UConn St Johns post game press semifinal @! | The Boneyard

UConn St Johns post game press semifinal @!

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I love Dan Hurley. I am still not sure what happened with the technical foul. Did St John get a T first then Hurley got a T for getting on the ref for the”short guy” ? I also love that after saying get him out of here he went over and lobbied to let him stay to avoid any bad luck. He is like the commercial they have be running. He gets us and thats why I love him.

Reaction Score
His point that the Big East regular season is the big one because it’s a true round robin which in the era of huge conferences doesn’t happen is an excellent point . That’s a nice feature of smaller groups .

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Pitino seems like more of a UConn fan than a St. John’s coach
I think that’s what Hannibal Lector defined as coveting! He wants what Hurley has one more time in his coaching career. And you know what he is who he is but you cannot doubt his coaching skills. He is a master, they have talent but right now they have a coach who is on his game. They put up 90 on a top 10 defense.

Reaction Score
Ooooph. "I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night there'll be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them."

Hurley: "Cam did you have a problem with me today?"
Cam: "No issues Coach."

Somehow Hurley does the balancing act of being the coach authority and being one of the guys.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Ooooph. "I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night there'll be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them."

Hurley: "Cam did you have a problem with me today?"
Cam: "No issues Coach."

Somehow Hurley does the balancing act of being the coach authority and being one of the guys.
Brilliant mic work by coach. The shade at the Providence fanbase is classic Hurley.

It mystifies me how a recruit could say no to him. He's such a savage.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want to hate Pitino but every time they put a mic in front of him he’s complimenting us.
There is a very good reason JC referred to RP as "the biggest phony he ever met".

Whenever there's a microphone, Rick speaks on the subject like he's their greatest admirer, wants to be their best friend, if it wasn't for (fill in the blank) then he would be first in line to do (also, fill in the blank).

Something that over the decades I've posted countless times after Pitino threw some compliments somewhere: How can you tell Pitino's lying? His lips are moving.

Reaction Score
There is a very good reason JC referred to RP as "the biggest phony he ever met".

Whenever there's a microphone, Rick speaks on the subject like he's their greatest admirer, wants to be their best friend, if it wasn't for (fill in the blank) then he would be first in line to do (also, fill in the blank).

Something that over the decades I've posted countless times after Pitino threw some compliments somewhere: How can you tell Pitino's lying? His lips are moving.
Great post- never heard this before. Anywhere you can point me to read or listen to more of this?

Also, I live in Fairfield Co too

Reaction Score
Pitino's making me almost like him!

He's been extremely complimentary since we played Iona last year.
Same here. He knows basketball. He also has a pretty good sense of humor, vis-a-vis the New York Post. "If the New York Post is not the Bible who am I going to believe?!"

Reaction Score
Rick that son of a b*tch 29:36

"Connecticut's Connecticut and they're just a machine you know they can beat ya 100 different ways"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom