UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 21 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2 of the best and brightest of us like this ... I don't understand it. "are filling in"?
And one of the dumbest wrote it. Merriam-Webster definition #2:

"2: to give necessary or recently acquired information to."

MW and Crystal Dangerfield are telling CW and ONO about the rigors of UConn and what they need to do to prepare for Camp Geno in mid-October. Better??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

MW and Crystal Dangerfield are telling CW and ONO about the rigors of UConn and what they need to do to prepare for Camp Geno in mid-October. Better??

Yesterday I was apparently as sharp as a stump.

Reaction Score

ahhhhaa..............now I know why the two of them just ran out the back door without taking those masks off.................:rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Nelson-Ododa says goodbye and looks ahead in her last blog entry for USA Today:

I graduate on May 24 and I’m really looking forward to it.

At first I didn’t think I was gonna be able to walk in my graduation because I’m going to USA Basketball, but I got the news that I’ll be able to walk.

I head out to Colorado Springs the next day after graduation on May 25.

I go to UConn right after USA Basketball for the first summer session and I’m most excited about the whole experience of being a freshman.

My roommate is gonna be my girl Christyn (Williams) so I know we’ll have a lot of fun settling in.

I definitely think that we’ll have a really strong team next season. How far we go depends on how well we work together. The good thing is that I know all of the girls are hard workers and we all want to win a national title so I know we’re going to put in the work that it requires.

The Olivia Nelson-Ododa Blog: Graduation, USA Basketball and the next chapter at UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oh, Olivia! You really wrote this? I’m most excited about the whole experience of being a freshman.

I'm partly joking, but most frosh are shell-shocked by the rigors and expectations of Coach Auriemma.

I have a good feeling about Olivia and Christyn, though. Both are confident and hard-working. I think they will succeed more than some of the other recent frosh. Both will be needed more than most recent frosh.

I also like the pic of Liv dunking from WAY above the rim.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh, Olivia! You really wrote this? I’m most excited about the whole experience of being a freshman.

I'm partly joking, but most frosh are shell-shocked by the rigors and expectations of Coach Auriemma.

I have a good feeling about Olivia and Christyn, though. Both are confident and hard-working. I think they will succeed more than some of the other recent frosh. Both will be needed more than most recent frosh.

I also like the pic of Liv dunking from WAY above the rim.

Yeah, I noticed that too....................................WAY above the rim!! ;) I know it's early, and the freshmen have not even arrived on campus yet. I'm sorry, but I just can't see Geno keeping these two phenoms on the bench this year. SMH. I know stranger things have happened but I just can't see it. Especially with the lack of experienced depth on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<That young lady has basketball hands no doubt! Also love the prom dress>>

Nice conservative blue number and, BTW, did you notice the size of her hands?

Just wow. :eek:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller caught up with Olivia Nelson-Ododa's sister-in-law Dearica Hambry:

"She is going to be under Geno who is a fabulous coach, she has a great skill set," said Hamby, a forward for the Las Vegas Aces. "She obviously has to get a little stronger but I am excited to see what Geno can do with her and how far they go.

"She can handle the ball, she can post up. She is super athletic, she can jump obviously, she can defend, she can run, she can shoot and do just about everything. The players who do that at this level are superstars, (Elena) Delle Donne, Candace (Parker) I think I would compare her to those types of players. Off the court, she is a good person, she has a good heart."

"I told her the things to look for and when she went on her visits, I told her to go to the place that feels like home for you no matter where that is and she chose UConn," Hamby said.

Hamby believes Nelson-Ododa is best suited to play the power forward position at the next level something that Morgan Tuck of the Connecticut Sun and Gabby Williams, a rookie with Chicago did with great distinction during their time with the Huskies.

WNBA's Dearica Hamby excited to see her sister in law suit up at UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

"She is going to be under Geno who is a fabulous coach, she has a great skill set," said Hamby, a forward for the Las Vegas Aces. "She obviously has to get a little stronger but I am excited to see what Geno can do with her and how far they go.

"She can handle the ball, she can post up. She is super athletic, she can jump obviously, she can defend, she can run, she can shoot and do just about everything. The players who do that at this level are superstars, (Elena) Delle Donne, Candace (Parker) I think I would compare her to those types of players. Off the court, she is a good person, she has a good heart."

"I told her the things to look for and when she went on her visits, I told her to go to the place that feels like home for you no matter where that is and she chose UConn," Hamby said.

Hamby believes Nelson-Ododa is best suited to play the power forward position at the next level something that Morgan Tuck of the Connecticut Sun and Gabby Williams, a rookie with Chicago did with great distinction during their time with the Huskies.

I didn’t know that Dearica was related to Olivia. Dearica is back to playing after having a child. Aunt Olivia comes to Storrs soon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Maybe more important is the little blurb at the bottom of the article

JEFFERSON ON THE MEND

Former UConn guard Moriah Jefferson made the trip with the Las Vegas team but she is still recovering from a serious knee injury so is not in the lineup.

"It is day by day right now taking my time so in a few weeks I should be back," Jefferson said.

"It is a struggle because I love playing, I am used to being on the court. It is good for my body, getting back to being a lot better, faster and stronger when I get on the court."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Near the end of Olivia Nelson-Ododa's senior season I kept waiting for her final performance highlights to show up. Waited and waited, no highlights. This was at the end of February. Well, I checked Hudl last night and lo and behold they put them up in April. So, here are highlights from several of ONO's final games in high school.

Vs Gainesville:

https://vh.hudl.com/p-highlights/Us...c581a41e5/faad1575_720.mp4?v=4E314309B09DD508

Vs Creekview:

https://vh.hudl.com/p-highlights/Us...964586de5/7f010a72_720.mp4?v=D1AD977BF59CD508

Vs Lovejoy:

https://vh.hudl.com/p-highlights/Us...e54253e84/88fae44f_720.mp4?v=92CE5E1CB89CD508

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Near the end of Olivia Nelson-Ododa's senior season I kept waiting for her final performance highlights to show up. Waited and waited, no highlights. This was at the end of February. Well, I check Hudl last night and lo and behold they put them up in April. So, here are highlights from several of ONO's final games in high school.

can't wait to see ONO on the court at UConn.......with her skill set and athleticism, if she remains healthy her future is unlimited

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Person interview of the basketball ball prodigy Olivia Nelson-Ododa. She is the coolest person to ever walk through our school’s doors and this interview let’s you know why.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Dearica Hambry said: "She can handle the ball, she can post up. She is super athletic, she can jump obviously, she can defend, she can run, she can shoot and do just about everything.

I just hope they don't ask her to do too much too soon, which is easy when you don't have a suitable back up. She'll be a work in progress all season.

Christyn has not played a game yet for the Huskies, but she already has her own "fan club", which will no doubt grow exponentially as time goes on. Ms. Ott may just be her biggest fan...................."Taking a break and photo with my Hero
Christyn Williams!!!".

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
As pretty as this was to watch, I'm pretty sure that move would constitute travelling under current rules, i.e. passing the ball to yourself or some such thing.

Can someone more knowledgeable check that out?

Carnac

Reaction Score
As pretty as this was to watch, I'm pretty sure that move would constitute travelling under current rules, i.e. passing the ball to yourself or some such thing.

Can someone more knowledgeable check that out?

Yeah, she did travel when she jumped and came back down and still had the ball. A nice display of moves and handles though. If she can pull that move off in a game without traveling, she just might be featured on SportsCenter that evening, and send the crowd into a frenzy. That's not a move you see every day. Don't ever play horse with CW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
“The doctor says I’m 6’4-1/2” (in bare feet).

There we go! She’s definitely taller than Bria Hartley. :D
Let's not be hasty. Did we get a report from Bria's doctor?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom