UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3 | The Boneyard

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a short game where you try to out-think other forum posters.

Previous rounds have been hosted by @Mano and @Minicoop69. The rules will remain the same for this iteration.

Rules:
  • There are two types of questions: Sheep questions (1-13) and Reverse Sheep questions (14-25).
  • For Sheep questions (1-13), you want to answer what you think will be given most often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Duke player" a good answer might be Christian Laettner and a bad answer would likely be Nick Horvath.
  • For Reverse Sheep questions (14-25), you want to give the answer that you think will be given least often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a basketball conference in the NCAA", a terrible answer would probably be the ACC. A good answer would probably be the Horizon League.
  • In Sheep questions, you get one negative point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and six other people said Laettner, all seven of you would get -7 points. No points are given if you are the only person to say an answer.
  • In Reverse Sheep questions, you get one positive point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. If you and ten other people said the ACC, you would get 11 points.
  • Incorrect answers in Reverse Sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer. Incorrect answers for Sheep questions will be worth 0.
  • The lowest total score wins. In the above two examples, your current score would be 11 – 7 = 5.
  • No using Google, Wikipedia, etc. if you don't have to. Try to remain moral in this (i.e. don't use them to cheat).
  • Fill out the Google Form to submit your answers. Do not post them in this thread or tell anyone else.
  • Answers are due by Sunday, June 26th at 11:59PM EDT. Answers will be revealed over the following day(s).
UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3 Questions

All questions refer to the UConn men's basketball team unless otherwise specified.

Without further ado, here are the questions:

Sheep Questions (1-12):
1) Name a player who played at UConn before the Calhoun era.
2) Name a player Kevin Ollie played with during his NBA career.
3) Name a pizzeria in Connecticut.
4) Name an assistant coach on any UConn athletics team.
5) Name a member of the 2001-2002 men's basketball team.

6) Name a president who was in office when UConn visited the White House.
7) What is the most memorable play in UConn history?
8) Name a UConn player who averaged dougle-digit points as a freshman.
9) Least favorite player from a conference foe (Big East or AAC).
10) Name a program with more national championships than UConn. (Helms Trophies do not count.)
11) Name a Husky who won a conference tournament MVP.
12) Most painful loss in program history? (Team + Year)

Bonus 2x-Points Sheep Question:
13) What is the family name of the donors the UConn basketball practice facility is named after?

Reverse Sheep Questions (14-25):
14) Name a team UConn has beaten in the NCAA Tournament since 2000.
15) Name a Naismith Player of the Year winner (since 1985).
16) Name a Husky who was born outside of the U.S.A.
17) Name a player who has played in both the NBA and AAC.
18) Name an NCAA men's basketball coach in the top 10 all-time in wins (776 wins or more).
19) Name a Connecticut city/town with a college and/or university.
20) Name a UConn player who was selected in the first round of the NBA draft.
21) Name a school in the Big Ten.
22) Name a player from the 1999 championship team.
23) Name a home basketball arena for an NCAA team (include team).
24) Name a UConn team (since 1985) that made the Elite Eight.
25) Name a professional sports team in Connecticut.

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3 Questions

Good luck to everyone!

Reaction Score
jfuchs can I get back in after getting 80% done then losing it trying to get some "real" work done? If so how?

Thanks

Reaction Score
jfuchs can I get back in after getting 80% done then losing it trying to get some "real" work done? If so how?

Thanks
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of your responses were recorded. You'll have to submit your answers again.

Just goes to show that the Boneyard should always take precedence over real work.

Reaction Score
Some real tough ones for sure. The guys who have put these 3 together - great job, fun stuff.

Reaction Score
We've got 29 submissions so far. Hoping that number will climb before the deadline. Sign up before the end of the weekend!

Reaction Score
Final bump. I'll begin revealing answers tomorrow at noon. Get your answers in before then.

Reaction Score
UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia - Round 3

Let's meet the contestants:
YPcWfj5.jpg

Full list of contestants (40):
@aburks41
@August_West
@bcisco
@BoatShow
@breezy
@calamity17
@Cassius Klaiber
@caw
@Chin Diesel
@DaveHuskiesFan
@Deepster
@Dogdeacon
@Gurleyman
@guyergym
@Hungryhusky99
@husky10
@HuskyFich
@Huskyforlife
@KemBuckets21
@KingOPancakes
@KOisKing
@Mano
@Matrim55
@mauconnfan
@MervthePurvis
@methodology
@Minicoop69
@navery12
@partyATkemba
@rayrayfor3
@Robertelamin
@tcf15
@scotty0330
@Scoe
@Shabizness
@SubbaBub
@Tenspro2002
@Tommyboy
@UC990411
@UConnNick

Good luck to everyone. Results from the first question will be posted in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Question 1 - Sheep Round
wBR2MYV.png

1) Name a player who played at UConn before the Calhoun era.

Responses:

Corny Thompson (-12):
Cassius Klaiber, Chin Diesel, Dogdeacon, gurleyman, Hungryhusky99, Matrim55, Mervthepurvis, Robertelamin, scoe, Shabizness, Subbabub, UConNick

Wes Bialosuknia (-10):

aburks41, breezy, caw, Kembuckets21, KOisKing, Mano, mauconnfan, methodology, Minicoop69, tcf15

Tony Hanson (-7):
August_west, Bcisco, Deepster, Guyer Gym, Huskyfich, Huskyforlife, scotty0330

Toby Kimball (-4):

Calamity17, KINGOPANCAKES, Tenspro2002, Tommyboy

Art Quimby (-2):

navery12, rayrayfor3

Clifford Robinson (-2):

husky10, Uc990411

Walt Dropo (0):
BoatShow

Hugh Greer (0):

PartyAtKemba

Tom Penders (0):

DaveHuskiesFan

Reaction Score
Question 2 - Sheep Round
qSZFItV.png

2) Name a player Kevin Ollie played with during his NBA career.

Responses:

Kevin Durant (-24):
aburks41, August_west, Bcisco, breezy, Calamity17, Dogdeacon, gurleyman, Hungryhusky99, Huskyforlife, KINGOPANCAKES, KOisKing, Mano, mauconnfan, Mervthepurvis, Minicoop69, navery12, PartyAtKemba, scotty0330, Shabizness, Subbabub, tcf15, Tenspro2002, Tommyboy, UConNick

LeBron James (-10):

Cassius Klaiber, Chin Diesel, DaveHuskiesFan, Deepster, Huskyfich, Matrim55, methodology, Robertelamin, scoe, Uc990411

Allen Iverson (-3):

Caw, Guyer Gym, Kembuckets21

Ray Allen (0):

husky10

Donyell Marshall (0):

rayrayfor3

Eric Snow (0):

BoatShow

Reaction Score
Should Cliff be worth any points in question 1?
I took the question with 'played' to mean any time while a player played (had his career) at UConn Calhoun wasn't the coach, but Cliff would count if you take the question to mean that anyone who played a game pre-Calhoun counts.

Interestingly, my first thought was Earl Kelley since he was the player most responsible for ending Perno era and prompting the coaching change but with shadows back to 1985-86, I knew Earl was a stay-away.

Reaction Score
Also I don't think KO played with LeBron. Ko was let go the offseason LeBron was drafted

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think BoatShow has his Sheep and Reverse Sheep mixed up...
May I just go on record that I joined this inane game simply to finish ahead of you. I'm hoping I finish second to last to accomplish that but won't get greedy and do what it takes.
Also apparently Boatshow has already locked up that spot.

Reaction Score
May I just go on record that I joined this inane game simply to finish ahead of you. I'm hoping I finish second to last to accomplish that but won't get greedy and do what it takes.
Also apparently Boatshow has already locked up that spot.

I'm not saying I'll win, but I will surely out think your old ale-sodden brain.

Reaction Score
Should Cliff be worth any points in question 1?
I took the question with 'played' to mean any time while a player played (had his career) at UConn Calhoun wasn't the coach, but Cliff would count if you take the question to mean that anyone who played a game pre-Calhoun counts.

Interestingly, my first thought was Earl Kelley since he was the player most responsible for ending Perno era and prompting the coaching change but with shadows back to 1985-86, I knew Earl was a stay-away.
Cliff's freshman season was the year before Calhoun got to UConn, so he counts. I'll be sure to vet all the answers that come in, but am open to different interpretations of the questions. I think that's part of the fun in these games.

Reaction Score
Question 3 - Sheep Round
OlNH4v2.jpg
3) Name a pizzeria in Connecticut.

Responses:

Frank Pepe (-31):
aburks41, August_west, Bcisco, breezy, Calamity17, Cassius Klaiber, Chin Diesel, DaveHuskiesFan, Deepster, Dogdeacon, gurleyman, Guyer Gym, Hungryhusky99, husky10, Huskyfich, KINGOPANCAKES, KOisKing, Mano, Matrim55, mauconnfan, methodology, Minicoop69, navery12, PartyAtKemba, Robertelamin, Shabizness, Subbabub, tcf15, Tenspro2002, Uc990411, UConNick

Mystic Pizza (-2):
Kembuckets21, rayrayfor3

Domino's (0):
Caw

First & Last Tavern (0):
BoatShow

Joe Pizza (0):
scoe

Modern Apizza (0):
Tommyboy

Slice of New Haven (0):
Mervthepurvis