UConn recruit Javonte Brown-Ferguson is a Canadian big man and all-around sports fan | The Boneyard

UConn recruit Javonte Brown-Ferguson is a Canadian big man and all-around sports fan

Reaction Score
Article in the New Haven Register. Someone else on here had posted how to get around the paywall.

“I think what they’re missing is a guy with his size and length that can really finish around the basket,” James said. “I think having Javonte and the top-40 kid that’s signed there (Andre Jackson), two young guys that can step in and play right away, will help them with the style of play that Coach Hurley has implemented. Javonte is excited, he can’t wait.”

Reaction Score
I don’t think you redshirt if he’s competing in practice. Obviously if he isn’t ready he won’t but we shouldn’t go into our re entry season a man down day 1 especially since Polley is a huge question mark. I would love it to have front court depth with him out there and really our lineup would be crazy.
1. RJ, Gaffney
2. Bouk, BA
3. Andre, Sid ¿Polley?
4. Akok, Whaley ¿Cliff?
5. Carlton, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Spring

I just feel having the depth would be great, (would’ve won us the Xavier game) in terms of fouling and fresh legs, which would reduce injury

Reaction Score
We need another Center. He is going to help tremendously!
I doubt he'll be the answer but right now I'll take any big capable of competing for Josh's minutes. In that way pushing Josh to further excel. Whalley is no threat. Akok with added muscle and weight would also be a good option.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's ready to come in and contribute right away - at least judging from his last video.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Cliff (please!) and Springs and redshirting Javonte.

Will Javonte enter the game with five fouls to give? If he does he can help.

Reaction Score
Will Javonte enter the game with five fouls to give? If he does he can help.
I don't think our offense can afford to have a hole at the 5 spot at any point of the game. We'll likely not have Tyler for at least half the year and no Vital.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
at worse he gives UConn five fouls and some more size until he gets it

Reaction Score
I don't think our offense can afford to have a hole at the 5 spot at any point of the game. We'll likely not have Tyler for at least half the year and no Vital.
Why will Tyler be out so long? AJ Price tore his ACL in March during the NCAA Tournament and he was ready to go the following season without missing any games.

Reaction Score
Why will Tyler be out so long? AJ Price tore his ACL in March during the NCAA Tournament and he was ready to go the following season without missing any games.
Depends on the tear itself but it can take anywhere from 6 to 9 months or even a year. It's the surgury, rehab and then the mental conditioning that comes along with it.

Reaction Score
+ polley is 6-9. Lots of force and torque on that knee

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Starting line up of Springs, Akok, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Cliff, and Seth Towns. We'll lead the NCAA in rebounding and 3 pt misses. Winning combination
Since we won't be able to get the ball past half court all our 3's will be from WAYY beyond the NBA line!!

Reaction Score
Starting line up of Springs, Akok, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Cliff, and Seth Towns. We'll lead the NCAA in rebounding and 3 pt misses. Winning combination
Convincing Cliff he's a pg may give us an advantage over his other choices.

Reaction Score
This team will be in dire need of a Grad Transfer of some sort who can either contribute on the blocks or can shoot the crap out of the ball. Or we may be working on our 5th consecutive....well let's just say the Big East will be a rough one. A big PG/Combo who can make shots would be preferred.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom