UConn-St. John’s moved to FOX at 2:30pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-St. John’s moved to FOX at 2:30pm

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m taking a half day, though I am absolutely buried at work. There just hasn’t been enough basketball this year for me to walk away from it.
I was fortune enough to be scheduled the 5AM-2PM European time shift at work, without asking. ?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Makes sense that Fox would feature this game. This is the first real regional conference rivalry game we’ve played since joining. Major sports event for the NY metro.

Reaction Score
Makes sense that Fox would feature this game. This is the first real regional conference rivalry game we’ve played since joining. Major sports event for the NY metro.

Not to be a Debby Downer, but also tomorrow is a very weak slate of basketball games. It's the 3rd best game of the day according to ESPN Match Quality and the first two games are under ESPN control tomorrow night. Every game after UConn-SJU are a bunch of mid majors so not a lot of options to pick from after the Notre Dame-Howard game got the PPD for this slot. Still, I'll take the gift.

Reaction Score
I was fortune enough to be scheduled the 5AM-2PM European time shift at work, without asking. ?
What’s the trick to watching a network game (FOX, CBS, NBC, etc.) from Europe? Asking for a friend ?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not to be a Debby Downer, but also tomorrow is a very weak slate of basketball games. It's the 3rd best game of the day according to ESPN Match Quality and the first two games are under ESPN control tomorrow night. Every game after UConn-SJU are a bunch of mid majors so not a lot of options to pick from after the Notre Dame-Howard game got the PPD for this slot. Still, I'll take the gift.
If we are not in the NBE we aren't on Fox, obviously. Besides Houston and maybe Cinci, who else is a national broadcast worthy opponent?

Just enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
Mid-major time slot. We probably got it because the MAAC game was postponed. This is another issue I have with the Big East administration. It goes back to before the current New Big East. They put games on in mid-major time slots. You would never see the ACC do this even for BC-Pitt. The Big 10 wouldn’t put its games on in the mid afternoon of a holiday that is observed by about 20% of the work force. The old Big East did it with football several times. Now this group is doing it with basketball. It is what it is I guess. Mid major takes what it can get and pretends it is important. A mid afternoon weekday game on Fox. LOL. Replacing St Peters-Iona tilt I guess. To quote Nancy Reagan when Fox called Dave should have just said no.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A mid afternoon weekday game on Fox. LOL.
A mid-afternoon Holiday game with a pre-show lead-in that will have plenty of Husky material I'm sure. Probably a profile of Bouk. On a Big 4 network most of the country can watch with an antenna or basic cable. I'm not laughing, I'm smiling!

Reaction Score
Work remotely and take a 2 hour lunch starting at 2 since they have ways to check who is online and viewing what.
I work from home every day. So this is great news for me. I’ll be able to sit in my WFM office, logged into work (and doing work by the way), while the game is on the TV. And, double bonus, the wife will be none the wiser.

Reaction Score
Mid-major time slot. We probably got it because the MAAC game was postponed. This is another issue I have with the Big East administration. It goes back to before the current New Big East. They put games on in mid-major time slots. You would never see the ACC do this even for BC-Pitt. The Big 10 wouldn’t put its games on in the mid afternoon of a holiday that is observed by about 20% of the work force. The old Big East did it with football several times. Now this group is doing it with basketball. It is what it is I guess. Mid major takes what it can get and pretends it is important. A mid afternoon weekday game on Fox. LOL. Replacing St Peters-Iona tilt I guess. To quote Nancy Reagan when Fox called Dave should have just said no.
? We got the timeslot because Howard’s game with Notre Dame was cancelled due to covid.

Reaction Score
Did you have a problem with it when ESPN use to put us on during the day for MLK day back in the old Big East days??????

C

Chief00

Fox just put up a graphic saying the game is at 2pm on FOX, not 2:30. I have the tv paused on the graphic so it is no mistake. Keep an eye out for the truth

I suspect we are going to win or lose on Monday based upon our live ball turnovers and I truly have no idea if Cole and Gaffney are good enough ball handlers to keep that number low enough to win. My fear is that they're not. Can't inbound to positions in the backcourt where the double team can trap. Have to press the advantage and convert when we do get by their press and they are trailing the ball. Can't give them shots at steals then pull the ball out when we pass half court, and also play against their half court defense. The more possessions they have to play against our half court defense, the more I like our chances. Our shooting will determine how many steals we can give up to their press. Their shooting will determine if we can run before a press is set up.
Chief thinks the strategy is to go verticle on St Johns. Throw the ball over their pressure in a couple crisp passes.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks the strategy is to go verticle on St Johns. Throw the ball over their pressure in a couple crisp passes.
Someday we’ll be blessed to hear from Chief himself instead of these disseminated data points from proxy Chief.

Reaction Score
? We got the timeslot because Howard’s game with Notre Dame was cancelled due to covid.
Yeah that was a huge one. LOL. What was the score going to be, Notre Dame whatever it wanted. Howard whatever ND wanted? That was a game so Fox could say “ we are supporting MLK” just not willing to give up a prime time slot for it. Why we agreed to it is beyond me.
Did you have a problem with it when ESPN use to put us on during the day for MLK day back in the old Big East days??????
I did. I even said that this problem of taking mid major slots goes back to the real Big East. They were worse for football but did it for basketball too. That was just another example. The league is just so mid major in its media approach.

Reaction Score
The last game UConn played during the day on MLK Day was in 2011 at 3:00 and Villanova was ranked 7th and UConn 8th. Sounds like a mid-major game. ;)
It isn’t 2011. What other major is scheduled for this afternoon? Who are we up against?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guess I'll modify from work from home schedule to a work from couch this afternoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom