UConn recruit eliminates Baylor from list because... | The Boneyard

UConn recruit eliminates Baylor from list because...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
... the school colors are too ugly for him. I'd be more amazed with that rationale if I didn't have 2 teenaged sons.

"Coach Scott Drew is a great guy. I love Coach Drew. They were one of the first schools that were recruiting me. But I didn't like that they were an adidas team, but that's not to say I wouldn't go to Kansas because Kansas is a great team. I can look over the adidas thing — I own some adidas stuff. [Goodwin played recent summers with the Arkansas Wings Elite team, which is sponsored by Nike] I didn't like their colors, either. I don't like green and gold. That's ugly …. When you got ugly colors like that, you gotta be Nike. …. Baylor has some ugly shoes, too."

Elite recruit eliminates Baylor because he doesn’t like its colors

Reaction Score
just wow.

im sure that kids have those thoughts to themselves....but to say that in an interview is just dumb....imo. not to mention that its an insane reason to not go to a school :confused:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
just wow.

im sure that kids have those thoughts to themselves....but to say that in an interview is just dumb....imo. not to mention that its an insane reason to not go to a school :confused:
I think the real point was the Nike vs adidas emphasis, the colors were a throw away line.let's face it, Kansas, UConn and .... Baylor? I can see why he really eliminated them.

Reaction Score
With our top notch color scheme, I would have think we're the front runner...

Reaction Score
So why was UConn the only school not in bold with a link? dah dah dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Conspiracy?

Reaction Score
what do you expect to come out of a 17 year old kids mouth? just a kid being a kid.

Reaction Score
Blue and white blue and white alright you know what it is blue and white blue and white

Reaction Score
20 years ago some of my friends were picking schools to play football in by stadium size and how cool the uniforms looked...only difference is now that stuff gets communicated to all who want to hear it. Not sure that the questionable thought process of all 18 year old kids has changed all that much, we just hear about it more often.

I actually like the fact that the cat didn't make up some other crap about Baylor, I'm not sure I mind if kids are kids rather than seasoned media pro's. Of course I say that shaking my head in disbelief.

Reaction Score
20 years ago some of my friends were picking schools to play football in by stadium size and how cool the uniforms looked...only difference is now that stuff gets communicated to all who want to hear it. Not sure that the questionable thought process of all 18 year old kids has changed all that much, we just hear about it more often.

Now they just play for whoever pays the most.

Reaction Score
I thought it was about education and getting a degree. I mean they are "student athletes", right????????????

LOL.

Reaction Score
... the school colors are too ugly for him. I'd be more amazed with that rationale if I didn't have 2 teenaged sons.

"Coach Scott Drew is a great guy. I love Coach Drew. They were one of the first schools that were recruiting me. But I didn't like that they were an adidas team, but that's not to say I wouldn't go to Kansas because Kansas is a great team. I can look over the adidas thing — I own some adidas stuff. [Goodwin played recent summers with the Arkansas Wings Elite team, which is sponsored by Nike] I didn't like their colors, either. I don't like green and gold. That's ugly …. When you got ugly colors like that, you gotta be Nike. …. Baylor has some ugly shoes, too."

Elite recruit eliminates Baylor because he doesn’t like its colors
A recruit talking fashion.... maybe he is a little light in his nikes if you catch the meaning... nothing wrong with it if he is.... but just a random for him to make that comment

Reaction Score
Archie Goodwin

Can everyone please stop saying I dropped Baylor because of their colors that is no where near true. If you believe that you don't know

Reaction Score
It's not like he listed that as the sole reason he wasn't picking Baylor. If I was in a position where I had offers from multiple schools, I'd think long and hard about a school that had say, hot pink and orange uniforms, or something like those pink uniforms I saw in a women's college bball game. He's not turning down a great scholarship offer to an Ivy league or blueblood program to go play Div. II ball or anything. When you have good options, you can be picky.

Reaction Score
Yea, and Baylor was also his worst option, save maybe Arkansas, who is his home town team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom