UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That should be an interesting option (if Karlen and UConn got mutual interest). She is experienced, strong, good rebounder and got a nice mid distance shot.
I say no. If UConn can’t do better there will be no #12

Reaction Score
You didn’t see the post I deleted
One must open one's eyes sooner to start the day around here, because HuskyNan's quickness is something to behold!

Now, if all of those being speculated about would be THAT quick! :cool::D:cool:

Reaction Score
I say no. If UConn can’t do better there will be no #12
OUCH!!!!

That's not the speculation we encourage around here....

Please feel free to be posting about "never a 9th" on the Lady Vols board, or another "orange" team....

The encouraging speculation is that a 12th will be in the rafters after the 8th of April, 2024 after getting back from Cleveland.... [although historically, it gets put up on "First night-ish"]

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The difference between Karlen and Weimar is that Karlen has shown she can compete successfully against top competition (UConn). Weimar has competed only in the Patriot League for her entire career. Of course Karlen may want more PT than she might receive at UConn for her last season.

Karlen: 5.8 Win Shares, 27.6 PER

Weimar: 7.2 Win Shares, 33.2 PER

Reaction Score
The difference between Karlen and Weimar is that Karlen has shown she can compete successfully against top competition (UConn). Weimar has competed only in the Patriot League for her entire career. Of course Karlen may want more PT than she might receive at UConn for her last season.
Very true but Weimar has won the Patriot League Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and ECAC first-team honors so she's the best of the best at that level.............she's proven to be an excellent rebounder and shot blocker which is probably the most important weakness that UConn needs to address.......I think with Azzi back and the addition of Ziebell and Cheli the outside shooting shouldn't be much of an issue next year and if Ducharme returns to 100% she's also capable of playing that big guard or wing role.......assuming Ms. Strong goes elsewhere, if I could I'd like to take them both unless someone better enters the portal over the next few weeks which is somewhat likely....

Reaction Score
This is pure speculation, but I suspect she'd get 15-20 mins/g at the 4 playing next to Jana. It would be her and Ayanna, with Ice platooning at the 5.

Also, Like Lou, she'd probably really want the exposure of playing next to Paige for the draft.
It must be fun to play basketball when you know you're going to get the pass when you're open............:)

Reaction Score
This is pure speculation, but I suspect she'd get 15-20 mins/g at the 4 playing next to Jana. It would be her and Ayanna, with Ice platooning at the 5.

Also, Like Lou, she'd probably really want the exposure of playing next to Paige for the draft.
Ice isn’t a 5, Jana would make more sense there IMO

Reaction Score
Karlen: 5.8 Win Shares, 27.6 PER

Weimar: 7.2 Win Shares, 33.2 PER
Looks about right given the difference in competition. Boston U is a mid major program with a mid major schedule and would be about the equivalent of Butler in the Big East. Both are nice players but Karlen is more tested.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Very true but Weimar has won the Patriot League Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and ECAC first-team honors so she's the best of the best at that level.............she's proven to be an excellent rebounder and shot blocker which is probably the most important weakness that UConn needs to address.......I think with Azzi back and the addition of Ziebell and Cheli the outside shooting shouldn't be much of an issue next year and if Ducharme returns to 100% she's also capable of playing that big guard or wing role.......assuming Ms. Strong goes elsewhere, if I could I'd like to take them both unless someone better enters the portal over the next few weeks which is somewhat likely....
Marquette’s strength of schedule is 67, Boston U’s is 309.

Reaction Score
Very true but Weimar has won the Patriot League Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and ECAC first-team honors so she's the best of the best at that level.............she's proven to be an excellent rebounder and shot blocker which is probably the most important weakness that UConn needs to address.......

Ms Weimar's resume reminds me of a certain someone else that came out of nowhere and joined the Huslies for a 5th year. Did rather well too as I recall. What was her name....Lou something...? :D

Reactions: GG
Reaction Score
Ah for got it, my bad.

just saying I’m the quiet part out loud. I don’t think Lawson is who Tennessee goes after, despite the timing being suspicious. But if they do I’d most want UConn to go after Roberson.
The thought of A. Roberson came to my mind... But the limit of scholarships is still there pending the decision of
"She who must not be named"... well, you know, Sarah.

Reaction Score
So Harper out at Tennessee you would think Lawson from Duke would be high on the list to replace her and SS falls into UConn’s lap ?
Or becomes Kara’s first big recruit at Tennessee!:(

Reaction Score
How does Sarah Strong not choose UConn after watching tonight’s game! What Geno Auriemma has been able to do with this team has been incredible and just goes to show the type of program that Uconn is.
Well tomorrow is the McDonald’s all American game

Maybe she will commit during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member