Uconn recruiting shortcomings | The Boneyard

Uconn recruiting shortcomings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn does an outstanding recruiting job, but there is one area of recruiting that is sorely lacking -Having names of players on the roster that would enable the creation of great acronyms. We need starters whose names begin with a vowel. In the good old days, we had the TAASK force. The only vowel person on the current team is Lauren Engeln, and although her name starts with E, the rest of her name looks like it could include another vowel. KML is zero for three.

Hopes for a good selection of vowels in next years recruits have also been dashed with MJ, BS, and MT coming in. No help at all. And the top 15 girls in the class of 2013, there is one E, that's it.

Even the coaches don't help. Only Geno generates a vowel. I say that was intentional on his part, assuring that he would be included in any potential acronym.

Reaction Score
I dunno, I think of the incoming group as the BreMoMotm class.

JS

Reaction Score
there is one area of recruiting that is sorely lacking -Having names of players on the roster that would enable the creation of great acronyms. We need starters whose names begin with a vowel.
Hmmm. Maybe UConn should go after #19 Sydney Umeri. Then the class might be something like DeShields, Umeri, McCall . . .

Well, scratch that one.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I dunno, I think of the incoming group as the BreMoMotm class.

Since you went through the trouble of trademarking the "BreMoMo moniker...I might suggest that your efforts might have been better spent trademarking the moniker "MoMoBre"... I'm just sayin'

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Maybe UConn should go after #19 Sydney Umeri. Then the class might be something like DeShields, Umeri, McCall . . .

Well, scratch that one.
Keep up the comments like that and your name will be MUD around here.

JS

Reaction Score
Keep up the comments like that and your name will be MUD around here.
Uh. Doesn't work so well that way either.

Guess UConn has to recruit somebody else.

Probably not #23 Lindsay Allen. DAM . . . MAD?

A bit too chippy one would suppose.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In the good old days, we had the TAASK force.
Actually the TASSK force. Tamika, Ashja, Sue, Swin, Kirsten.

So only one vowel even then.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If shortcomings in recruiting is a problem for UConn I suggest they simply recruit players 6'1" and taller. Problem solved. But I really didn't think that shortcomings was our problem anymore with Heather, Stef, Kiah, Michala, Morgan, and Breanna.

Reaction Score
If there was even the slightest doubt about Boneyarders having too much time on their hands during the off-season, this thread eliminates it completely.

And yet you had time to respond. :p

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Well, scratch that one.

Duke University Marching Band? :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
And yet you had time to respond. :p

Just goes to show that I have excessive time on my hands.

Since baseball season is underway (Red Sox already in mid-season form), perhaps a long thread about the infield fly rule might catch fire.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As long as it isn't late season form.

Reaction Score

Since baseball season is underway (Red Sox already in mid-season form), perhaps a long thread about the infield fly rule might catch fire.
LETS GO METS

Reaction Score

What kind of insect repellent does the rule book say is legal to prevent them?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Any non-flamable one. Otherwise, they might catch fire.

Reaction Score
Uconn does an outstanding recruiting job, but there is one area of recruiting that is sorely lacking -Having names of players on the roster that would enable the creation of great acronyms. We need starters whose names begin with a vowel. In the good old days, we had the TAASK force. The only vowel person on the current team is Lauren Engeln, and although her name starts with E, the rest of her name looks like it could include another vowel. KML is zero for three.

Hopes for a good selection of vowels in next years recruits have also been dashed with MJ, BS, and MT coming in. No help at all. And the top 15 girls in the class of 2013, there is one E, that's it.

Even the coaches don't help. Only Geno generates a vowel. I say that was intentional on his part, assuring that he would be included in any potential acronym.

I beg to differ. What about the Killer B's? B Banks, B Hartly, B Stewart, and you can throw in Heather B if you want to.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I beg to differ. What about the Killer B's? B Banks, B Hartly, B Stewart, and you can throw in Heather B if you want to.

Not sure any young lady wants to be called a "B"

Reaction Score

Why do we waste our time on such nonsense?
What we really need to concentrate on is recruiting kids with the best pony tails.:)

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

Now, there's a real intellectual challenge!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I just had a better idea: a (baseball season, folks) thread about the "appeal play."

To refresh your memories, here's how it works:

Man on third, two outs. Batter hits a fly ball to the outfield. Third base umpire has nothing in the world to do except watch to see if the baserunner keeps a foot on the bag until the ball is caught.

Runner breaks for home and scores. Umpires do nothing.

Then the third baseman calls for the ball. Catcher tosses it to him. Third baseman catches the ball and stomps on third base. Umpire dramatically gives the "OUT!" signal. Run doesnt count. Side retired. Defensive team leaves the field and heads for the dugout. Other team's manager and several players stream on to the field to protest. The whole charade takes about 15 minutes.

Somebody explain why the third base umpire is not required to, um, umpire! and make a signal to indicate that the runner tagged up properly or not. Make the call right then, from a vantage point of about 4 feet away, unobstructed view.

I think this is nuts. Some keen mind please explain the logic in the "appeal play."

Reaction Score
No logic to it at all Kib.

How about this one? Why is a catcher allowed to block the plate to prevent a runner from scoring? This is not allowed for any other base. It has caused untold serious and minor injuries over the years. Isn't Baseball supposed to be a non-contact sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom