UConn Showing Interest in Tyler Lamb | The Boneyard

UConn Showing Interest in Tyler Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354574114.602572.jpg

H

Husk-E

I think I remember seeing him 2 years ago, and you lose one with transferring right, so he might not.

Reaction Score
If transfer to UConn after this semester (he is here for the spring) then he sits out spring and fall and is eligible at the end of next fall. Under that scenario he would play for 1.5 years here. If he does the same thing and sits spring and fall, then redshirts the following spring semester he would have 2 full years here (though I would doubt that would be an option for him).

Reaction Score
If he visits, does that use up one of our official visits for this year? Just curious if transfers follow the same rules as incoming recruits.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I do not want this child at UConn. We need a big.

Reaction Score
UCLA's huge (out of shape), fairly talented center Smith is transferring too. I say we make a run at him. Bring em both in.

Reaction Score
. I would rather lose to Gtown ( Pe-Toowey) then take scraps from the most underachieving over rated team on the west coast.

We have not reached anywhere near the low required to take two players from UCLA.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't kno anything about this kid but some of the guys who have transferred away from UCLA have done good things where they have gone.

Reaction Score
I don't kno anything about this kid but some of the guys who have transferred away from UCLA have done good things where they have gone.

Yea, Scot-e sounds pretty clueless. Mike Moser, Chase Stanback, Drew Gordon, I'll take those "scraps" anyday of the week.

Reaction Score
Lamb would be a great addition. We have 2-3 more schollies left, and not a ton of top players still out there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tyler Lamb is definitely worth a look.

He's a big guard - 6'5", 200-ish. He plays very solid defense, gets his hands on the ball. Not a great offensive player, but he has range and he gets to the rim. He's not spectacular at anything, but he's pretty good at everything - and UCLA just was not going to play him ahead of Anderson and Muhammad, because they're both very good and they're making a lot of money.

I think he'd probably end up at UNLV because everyone who transfers is obligated to go to either Missouri or UNLV, but if he gets away from them, he'd be good here.

He would instantly become one of our more tattoo'd recruits.

For tcf above, yep, he would count against our officials if he were to make a visit - he's a recruit.

As for Josh Smith, nah.

He should be a year away from being an NBA millionaire, but he just doesn't have the discipline. I thought Hostess going out of business might rescue his career, but apparently, he's just switched from Twinkies to Little Debbie snack cakes.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I trust Coach Ollie...don't see him reaching on kids with baggage or character issues, so I he wants a player, I'm all for it!

Reaction Score
Fishy wasting orange juice again :D with "they're making too much money".............had to clean the screen with the Little Debbie switch too...........too bad on Smith if he could take a year off, go to a school and get in tip top shape he could be a real nice 2 year guy.........

Reaction Score
Love the Hostess line, but I have to disagree. I dont think we are in any position to discriminate against any big men. Especially, not ones who are a year away from NBA millions as you put it. Ill gladly take a fat slob to clog the lane for 12-15 min a game while also getting us 6 pts and 4 or 5 boards. TO is not the answer at center and our only signed big is a lanky PF. Again, we are in no shape to snub any big man, I dont care how fat or lazy he is.

Reaction Score
If they would be eligible for next season, get them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom