UConn sees recruiting bump from Big East move | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn sees recruiting bump from Big East move

Reaction Score
I suspect we’ll see a recruiting bump now that the cloud of potential NCAA penalties have cleared.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I assumed that either Hurley used the wrong word or the reporter got it wrong. Mentally I read it as "palpable". It doesn't even make sense otherwise.
That sentence isn't in quotes, it's a paraphrase, or an impression by the writer, and so the word is the writer's, not Hurley's.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I suspect we’ll see a recruiting bump now that the cloud of potential NCAA penalties have cleared.
Maybe but the furtherance of the narrative that we’re a “dirty program” probably makes it a wash for recruiting.

Reaction Score

Hurley says that since the announcement, recruits are getting back to him quicker and some guys who had stopped talking to him "did come out of the woodwork and ask me how I'm doing."
"Dont give me hope"

Reaction Score
That sentence isn't in quotes, it's a paraphrase, or an impression by the writer, and so the word is the writer's, not Hurley's.
There is no way Hurley got that wrong.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Most other AAC schools you can make some case for their relevance -- they're in Texas or Florida, have a decent history in Memphis and Temple, even Tulane has New Orleans. But Tulsa just sits there.

Honestly, I like to make fun of Tulsa and will do so forever, but the real outlier in the conference is Tulane.

They have no fan base.

Reaction Score
A bump is not a bump until we can actually see the bump. A living breathing basketball dribbling bump.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly, I like to make fun of Tulsa and will do so forever, but the real outlier in the conference is Tulane.

They have no fan base.

It's unfortunate really. Was in NOLA last year when Tulane played and upset somebody at home (football). Memphis I think. We were there for my wife's reunion of Loyola NOLA, which is adjacent to Tulane, so we were in bars in the area of campus. Nobody was watching the football game in those bars except me.

Maybe too many distractions, and the city is all in on LSU (and the Saints).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The timing of move has not been finalized, but Hurley said the excitement he's been hearing both from fans and prospects has been palatable.

Technically correct, but just an odd use of the word 'palatable'.

Ever notice that in every article that references the American's weird collection of members, Tulsa is the example given? Has anyone anywhere ever seen a Tulsa fan try to defend themselves? I'm starting to believe that they just don't exist.

I think he just got mixed up and meant to say palpable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom