UConn reaction to bracket, etc | The Boneyard

UConn reaction to bracket, etc

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
like I said, UConn has to go undefeated.

If we would have beaten Louisville, then we would have the overall #2 easily. We have enough in the OOC so we control our fate.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
like I said, UConn has to go undefeated.

No, UConn doesn't have to go undefeated.

The problem was that aside from the Notre Dame win, UConn had very little for the resume to fall back on. SC, DePaul, Cal and 3 wins over a bubble team isn't much support. It's certainly debatable whether MSU's resume was better, but they did have 7 wins over single-digit seeds, compared to UConn's 4.

Even with the 3 marquee matchups, UConn's nonconference SOS was down this year:

UConn's NC SOS rank:
2014: 13
2015: 6
2016: 1
2017: 1
2018: 1
2019: 31

Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter. Louisville would have been the 2 seed in Albany if UConn was the one. The NCAA takes into consideration of the health of players as well, and with KLS being a question mark, they chose Louisville to be number 1. Not a big surprise at all. None of it makes a difference. If UConn comes to play they will win the region. If they played scared and weak, then they will lose, no matter who they play.

Reaction Score
Blessing in disguise. They should feel disrespected by not getting a one seed and then for getting barely any discussion on ESPN for three hours. I’m glad. This time of year we treat it like a business trip and show everyone UConn is still relevant.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno sound a little steamed? He said this a week or so ago. Probably is tired of the “UConn gets all the breaks comments”

“People don’t know this, but we play with a little chip on our shoulders too, it just doesn't show. Yeah people think we get breaks. We earn our breaks. We win every goshdarn game and then we go where we’re supposed to go. That’s what the rule says. The No. 1 seed in the country goes someplace close. Someplace close is either Bridgeport or Albany. When it was in Trenton, we went to Trenton. When it was in Dayton, we went to Dayton. How far east you gotta go? I don’t care if they put it in the friggin Middle East. We’ll go there and we’ll still win,” Auriemma continued.

Women’s Basketball: Huskies No. 2 seed in NCAA tournament

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding SOS, Andy Landers noted that teams won't play UConn.

In other years, this list of opponents might have been solid. It shows the problem of scheduling too far into the future:

Vanderbilt

St. Johns

Purdue

DePaul

Oklahoma

California

South Carolina

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno sound a little steamed?

“People don’t know this, but we play with a little chip on our shoulders too, it just doesn't show. Yeah people think we get breaks. We earn our breaks. We win every goshdarn game and then we go where we’re supposed to go. That’s what the rule says. The No. 1 seed in the country goes someplace close. Someplace close is either Bridgeport or Albany. When it was in Trenton, we went to Trenton. When it was in Dayton, we went to Dayton. How far east you gotta go? I don’t care if they put it in the friggin Middle East. We’ll go there and we’ll still win,” Auriemma continued.

Women’s Basketball: Huskies No. 2 seed in NCAA tournament
Though that article is dated today, that quote came from an interview a few days ago. When we were still a 1-seed.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
NCAA seems to look more ridiculous all the time. They set the bar low and keep dropping it.
Thankfully, this might be the last year of this current method (they do have a method right?) next year, they will follow the Men and use NET which seems to have nailed it for them. Now if the non-articulate women is still leading the committee well all bets may have to be off!

Reaction Score
The fact is, like I've been saying all year, no one is impressed with our resume. I also said it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped to a #2 even if we won out post-Louisville. We have 2 wins over top 4 seeds, that's it.

That said, this is a brutal draw, having to go through familiar foes Rutgers and Maryland -- if not Tennessee -- just to make it to an Elite 8 game against Louisville. Meanwhile, Notre Dame is gifted with a rose-petal-strewn path to the Final Four.

At least the committee chair was honest about punishing us for our conference. Better than everyone else beating around the bush.

Reaction Score
Blessing in disguise. They should feel disrespected by not getting a one seed and then for getting barely any discussion on ESPN for three hours. I’m glad. This time of year we treat it like a business trip and show everyone UConn is still relevant.

I hope these kids have the capacity to have a chip on their shoulder and play with some fire and moxie.

Last year's bunch shrunk from the "no prisoners" attitude they should have had coming off of the MSU debacle.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
From Lou's instagram story (and re-posted by Napheesa)
1552963157979.png

Reaction Score

The problem was that aside from the Notre Dame win, UConn had very little for the resume to fall back on. SC, DePaul, Cal and 3 wins over a bubble team isn't much support. It's certainly debatable whether MSU's resume was better, but they did have 7 wins over single-digit seeds, compared to UConn's 4.

UConn's NC SOS rank:

Mostly due to the fall of the teams you named along with USF's injuries. That's six more games against usually ranked teams. It also didn't help that the 3 toughest games were on the road. Should be a great home schedule next year as all three plus Tennessee are coming.

Reaction Score

UConn's NC SOS rank:
We know the drill. Bad league, no competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom