UConn roots for in the Sweet 16? | The Boneyard

UConn roots for in the Sweet 16?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm a casual hoops fan without UConn in the mix. Who are we rooting for? I hate Duke, Kansas, Nova, and Cuse, so they're out. Help!

Reaction Score
Zags. Few is to good of a coach not to have a title under his belt.

Reaction Score
I'm a casual hoops fan without UConn in the mix. Who are we rooting for? I hate Duke, Kansas, Nova, and Cuse, so they're out. Help!

I'm hurt you put my Jayhawks in the same group as Syracuse. Hurt I tell you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We don't really have any roots. Just a bunch of most hated opponents nuts hanging in our face.

Reaction Score
You know what sucks?

Having to pick between Cuse and Duke. I think I have to lean ever so slightly towards ...Puke.

I would say Kansas St over Kentucky before losing to Loyala. Or Nevada making it, either one would be cool.

Zags over FSU and then Texas A and M, though it would be cool to see them advance too.

Texas Tech over WVirg.

Clemson over Duke. That region is a whole bunch of yuck.

That would be my dream final four: Loyola (11) or Nevada (7), Zags (4) or Texas AM (7), TTech (3) and Clemson (5) would be a great final four.

Reaction Score
Purdue! Senior laden team who just had a big injury... would be great to see them still come out on top!

Reaction Score
You know what sucks?

Having to pick between Cuse and Duke. I think I have to lean ever so slightly towards ...Puke.

I would say Kansas St over Kentucky before losing to Loyala. Or Nevada making it, either one would be cool.

Zags over FSU and then Texas A and M, though it would be cool to see them advance too.

Texas Tech over WVirg.

Clemson over Duke. That region is a whole bunch of yuck.

That would be my dream final four: Loyola (11) or Nevada (7), Zags (4) or Texas AM (7), TTech (3) and Clemson (5) would be a great final four.

In a vacuum I think the choice is to pull for Duke. In the 3rd round of this tournament I am 100% rooting for Cuse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nevada, a fellow state school in a non power 5 conference. There's a certain kinship there...

Reaction Score
Zags. Few is to good of a coach not to have a title under his belt.

I'd bet against Few ever winning a title. Guy is too reclusive and doesn't like that spotlight on him compared to most other great coaches that are egomaniacal. Obviously just saying this as a viewer and could be completely wrong though.

Reaction Score
I'd bet against Few ever winning a title. Guy is too reclusive and doesn't like that spotlight on him compared to most other great coaches that are egomaniacal. Obviously just saying this as a viewer and could be completely wrong though.
Well, he was leading the championship game at halftime, and down just one with under a minute left.

Reaction Score
There are tiers

1. Rooting for: Loyola and Nevada.

2. Would be fine with: K-State, Texas Tech, Zags

3. Slightly disappointed with: Michigan, Purdue, Texas A&M, Clemson, Florida St., West Virginia

4. Screw these guys: Syracuse, Duke, Villanova, Kentucky, Kansas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom