UConn season tix email? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn season tix email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think they are still being tested even though they are not playing.
I think so too but not sure if its at the same frequency as the hoops team because they will be playing. idk

Reaction Score
Why in the world would your run-of-the-mill person let UConn hold their money for a year instead of getting a refund if there is no incentive to it? Crazy to me
The options includes incentives...

Reaction Score
The options includes incentives...
I meant that there is no incentive for the "lend us your whole ticket cost but don't donate anything" option over the "get a full refund" option

Reaction Score
They didn't "have" to do it any particular way. They didn't have any faith that the fanbase would step up so they had to mandate "giving". Which actually makes it "paying". The UConn Athletic Department: Pissing on the loyal fans while kissing the ass of casual fans for 30 years now.

It is a pattern. In 1995, when I called to get Final Four tickets, "honest Ben" Kirtland told me my time slot was later in the day. When I asked how that could be possible considering my point total, Ben told me since they had added a new donor group ($10,000) that year those buyers had first priority for post season tickets. He quickly added that my points gave me the best available seating for regular season games so in the view of the athletic department it was a wash. To me it was a short sighted means of encouraging larger donations in the short term.

After thinking about that statement for a couple seconds I told him I will use a new strategy going forward. If it looks as if the teams are going to be good that year I'll give a large donation so I can be in the first group for post season tickets and will ride along on my total points for regular season games. But, if they look weak I'll donate $100 and not worry about post season ticket position. He tried to talk me out of it and over the years I did drop way back on the donation amount a couple times. It's the only means of protest.

Reaction Score
It is a pattern. In 1995, when I called to get Final Four tickets, "honest Ben" Kirtland told me my time slot was later in the day. When I asked how that could be possible considering my point total, Ben told me since they had added a new donor group ($10,000) that year those buyers had first priority for post season tickets. He quickly added that my points gave me the best available seating for regular season games so in the view of the athletic department it was a wash. To me it was a short sighted means of encouraging larger donations in the short term.

After thinking about that statement for a couple seconds I told him I will use a new strategy going forward. If it looks as if the teams are going to be good that year I'll give a large donation so I can be in the first group for post season tickets and will ride along on my total points for regular season games. But, if they look weak I'll donate $100 and not worry about post season ticket position. He tried to talk me out of it and over the years I did drop way back on the donation amount a couple times. It's the only means of protest.

How'd that work out in 2011 and 2014?

Reaction Score

FYI it doesn’t work the way you think it does. They don’t count donations after a certain date for postseason tickets.

Reaction Score
FYI it doesn’t work the way you think it does. They don’t count donations after a certain date for postseason tickets.

Watchdog appears to understand postseason priority is solely based on current year donor level.

Reaction Score
It is a pattern. In 1995, when I called to get Final Four tickets, "honest Ben" Kirtland told me my time slot was later in the day.
I don’t remember the format of postseason tickets purchased in 1995 but I went to the FF in 2014. Right after we won at MSG we received an email either that evening or the next day which outlined your time slot to call for tix based on your donation level. I called in that day and time slot, got my tix and was all set. Sounds like in 1995 it was a free for all and any donor/season tix holder called whenever. I just know in our last FF we received very clear instructions, I followed them and got my tickets with no issues

Reaction Score

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. My donation was on time and the gamble I told Ben I would take in the future was choosing a donation level that would match my expectations for how the team would do in the postseason of that donor year. I felt they were trolling for big, new, corporate or matching donations and overlooking those of us who had been supporting the programs in a major way for years.

My points got me high priority for season tickets but my donor class in 1995 got me second priority for the postseason because they added a new class at $10,000 per year and I didn't donate that amount. They went by class and then point totals within each class and, as I recall, we weren't told it would be that way or I didn't understand it when the solicitation came out.

The best examples of the reality of it and the points I made with Ben Kirtland were the following:
1. Long time donor with over 1,000 points but only giving $5,000 in the current year would be given high priority for the best seating during the regular season but would be in the second group to be called for post season tickets.
2. New donor/company, etc. who gave $10,000 in the current year would have 100 points for the donation plus a few odd extra ones like 2 points for one year of donation and maybe something else would be in the first group called.

So, I told Ben that I understood they were trying to sweeten the pot to attract major new donations but they were doing it the wrong way and my only way to protest, if I didn't want to donate in the highest class, would be to gamble on good years versus bad years and donate accordingly.

Just my little protest. The change they made was a real slap in the face to those who had a long history of donations and a high point total. They got greedy and it probably made sense from their point of view but not that of some long time donors who were there for them in the 80's when things were pretty grim.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. My donation was on time and the gamble I told Ben I would take in the future was choosing a donation level that would match my expectations for how the team would do in the postseason of that donor year. I felt they were trolling for big, new, corporate or matching donations and overlooking those of us who had been supporting the programs in a major way for years.

My points got me high priority for season tickets but my donor class in 1995 got me second priority for the postseason because they added a new class at $10,000 per year and I didn't donate that amount. They went by class and then point totals within each class and, as I recall, we weren't told it would be that way or I didn't understand it when the solicitation came out.

The best examples of the reality of it and the points I made with Ben Kirtland were the following:
1. Long time donor with over 1,000 points but only giving $5,000 in the current year would be given high priority for the best seating during the regular season but would be in the second group to be called for post season tickets.
2. New donor/company, etc. who gave $10,000 in the current year would have 100 points for the donation plus a few odd extra ones like 2 points for one year of donation and maybe something else would be in the first group called.

So, I told Ben that I understood they were trying to sweeten the pot to attract major new donations but they were doing it the wrong way and my only way to protest, if I didn't want to donate in the highest class, would be to gamble on good years versus bad years and donate accordingly.

Just my little protest. The change they made was a real slap in the face to those who had a long history of donations and a high point total. They got greedy and it probably made sense from their point of view but not that of some long time donors who were there for them in the 80's when things were pretty grim.
Gotcha. I misunderstood.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember the format of postseason tickets purchased in 1995 but I went to the FF in 2014. Right after we won at MSG we received an email either that evening or the next day which outlined your time slot to call for tix based on your donation level. I called in that day and time slot, got my tix and was all set. Sounds like in 1995 it was a free for all and any donor/season tix holder called whenever. I just know in our last FF we received very clear instructions, I followed them and got my tickets with no issues

To the best of my recollection, until 1995 postseason ticket priorities were solely based on point totals and you would call in during your time slot based on your points. Then, in 1995, they switched to donor class as the first determinant, with points within each class being the second.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score

Interesting...i always thought total points were the priorities for both season ticket location as well as post season tickets...gonna have to ask my rep...

Reaction Score
Interesting...i always thought total points were the priorities for both season ticket location as well as post season tickets...gonna have to ask my rep...

The last few years it has been done by points. However I have no experience with it because it’s been for women’s tournament tickets and the people who buy our women’s tickets didn’t want them anyways.

C

Chief00

you don't lose the right to purchase season tickets, just the right to keep the same seats as you previously had
To me it should be like any other contract with “consideration” for both parties. Due to events beyond UConn’s control they can not provide me the seat they would reserve for me this year if I made another donation. They did not stipulate the scenario of paying half if no season for fans last season when I reserved it up to this point. Seems to me contractually their financial situation is pretty much irrelevant. Neither party for this season can fulfill their side of the contract because the fan attended games don’t take place. The only legal remedy I see without unfairly harming either party is to skip to next year as if this season did not exist. Of course, if someone wants to do donote they can but they should not be disadvantage by not doing so.
I will say it’s unclear to me the way it’s presented, if the IRS still won’t consider it a donation for a benefit - since it still is - just that the benefit is delayed further - and not allow the deduction.

Reaction Score
I haven't gotten an email yet either, but was also on the payment plan.

Not sure if that matters or how that will be handled.
"Customers currently on the bill plan were not charged on 10/30. For customers that select Option 1 or Option 2 within the “Retain Your Season Ticket Renewal Rights” section, payments will resume on 11/30. For customers that select Option 1 within the “Forefeit Your Season Ticket Renewal Rights” section, payments will resume on 11/30. The charge will consist of the October and November payments. Bill plans will end on their normally scheduled dates."

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Anyone else having issues picking your season ticket option on your ticket account? I logged in and there is no link to choose an option. I’m assuming we have to just call the ticket office?

Reaction Score
Anyone else having issues picking your season ticket option on your ticket account? I logged in and there is no link to choose an option. I’m assuming we have to just call the ticket office?
Same here. We are going to call today as well to pick our option.

Reaction Score
ok- I did it a while ago. You are referring to choosing what option for your tix going into next year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom