UConn/Stanford may be the top rivalry in the women's game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Stanford may be the top rivalry in the women's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I can't resist. How about U. of Virginia vs. Tennessee? Think they will continue to play each other after today? Lots of people in three states will watch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sorry, but UConn-Tennessee needs to come back, and it is a blemish on Pat's legacy that she was willing to hurt the sport she's done so much for by ending it.
i agree with most everything you said, but i wanted to add that there are rivalries, and then there are great rivalries. lots of teams have rivalries. but the truly great ones are the rivalries that the fans of the the teams involved are the most rabid about, and the fans of the sport in general are the most interested in.

as for canceling the game, Tenn fans will tell you Pat quit the series because Geno is a cheat. i'm sure the mods would rather not beat that dead horse, but she did much more damage, IMHO, with her innuendos and veiled reasons for quitting the series. my point is, if you are going to accuse someone of something publicly, you'd better have your facts straight because the defense against slander is "it's the truth".

the problem is, Pat knew there is no proof so she never came out and called Geno a cheater, etc. she just implied it and let her fans run around screaming it from the rooftops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom