UConn rivals ranked by tiers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn rivals ranked by tiers

Reaction Score
That’s fair. I dunno, hard to explain. I’d say Texas-TAMU is a rivalry still despite not having played. Also, the UConn and Cuse fanbases certainly still trash talk etc. You’re telling me the fans aren’t rivals?
Fans are what makes a rivalry more so than what happens in a game, in my humble opinion

Reaction Score
also fair. i just think at a certain point, not having played in years, it's going to fizzle. with them being so bad it already has for me, and i hated them as much as anybody.
We’ll play again plenty when they come crawling back to the Big East ;)

Reaction Score
I would just list:

1. Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown
2. PC, UMass, BC, Pitt
3. Louisville, Seton Hall, St Johns

There’s really no reason to list USF or any of those guys. I have trouble listing UMass and BC - that peaked in the 80s-early 2000s.
Cinci was a big rival for us and started annoying us in the big east. Memphis should get a slight bump. But really for annoyance again.

Reaction Score
Cuse is UConn’s one and only true rival.

Than, a relatively stable group of Gtown, PC and Nova

Below that a rotating cast of dweebs and clowns
Georgetown is Cuse’s true rival.

It’s a little sad when your true rival ranks you second tier.

Reaction Score
I know many were too young to remember but this is one reason I considered Georgetown, SJU and Nova our rivals. They set the bar. This bracket and the huge games. Syracuse and then Pitt also became huge rivals.

ncaa-march-madness-results-1985.jpg

Reaction Score
Dook needs to be in with BC and Louisville too, I’d put them in that one and the category they’re in

Reaction Score
And please, people, stop saying Duke. Every school says Duke. I promise, Duke doesn’t think about us.
They may think about us more than some other non-ACC schools, but we ain't their rival. We're a school that cost them two titles almost two decades ago now.

Reaction Score
And please, people, stop saying Duke. Every school says Duke. I promise, Duke doesn’t think about us.
I wouldn't agree with that, I used to hang out with a couple of Duke grads and they used to think about UConn all the time, same goes for Kentucky. We kept them both from winning 2 more championships.

Reaction Score

You're ranking UConn as Nova's top rival, most UConn fans rank Nova as like their 4th or 5th rival. That will change going forward but it's a little sad when your true rival ranks you like 4th or 5th tier.

Reaction Score
From 2011:

bleacherreport.com/articles/855794-duke-basketball-ranking-the-10-teams-blue-devils-fans-hate-most

No. 2: UConn Huskies​

Twice they denied Duke a championship and now they want to join the ACC. This will be epic.
Duke fans will remember losing to UConn in the 1999 finals. Then failing to get by UConn in the 2004 Final Four.
Oh yea, there is a rivalry here, just not spoken about as much as the other more high profile cases.
Both these teams were on a collision course before Arizona got in the way and bounced Duke from the last NCAA tournament.
UConn joining the ACC will bring this quiet storm of a rivalry to the forefront.

Reaction Score

Georgetown and Syracuse have not been rivals for a couple of decades. This ain't the 80s or 90s. They haven't been rivals for longer than they were rivals. Manley Field House is closed.

Reaction Score
From 2011:

bleacherreport.com/articles/855794-duke-basketball-ranking-the-10-teams-blue-devils-fans-hate-most

No. 2: UConn Huskies​

Twice they denied Duke a championship and now they want to join the ACC. This will be epic.
Duke fans will remember losing to UConn in the 1999 finals. Then failing to get by UConn in the 2004 Final Four.
Oh yea, there is a rivalry here, just not spoken about as much as the other more high profile cases.
Both these teams were on a collision course before Arizona got in the way and bounced Duke from the last NCAA tournament.
UConn joining the ACC will bring this quiet storm of a rivalry to the forefront.
A lot changes in 11 years, just saying

Reaction Score
I wouldn't agree with that, I used to hang out with a couple of Duke grads and they used to think about UConn all the time, same goes for Kentucky. We kept them both from winning 2 more championships.

Yeah I don’t disagree. I’m sure they’re pissed about the 2 championships. But, that’s not what a rivalry is

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t disagree. I’m sure they’re pissed about the 2 championships. But, that’s not what a rivalry is
Agreed. When was the last time UConn and Duke played? 12/18/14. Over 7 years ago. And they've only played 8 times since and including the 1990 NCAA Tournament. Tough to be rivals if you play that infrequently.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Syracuse is the only team I actively root against when not playing UConn.

Providence and Memphis are annoying, I guess. Not rivals though. I respect Houston and would like to play them again OOC some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom