 or more assist seasons. She has averaged 7.67 assists/game in Big East play this season so if her average holds for the three (
Crossed fingers emoji clipart. Free download transparent .PNG | Creazilla
) BE tournament games she would be at 222 assists for the season and 655 for her career going into round one of the NCAA tournament. She would then, during the NCAA tournament, need 4 assists to tie and 5 assists to pass Moriah as the UConn wcbb career assist leader.

Moriah played in 155 career games to amass her 659 assists. After three BE tournament games Nika will have played in 126 career games. Nika's maximum possible number of career games at season end (if we play in the NCAA championship game) would be 132. She has a career assist/game average of 5.14 to date and is currently the career leader in that stat ( Jill Brumbaugh is second at 5.06).

Bottom line is Nika is damn good at setting the table to make sure 'everybody eats'!

Reaction Score
With her first assist on Saturday, Nika will become the only Husky wcbb player to have two 200 or more assist seasons. She has averaged 7.67 assists/game in Big East play this season so if her average holds for the three (
Crossed fingers emoji clipart. Free download transparent .PNG | Creazilla
) BE tournament games she would be at 222 assists for the season and 655 for her career going into round one of the NCAA tournament. She would then, during the NCAA tournament, need 4 assists to tie and 5 assists to pass Moriah as the UConn wcbb career assist leader.

Moriah played in 155 career games to amass her 659 assists. After three BE tournament games Nika will have played in 126 career games. Nika's maximum possible number of career games at season end (if we play in the NCAA championship game) would be 132. She has a career assist/game average of 5.14 to date and is currently the career leader in that stat ( Jill Brumbaugh is second at 5.06).

Bottom line is Nika is damn good at setting the table to make sure 'everybody eats'!
Those are very impressive stats especially considering her new position this year and the oppurtunities to "dime". I hope she gets it at home in the NCAAs. There are certain players that go into your own personal Pantheon of favorites, most liked, or in her case loved and she is it at the top for my family.

Reaction Score
After the Providence game today Nika sits at 637 career assists, tied with Jen Rizzoti for third place. She also hit 2004 assists for the season making her the only UConn wcbb player to have two seasons with 200 or more assists!

Reaction Score
After the Providence game today Nika sits at 637 career assists, tied with Jen Rizzoti for third place. She also hit 2004 assists for the season making her the only UConn wcbb player to have two seasons with 200 or more assists!
Sticky fingers or sticky computer keyboard??

Reaction Score
Going into tge BE championship game tommorow, Nika sits at 642 career assist and 209 for the season.

Kat

Reaction Score
She may or may not be at the top of that class but it doesn't take long to call the roll.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I want her to get 10 in the first game at Gampel so she can forget about breaking it. Sometimes I think Nika and her teammates try too hard and miss the bunnies. She should have had another 3 or 4 just today from all of the missed easy buckets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom