UConn season tix email? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn season tix email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, you didn't have long standing seats to be worried about. On the plus side, if you go full refund, there might be better seats avail next year if people bail
It's an interesting thought. Right now I'm leaning Option 2 from "Retain your Seats" because I don't want to risk losing out on lower bowl.

Reaction Score
To be honest I have minimal priority points - don't donate outside of the minimum required and have football season tickets and I've been able to get the seats I want (lower level corner) and could've upgraded during my time slot to more center court seats with higher donation. I'm not going to lose my seats over $100 or so - but it's the principle of the threat of losing your seats that annoys a lot of people.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'm not going to lose my seats over $100 or so - but it's the principle of the threat of losing your seats that annoys a lot of people.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Appealing to people's better nature while holding them off of a bridge by their feet is not a good look for an athletic department that runs in the deep red.

Reaction Score
Why in the world would your run-of-the-mill person let UConn hold their money for a year instead of getting a refund if there is no incentive to it? Crazy to me

Reaction Score
So basically you have to let them keep at least 50% of your seat donation or your forfeit your seats for the following year. It seems like UConn Athletics has opted for the stick instead of the carrot approach.

This is going to rub a lot of fans the wrong way.
This is basically blackmail. So if I don't donate at least half of my hard earned money then I lose the right to purchase season tickets. This is total BS. Terrible look and typical of UConn athletic department.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
It's called a "donation" for a reason. I'm surprised they are offering any of the donation back at all.

Reaction Score
This is basically blackmail. So if I don't donate at least half of my hard earned money then I lose the right to purchase season tickets. This is total BS. Terrible look and typical of UConn athletic department.
you don't lose the right to purchase season tickets, just the right to keep the same seats as you previously had

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What UConn is not communicating well is that with no football revenue and no fans at men’s and women’s basketball games, the athletic department is in a fiscal crisis. They should be honest about the problem and try to rally the fanbase.

Reaction Score
I donated the money from my Gampel tickets. I am 63 Y.O and have asthma so that I use an Advair inhaler twice a day which really keeps it under control. If I get covid it could be trouble. UConn needs cash and I am in a position to help them out and happy to do so. For me that money was already spent and out of the budget. I am hoping for a better 2021-2022.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Laughable but why should we expect anything more from an Athletic Dept. that continuously thunbs its nose at loyal season ticket holders...Nice to know this is how they "message" that "we're all in this together"...yeah right!

Reaction Score
What UConn is not communicating well is that with no football revenue and no fans at men’s and women’s basketball games, the athletic department is in a fiscal crisis. They should be honest about the problem and try to rally the fanbase.

See this yet - got an email last week on it? Fight On Fund – UConn Huskies

Reaction Score
Did everyone review the extra perks after clicking more info on the original email?

Screenshot_20201106-083640.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201106-083714.png
    Screenshot_20201106-083714.png
    433.4 KB · Views: 73
Reaction Score
Well, you didn't have long standing seats to be worried about. On the plus side, if you go full refund, there might be better seats avail next year if people bail
Nah, those better seats will go to people who stayed in with their money, and get first shots at upgrading.

Reaction Score
I think UConn needs to change the incentives a bit for donations. As I said in an earlier post I don't really care about the priority points. Think it's probably a small subset of fans that do. I think now is the time for some experiential incentives for donating. I went to GW - and while I know they aren't at our level - for $250 donation this year part of the incentives include access to a pre game assistant coach run through of the game/opponent.

Donate $50 for a small group Zoom chat with Hurley or an assistant? $250 and get a bottle of wine sent to you to open up during a small group event with Geno talking wine and basketball? Try to get Kemba to donate an hour of his time and charge for a Q&A/discussion with him. Heck, I'd donate to watch a livestream of a intra-squad scrimmage right now.

Donate everything and get priority to tickets if fans allowed in at NO cost? Do they really think that's the way to market that? Of course there's a cost and you've already paid it.

Tough times calls for some creativity and we're just getting more of the same with the athletic department. Time to innovate.

Reaction Score
Anyone news on hockey season ticketholder policy? I've not received any outreach regarding mine.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Personal Finance 101 - Have enough savings to cover your bills in the event of a crisis.

Reaction Score
Why in the world would your run-of-the-mill person let UConn hold their money for a year instead of getting a refund if there is no incentive to it? Crazy to me
Hate to be the Debbie downer here but theres also no guarantees that fans will be there for the 21-22 season. So they will just keep taking more and more money with no product to go see.

Reaction Score
They need 1.5mm to cover the cost of the covid testing. Wonder the costs to test the entire football program at that level if they played.

Reaction Score
They need 1.5mm to cover the cost of the covid testing. Wonder the costs to test the entire football program at that level if they played.
I think they are still being tested even though they are not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom