UConn receives National Letters of Intent from Donovan Clingan and Alex Karaban | The Boneyard

UConn receives National Letters of Intent from Donovan Clingan and Alex Karaban

Reaction Score
"We are very excited to announce the addition of Donovan to the UConn basketball family," Hurley said. "With his size, his ability to pass, and his shooting touch around the basket and on the perimeter, he should have an immediate impact on our frontcourt at both ends of the court.

"Donovan's work ethic and team-first attitude fits in perfectly with the championship culture we are establishing. He has had an outstanding scholastic career under Coach (Tim) Barrette at Bristol Central and on the AAU circuit under Coach (Joe) Chatman with Team Spartans."

"As with Donovan, we are thrilled to welcome Alex to UConn," Hurley said. "He has every attribute that we are looking for in our student-athletes – he's tough, hard-working, skilled and all about improving and winning. He's the kind of player who is always in the gym. He has been outstanding at the scholastic level at New Hampton under Coach (Andrew) Gale and now at IMG Academy under Coach (Chad) Meyers and under Coach (Todd) Quarles with his Expressions Elite AAU team."

Reaction Score
Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to UConn Nation:
Donovan Clingan and Alex Karaban
BLEED BLUE!

Excited Ncaa Basketball GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Reaction Score
oh man! If Sanogo comes back our frontline is going to be insane! Sannogo will make Clingan a better player from day one. Yeah i know im getting way ahead of myself.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see these two kids fit in next year
I have high doubts about Sanogo returning next year
These two guys, a sophomore Hawkins and the possibility of some others playing a 5th year is insane

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see these two kids fit in next year
I have high doubts about Sanogo returning next year
These two guys, a sophomore Hawkins and the possibility of some others playing a 5th year is insanel
Lets hold our horses before we crown Sanogo a NBA Lottery Pick. Although I do feel he will improve this year we only played CCSU last night. I have high hopes though once Big East play starts!

Reaction Score
Lets hold our horses before we crown Sanogo a NBA Lottery Pick. Although I do feel he will improve this year we only played CCSU last night. I have high hopes though once Big East play starts!

He didn't say he'd be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
If Sanogo wants to leave UConn after 2 years to play in Europe, so be it. He has every right to. But no matter how good he becomes as a low post scorer this year — and he may be great though his game against a physically overmatched Central squad isn’t much indication — I don’t see how his size and skill set translates to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Would UConn have been 2nd if Floyd had stayed in the 2022 class?

Reaction Score
If Sanogo wants to leave UConn after 2 years to play in Europe, so be it. He has every right to. But no matter how good he becomes as a low post scorer this year — and he may be great though his game against a physically overmatched Central squad isn’t much indication — I don’t see how his size and skill set translates to the NBA.
As I have said before, the 3 point shot is ruining basketball although it is remarkable how well some of these guys can shoot. When was the last time anyone has seen a play run for a big other than a pick and roll? Is there a team in the NBA that bothers to offensive rebound? Hoist up a 3, rebound, run it up court for a drive, draw and dish. If that does not work, run a pick and roll. That’s the NBA today.

Reaction Score
As I have said before, the 3 point shot is ruining basketball although it is remarkable how well some of these guys can shoot. When was the last time anyone has seen a play run for a big other than a pick and roll? Is there a team in the NBA that bothers to offensive rebound? Hoist up a 3, rebound, run it up court for a drive, draw and dish. If that does not work, run a pick and roll. That’s the NBA today.
Precisely why I don't care about the NBA - it's painful to watch.

Reaction Score
Need to have one sharp knife to sharpen another! Now all the knives are almost sharpened! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom