UConn stats...in defense of Anna & Carnac... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn stats...in defense of Anna & Carnac...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You should look at the stats before you jump in. She averaged two fewer assists per game as a senior than she did as a junior. She had no problem dishing the ball to Megan, CW or ONO, but was very hesitant to pass it to Anna.
Perhaps the absence of the two AA on the roster which had been the Norm since Crystal was a freshman was the difference eh? The poor season CW was having also had a negative impact on Crystal assists numbers because Geno moved her to SG (off the ball) for the majority of the last 1/3 of the season. Someone sitting courtside would surely not have missed that unless..... YOU WANTED TO!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You should look at the stats before you jump in. She averaged two fewer assists per game as a senior than she did as a junior. She had no problem dishing the ball to Megan, CW or ONO, but was very hesitant to pass it to Anna.

In my opinion, Crystal had to assume more of the offensive load last year as our two top
scorers had graduated. And part of her reduction in assists also had to do with playing on a team with less offensive firepower. And I watched the games too, and I didn’t see Crystal avoiding passing to Anna.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity what do you believe to be the criteria for "honorable" mention AA? You can answer by either providing an example of a person who was during a specific season or by providing a numeric criteria.

Tell me what UCONN's record is. Is it undefeated? I can make it easy and say if they went undefeated and she was the team's 2nd leading scorer, can't I? Is that unreasonable - assuming CWill had a competent but "offseason" as did Evina- and then say she would probably be a least an Honorable A/A?

If she is the 2nd leading scorer on an undefeated team-- more than likely she'll be at least Honorable Mention A/A, right?

Agree? They have 4 tough reg seasons games you think? ANd if they won all 4 - and she is the team
s 2nd leading scorer along with being a good passer I would guess at a minimum she played well- was huge in at least 2 of the games. IS that unreasonable?

Reaction Score
In my opinion, Crystal had to assume more of the offensive load last year as our two top
scorers had graduated. And part of her reduction in assists also had to do with playing on a team with less offensive firepower. And I watched the games too, and I didn’t see Crystal avoiding passing to Anna.

+5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Absolutely she had to be more of a scorer. Without her scoring they were sunk.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tell me what UCONN's record is. Is it undefeated? I can make it easy and say if they went undefeated and she was the team's 2nd leading scorer, can't I? Is that unreasonable - assuming CWill had a competent but "offseason" as did Evina- and then say she would probably be a least an Honorable A/A?
If she is the 2nd leading scorer on an undefeated team-- more than likely she'll be at least Honorable Mention A/A, right?
Agree? They have 4 tough reg seasons games you think? and if they won all 4 - and she is the team
s 2nd leading scorer along with being a good passer I would guess at a minimum she played well- was huge in at least 2 of the games. IS that unreasonable?
No I don't agree.
If this team goes undefeated and wins a national championship at most there will be at most 3 AA but likely 2. The voters are not suddenly going to ignore their pre-season AA , watch list etc. Anna is not currently on any of the watch list and there are 4 UCONN players who are. A national championship would mean ONO as the teams only post presence had a hell of a year-there goes at least one of the AA spots. If this team were to win a Championship that would also mean Paige or Evina as the starting PG also had a hell of a year. If it's Paige then she likely gets NFOY and AA votes but not full AA because those award tend to favor upper class men. If it's Evina then she gets minted an AA and off to the WNBA she'll likely go.

Reaction Score
No I don't agree.
If this team goes undefeated and wins a national championship at most there will be at most 3 AA but likely 2. The voters are not suddenly going to ignore their pre-season AA , watch list etc. Anna is not currently on any of the watch list and there are 4 UCONN players who are. A national championship would mean ONO as the teams only post presence had a hell of a year-there goes at least one of the AA spots. If this team were to win a Championship that would also mean Paige or Evina as the starting PG also had a hell of a year. If it's Paige then she likely gets NFOY and AA votes but not full AA because those award tend to favor upper class men. If it's Evina then she gets minted an AA and off to the WNBA she'll likely go.

At this point tell me what we are arguing. Because when I said :"undefeated seasons" and I'm talking of A/A awards - it could only mean reg. season and not the NCAA Tourney championship. They have separate awards for the tourney I believe. So when you mention championship-- I was not referring to that. So-- what are we arguing?

Further, what I have been arguing all along is that soxfan23 said AMak will be "NOWHERE NEAR" an A/A. I imply/claim an Honorable Mention A/a is "near" an A/a. DO you agree with my definition? So your comment to me about 3 A/a's is not what I was arguing. I am not arguing that AMak will be an A/a. I am arguing that the point that soxfan23 said by stating she is NOWHERE NEAR an A/a when imo if CWill and Evina perform to competent levels but not higher than that then absolutely AMak can be an Honorable Mention A/A- thus be "Near" A/A status. It seems you are sticking up for his NOWHERE NEAR comment but I can't 100% tell. I do agree with you that some here have too much exuberance - averaging 25 ppg? No way no how no way no how no way she scores that. No way no how no way no how.

Though back to the possibility of AMak being near A/a or A/A - IMO it is NOT unreasonable to assume that CWill MIGHT NOT perform at Honorable Mention A/A level nor is it unreasonable to assume that Evina's knee might limit her ability to become an Honorable Mention A/A. This means more shots - especially from 3 for the tall wing in AMak that is also a very good passer.

For example- on fastbreaks you are going to look for the tall wing that is your best 3pt shooter that knocks them down at possibly 42% this year. Unless the opposing team is just going to give yo layups- but they don't do that then by her taking these 3's it's equivalent in terms of fg% to 63%. That's excellent. -

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Perhaps the absence of the two AA on the roster which had been the Norm since Crystal was a freshman was the difference eh? The poor season CW was having also had a negative impact on Crystal assists numbers because Geno moved her to SG (off the ball) for the majority of the last 1/3 of the season. Someone sitting courtside would surely not have missed that unless..... YOU WANTED TO!
I didn’t miss it. For the last third of the season, Anna was essentially a point forward. Crystal was looking for her shot, which was her role. I can’t criticize that; UNLESS YOU EXPECT ME TO. It does look childish, doesn’t it? The cap is for children, not mature adults.

Reaction Score
What makes AMak different than KLS?

1-- For Nurse- she was never the leader in 3pt attempts, was she (neither was Chong)? So if in my scenario of CWill is having an off-season are you saying without a doubt that there is no way a 6'2 excellent 41% 3 point shooter from last year and with a potential soph bump won't be the leader in 3pt attempts this year? How is that the same as Nurse and Chong you just provided if they were never the leader in 3 pt attempts - while isn't it possible that AMak can be the leader in point attempts?

2-- So if number 1 above is possible that AMak will be the leader in 3pt attempts - then wouldn't it follow that she is hitting at a consistent good clip?

3-- Takeaway the 2 tough games at the beginning of the season now UCONN doesn't have that many - isn't possible that overall her 3pt fg% will go up slightly from frosh to soph year? So at least 42% if not a little more- isn't that excellent?

4-- If CWill has an off-season which was my scenario then who is it that you KNOW FOR CERTAIN is going to be taking most of the 3pt shots? Haven't we heard specifically from Geno that he has said that Evina is not a pure shooter (UCONNCAT posted something to this effect - a quote from Geno)? And Paige -- you know for a FACT she is going to shoot 40% or above from 3 and be a "scorer" from 3 vice "shooter?" ***Isn't it possible that AMak is a superior 3pt shooter to Paige and Evina and if she is-- and CWill is struggling- why wouldn't they look for a tall wing that was 41% last year (and we expect a bump this, don't we?) -- in halfcourt sets and running fastbreaks?

5-- ****Why wouldn't UCONN want to feed a tall wing player who shoots at least 41% from 3 if she is the best 3pt shooter on the team? AMak is 6'2 and has a high release point. Why would UCONN who historically loves 3 point shooters and running - would the guards (Evina, PAige, Nika) not look to feed her if CWill is struggling?

6-- If there is an answer anywhere that Paige and Evina are near as good 3pt shooters and can be a "scorer" (I mean "Scorer" not a "Kyla Irwin" who can hit an occasional 3 if left wide open. AMak is 6'2 but playing on the wing. ) from 3 - then sign me up!! With the way they pass - this means more than likely we have at least 1 if not 2 1st team A/A caliber players!
While I must profess that I’m a little confused, I urge you to consider what will happen if Anna is the only really good three point shooter on the team. If that were the case, Anna would be facing all kinds of defensive moves by every team we play. I love Anna and agree that she is being undervalued. However, for her to be able to play at a really high level, there have to be multiple scoring threats on the team. Otherwise, the primary defensive focus will be on her, and she (Anna) does not possess the kind of game that can counter that.

Reaction Score
While I must profess that I’m a little confused, I urge you to consider what will happen if Anna is the only really good three point shooter on the team. If that were the case, Anna would be facing all kinds of defensive moves by every team we play. I love Anna and agree that she is being undervalued. However, for her to be able to play at a really high level, there have to be multiple scoring threats on the team. Otherwise, the primary defensive focus will be on her, and she (Anna) does not possess the kind of game that can counter that.

1--- What do you define as a "really good 3 point shooter?" If you are just a "good" 3 point shooter but not "really good" - isn't that okay?

2-- We believe Paige can beat players off the dribble and score in the lane don't we? So why cant she be both a good 3pt shooter (just not as good as AMak) and also be a threat off the bounce (which AMak isn't much yet)? You are suggesting leaving Paige wide open for 3's because you are going to face-guard AMak? Paige isn't just a pg, right? We have potentially two other pg's to feed her and potentially AMak, right? Evina and Nika.

3-- If Evina is just average from 3 and CWill is average and AMak is at 42% and Paige at 40% -- that's not a good 3 point shooting team? If you are going to face guard AMak - isn't it less help on the others and as a result potentially inviting UCONN's big guards to penetrate?

4-- If Evina is also a penetrator - like Paige is-- aren't they a threat to score / get fouls in the paint? And we know Paige is a super passer and at least Evina is a "good passer" right? So when they pass --> See number 5 --->

5--- Isn't ONO more of a threat to score inside because the attention Paige will be able to draw and probably Evina too? Isn't it better for defense to defend the paint if the opposition is a major threat to score in there? And most games won't UCONN have a decided advantage in the paint and with their big guards vs the Big East and nearly everyone else not named Baylor or SC or maybe one other team that is a big threat to beat them?

6-- Isn't it true on fastbreaks that it is rare a center is back on defense or a power forward? And isn't it also true that on defense on fastbreaks that the most important thing to do is to prevent layups and bunny shots? Thus when Paige (or Evina) is taking the ball to the hole- doesn't the defense- probably smaller defender than them probably need help ensuring that Paige and Evina don't get layups or bunny baskets? If you need additional help won't it mean AMak will have good opportunities to shoot?

7---- Adding all this up - in particular if Paige is good and ONO is good and Evina is competent-- - you are suggesting that the defense is going to key in on AMak?

I don't agree with that if that is what you are thinking.

The defense will not be focused to stop AMak. They will be focused more on Paige and ONO (if if if if if CWill is competent but not having an Honorable Mention A/a season along with if if if if Evina is having similar non-Honorable A/A season possibly due to her knee slowing her down a bit.). **But just because a team sticks up a zone or has taller players doesn't mean they can stop UCONN from scoring inside without over-compensating with an extra player or 2 in the paint. ****Once they do that then AMak gets her looks. Most teams will challenge her to beat them rather than Paige or ONO imo.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At this point tell me what we are arguing. Because when I said :"undefeated seasons" and I'm talking of A/A awards - it could only mean reg. season and not the NCAA Tourney championship. They have separate awards for the tourney I believe. So when you mention championship-- I was not referring to that. So-- what are we arguing?

Further, what I have been arguing all along is that soxfan23 said AMak will be "NOWHERE NEAR" an A/A. I imply/claim an Honorable Mention A/a is "near" an A/a. DO you agree with my definition? So your comment to me about 3 A/a's is not what I was arguing. I am not arguing that AMak will be an A/a. I am arguing that the point that soxfan23 said by stating she is NOWHERE NEAR an A/a when imo if CWill and Evina perform to competent levels but not higher than that then absolutely AMak can be an Honorable Mention A/A- thus be "Near" A/A status. It seems you are sticking up for his NOWHERE NEAR comment but I can't 100% tell. I do agree with you that some here have too much exuberance - averaging 25 ppg? No way no how no way no how no way she scores that. No way no how no way no how.

Though back to the possibility of AMak being near A/a or A/A - IMO it is NOT unreasonable to assume that CWill MIGHT NOT perform at Honorable Mention A/A level nor is it unreasonable to assume that Evina's knee might limit her ability to become an Honorable Mention A/A. This means more shots - especially from 3 for the tall wing in AMak that is also a very good passer.

For example- on fastbreaks you are going to look for the tall wing that is your best 3pt shooter that knocks them down at possibly 42% this year. Unless the opposing team is just going to give yo layups- but they don't do that then by her taking these 3's it's equivalent in terms of fg% to 63%. That's excellent. -
I'm a UCONN WBB fan-I'm not about that life of celebrating an undefeated "regular season". I'll leave that to the ND fans. What I'm arguing is: 1) You consistently and severely underestimate the level of performance it takes to achieve AA or honorable mention AA status. 2) Anna is not likely to get there based on 3Pt accuracy of even 45% because of the current composition of the UCONN roster.
My argument is based on statistics and history. Consider these two blind resumes.
Player Number 1 was from the #1 ranked team and shot 44.4 % from deep and led her team in scoring-that is not a misprint-she was the number 1 scorer on the number one team last year.
Player Number 2 shot 44.1 percent from deep and was the #4 scorer on the #2 ranked team.
Neither player received AA votes. Neither player was even voted among the top 10 best in their respective conferences. Player 1 had 1 teammate that was voted AA and another who received Honorable mention. Player Number 2 had 3 teammates ( maximum allowable) who were voted AA.
So when @soxfan23 says nowhere close those are two examples of what he's talking about. To make HH AA you have to be one of the top 15 best players in the NCAA. That's what I mean when I say some of your (& others) expectations for Anna are not realistic. Quite honestly I would settle for Anna making 1st Team Big East but to do so she would have to play better than ONO, Christyn, Evina & Paige-that is not a realistic expectation. I suppose anything is possible because we already have a few people thinking Anna played better than Megan Walker last year-hopefully you know better.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn’t miss it. For the last third of the season, Anna was essentially a point forward. Crystal was looking for her shot, which was her role. I can’t criticize that; UNLESS YOU EXPECT ME TO. It does look childish, doesn’t it?
Yes it does. You did criticize it by pointing out that Crystal's assist number were down by 2 from the previous season.

Reaction Score
I want to thank you for redeeming my impressions of Anna, particularly because it shows that though Anna's start was slow, dealing with a variety of issues including adapting to the UConn team and to being away from family, in a completely foreign country to her ... I guess in a post earlier comparing Anna versus Megan, I was more caught up in the Anna that evolved over the latter part of her freshman year .... you could see the numbers suggesting that she has potential to be an amazing player for the Huskies and not someone to be slowly but surely disappearing into an insignificant bench player as some have suggested .... So appreciate your numbers confirming what I saw of her ...
It's pretty obvious you either didn't read in it's entirety the original post because in the last part of last year, Anna was averaging over 13
No, I don't, because if CWill struggles and Geno is limiting Westbrook's minutes, then Makurat becomes the focus on offense and opposing teams will key on her. While being a great shooter and a tremendous passer, Makurat's offensive game is not very multi- dimensional and she is best served in the spot up shooter role ala KLS or KML. She will simply not get the open looks if CWill struggles and Westbrook is injured. Last year Makurat averaged 26.5 mins per game, I don't think an extra couple of minutes per game is going to boost her production enough from the 8pts 4rbs 3ast that she averaged last year to be named an HM AA.
I think that Anna showed herself to be a complete player in the latter part of the season as David in Naples stats show, overcoming her adapting to a new team and a new offense and most importantly a new country ... you throw out her numbers as 8 points a game but in her last 8 games she shot 49% from three, 55% overall and averaged over 13 points a game while distributing the basketball and averaging close to 5 assists per game .... those are some pretty serious numbers and why would it be impossible to assume that coming back with my experience, losing some weight and coming back in better shape, that those numbers might improve??? The fact is this team is going to have more depth and so, even in the event of injuries, there should be a lot of balance to the Huskies .... first and foremost, as a freshman, there's no way Anna would have been taking 25 shots a game or anything approaching that so how would she ever put up any point totals that compare to Megan .... that's ridiculous to compare their points per game and typically UConn has been more about a balanced attack and not one dominant scorer ... she's the perfect Huskie because she distributes the ball, shoots the ball wonderfully and considering her position on the court, gets more than her fair share of rebounds ....

Reaction Score
I'm a UCONN WBB fan-I'm not about that life of celebrating an undefeated "regular season". I'll leave that to the ND fans. What I'm arguing is: 1) You consistently and severely underestimate the level of performance it takes to achieve AA or honorable mention AA status. 2) Anna is not likely to get there based on 3Pt accuracy of even 45% because of the current composition of the UCONN roster.
My argument is based on statistics and history. Consider these two blind resumes.
Player Number 1 was from the #1 ranked team and shot 44.4 % from deep and led her team in scoring-that is not a misprint-she was the number 1 scorer on the number one team last year.
Player Number 2 shot 44.1 percent from deep and was the #4 scorer on the #2 ranked team.
Neither player received AA votes. Neither player was even voted among the top 10 best in their respective conferences. Player 1 had 1 teammate that was voted AA and another who received Honorable mention. Player Number 2 had 3 teammates ( maximum allowable) who were voted AA.
So when @soxfan23 says nowhere close those are two examples of what he's talking about. To make HH AA you have to be one of the top 15 best players in the NCAA. That's what I mean when I say some of your (& others) expectations for Anna are not realistic. Quite honestly I would settle for Anna making 1st Team Big East but to do so she would have to play better than ONO, Christyn, Evina & Paige-that is not a realistic expectation. I suppose anything is possible because we already have a few people thinking Anna played better than Megan Walker last year-hopefully you know better.
I guess I'd have to agree that there's a distinct possibility that Anna won't get the attention, based on numbers, that one would need to be an A/A but I do personally think that sometimes a person's value to making their team a great one, is overlooked .... I think that's often a lot more significant than someone averaging 22 points a game .... I think Anna's role in making UConn better was very evident in the latter part of the season, with her ability to shoot, her finding her teammates in optimum scoring position and her toughness .... that's why I thought once she finally found her confidence in the latter part of the year that her contributions as significant as anyone's on the team ...

Reaction Score
Let me tell ya somethin. Anna is fundementally sound. From what I saw last season she knows her limitations and has gotten better from early in last season. She will get better this seaosn too. It is my belief that Anna is going to be a star...not a shooting star either. She will become a complete ball player this season and valuable to the team.
I think she has already proven herself as a complete player and valuable to the team .... there's no doubt in my mind she'll only get better and as a result, so will the Huskies

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious you either didn't read in it's entirety the original post because in the last part of last year, Anna was averaging over 13

I think that Anna showed herself to be a complete player in the latter part of the season as David in Naples stats show, overcoming her adapting to a new team and a new offense and most importantly a new country ... you throw out her numbers as 8 points a game but in her last 8 games she shot 49% from three, 55% overall and averaged over 13 points a game while distributing the basketball and averaging close to 5 assists per game .... those are some pretty serious numbers and why would it be impossible to assume that coming back with my experience, losing some weight and coming back in better shape, that those numbers might improve??? The fact is this team is going to have more depth and so, even in the event of injuries, there should be a lot of balance to the Huskies .... first and foremost, as a freshman, there's no way Anna would have been taking 25 shots a game or anything approaching that so how would she ever put up any point totals that compare to Megan .... that's ridiculous to compare their points per game and typically UConn has been more about a balanced attack and not one dominant scorer ... she's the perfect Huskie because she distributes the ball, shoots the ball wonderfully and considering her position on the court, gets more than her fair share of rebounds ....

NOBODY is comparing Walker to Makurat, Walker was just used as an illustration of what an AA's stats look like.

Reaction Score

You're personal "celebrating" has nothing to do with our discussions and has nothing to do with my comments. :) And we have already discussed in past how we feel as fans. No point bringing that up further.

Just as you keep bringing up "top 5 players." - You mention top 15 players- thus including top 5 players as A/A in the discussion - this was not my argument. It's irrelevant to me - but yet you replied to me to start these discussions. So you can';t change what I'm saying to fit your narrative. My comments of AMAk have nothing to do with top 5 or even top 10 players so why you keep bringing them up imo is irrelevant to me.:) :) If you want o obring it up - great. But to reply to me as if top 5 or even top 10 matters - it has nothing to do with my comments. I never suggested she was top 5 or top 10. And this year with COVID - I have no idea nor do you or anyone else know what many players will accumulate. All I'm suggesting is "the possibility."

As far as South Carolina and Harrigan -- you are right. I agree with you-- if if if if AMAk is 2nd in scoring while only averaging 13 ppg while other players are near her scoring average just as SC has- she will not get Honorable Mention A/A status. She would need to build up other stats for that.

However these stats are accumulated by South Carolina in the manner they play. And we know UCONN is different than SC (UCONN's 16-17 and 17-18 teams averaged more ppg than SC 19-20 as an example). So if I were to look back at the history of UCONN undefeated teams using historical stats as you say then I don't think there is one player that didn't make at least HM AA in the last 10 years or so that wound up being the 2nd leading scorer on an undefeated team. To further this, I don't believe there is a steadfast formula rule that you might be implying for HM A/A.

I am going to take a two day break on AMak discussions (other than my next post to soxfan123) - let others have their crack. You and I are going down a path of being "accusatory" - I don't want that so I'll re-discuss on Wednesday if you or anyone else wants.

***********And just to be clear I did Amak has the possibility of becoming HM AA. I did not say she undoubtedly will be. Thus you finding a stat from another school that is not UCONN - doesn't mean she will have the exact same stat you pull up for that other player. Which is why I countered with past undefeated UCONN teams.

Reaction Score
NOBODY is comparing Walker to Makurat, Walker was just used as an illustration of what an AA's stats look like.

And it's wrong.

You said NOWHERE NEAR being an A/A. Walker was a 1st team A/A. Many of us are NOT suggesting AMak will be a 1st team A/A.

I don't understand why you can't see the difference.

Well I am done with this a few days.

Reaction Score
And it's wrong.

You said NOWHERE NEAR being an A/A. Walker was a 1st team A/A. Many of us are NOT suggesting AMak will be a 1st team A/A.

I don't understand why you can't see the difference.

Well I am done with this a few days.

As am I, let's see at the end of the year who was right.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
those are some pretty serious numbers and why would it be impossible to assume that coming back with my experience, losing some weight and coming back in better shape, that those numbers might improve???
It is very reasonable to believe Anna will come back an improved player. What is not reasonable is to expect Anna to sustain the pace of her last 8 games , 49% from deep, 55% overall, 13 PPG, 5 APG over an entire season. To recap those reason 1) Those games were against AAC opponents 2) Anna will face increased competition for playing time this season from Aliyah Edwards, Evina Westbrok and Aubrey Griffin. Anna will also likely not be placed in her role of Point Forward because UCONN has got to establish Paige as the PG of the future & besides Paige UCONN has two point guards Evina and Nika that appear to be capable options at PG. Lastly that pace of deep shooting would pass or equal Sue Bird's UCONN all time record. Even at the lower mark of 45% from deep that some are proposing, Anna would be 10 all time in UCONN WBB history.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're personal "celebrating" has nothing to do with our discussions and has nothing to do with my comments. :) And we have already discussed in past how we feel as fans. No point bringing that up further.

Just as you keep bringing up "top 5 players." - You mention top 15 players- thus including top 5 players as A/A in the discussion - this was not my argument. It's irrelevant to me - but yet you replied to me to start these discussions. So you can';t change what I'm saying to fit your narrative. My comments of AMAk have nothing to do with top 5 or even top 10 players so why you keep bringing them up imo is irrelevant to me.:) :) If you want o obring it up - great. But to reply to me as if top 5 or even top 10 matters - it has nothing to do with my comments. I never suggested she was top 5 or top 10. And this year with COVID - I have no idea nor do you or anyone else know what many players will accumulate. All I'm suggesting is "the possibility."

As far as South Carolina and Harrigan -- you are right. I agree with you-- if if if if AMAk is 2nd in scoring while only averaging 13 ppg while other players are near her scoring average just as SC has- she will not get Honorable Mention A/A status. She would need to build up other stats for that.

However these stats are accumulated by South Carolina in the manner they play. And we know UCONN is different than SC (UCONN's 16-17 and 17-18 teams averaged more ppg than SC 19-20 as an example). So if I were to look back at the history of UCONN undefeated teams using historical stats as you say then I don't think there is one player that didn't make at least HM AA in the last 10 years or so that wound up being the 2nd leading scorer on an undefeated team. To further this, I don't believe there is a steadfast formula rule that you might be implying for HM A/A.

I am going to take a two day break on AMak discussions (other than my next post to soxfan123) - let others have their crack. You and I are going down a path of being "accusatory" - I don't want that so I'll re-discuss on Wednesday if you or anyone else wants.

***********And just to be clear I did Amak has the possibility of becoming HM AA. I did not say she undoubtedly will be. Thus you finding a stat from another school that is not UCONN - doesn't mean she will have the exact same stat you pull up for that other player. Which is why I countered with past undefeated UCONN teams.
:eek: My personal celebration has everything to do with your post and will happen once I get you on the correct path. Enjoy your two day break. We can pick up with your course correction towards enlightenment upon your return.:D

Reaction Score
Sure. As soon as you can tell me what "NOWHERE near" to AA looks like.
A player that averaged pedestrian stats like 8pts 4rbs and 3asts, has NEVER even made All conference while playing in a dismal conference, and a player that is arguably only the 5th or 6th player on their own team is my definition of "NOWHERE near" an AA, does that clarify things for you?

Reaction Score
A player that averaged pedestrian stats like 8pts 4rbs and 3asts, has NEVER even made All conference while playing in a dismal conference, and a player that is arguably only the 5th or 6th player on their own team is my definition of "NOWHERE near" an AA, does that clarify things for you?

Yes, but I understood your post as predicting what will happen this year. And if that is what Anna is at the end of March, then you will have been right. Abrasive, but right.

Reaction Score
Yes, but I understood your post as predicting what will happen this year. And if that is what Anna is at the end of March, then you will have been right. Abrasive, but right.
Sorry you feel that way, I am just trying to be objective and honest.

Reaction Score
Sorry you feel that way, I am just trying to be objective and honest.

I’m sorry too, but there really wasn’t a need to put “nowhere near” in all caps when discussing Anna and her chances at being an AA this year. For the record, I don’t think Anna is going to be AA this season, but I do think she will be incredibly valuable to the team and could make All Conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom