UConn reaction to bracket, etc | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn reaction to bracket, etc

Reaction Score
I have had the feeling all season that Notre Dame was not going to make the Final Four!
I feel that last year was a perfect storm with all the injuries and Shepard being allowed to play right away!
It's a whole different set-up with a full lineup. And ND's defense is a bad flaw in their armor!
UCONN will destroy either Rutgers or Buffalo, they will beat either MD or UCLA, and UCONN can beat either L'ville or Oregon St. They will most likely face Stanford in the FF Semi-final, but even if ND does make it UCONN will survive them and win, and then face Baylor, Miss. St., Oregon, or Iowa (my surprise team) and defeat any of those 4 for the Championship!
The committee pi--ed off the wrong team heading into the Tournament!
I maybe wrong but then again..................................

Reaction Score
Stop bemoaning the #2 seed. The best draw for UConn for a while has been Louisville as their elite 8 opponent... doesn't matter who is 1 and who is 2.. it's still in Albany.... as for Rutgers, Maryland, TN, etc, if we can't beat them, then we don't deserve anything anyhow... the tough part is ND in the Final Four. They are probably the best team overall, and it will be hard to beat them a second time...

Reaction Score
I love the NCAA for one reason...… they put TENN in the UCONN bracket. I just wish they would have made them a 15 seed. Now I just have to root for TENN to win two games. :D:);):cool::p

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Regarding SOS, Andy Landers noted that teams won't play UConn.

In other years, this list of opponents might have been solid. It shows the problem of scheduling too far into the future:

Vanderbilt

St. Johns

Purdue

DePaul

Oklahoma

California

South Carolina
Plus Ohio State, two-time B10 champ.

Reaction Score
id rather have louisville/maryland/ore st/tennessee/buffalo/rutgers than notre dame or baylor or miss st/baylor
as long as KLS is ready by sunday, i am confident/comfortable with our chances.

Reaction Score
Our Uconn team is imperfect, but still really great. One thing they seem to lack is a driving emotion. They got it now. More and more, I like our chances. With Katie Lou and Napheesa, plus two number one recruits in the supporting cast, with the development of Olivia as a presence inside, this is shaping up nice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter. Louisville would have been the 2 seed in Albany if UConn was the one. The NCAA takes into consideration of the health of players as well, and with KLS being a question mark, they chose Louisville to be number 1. Not a big surprise at all. None of it makes a difference. If UConn comes to play they will win the region. If they played scared and weak, then they will lose, no matter who they play.
This question of a team’s “health” acknowledged by the Committee Chairperson last night is a good example of talking out of both sides of your mouth by the Selection Committee.

On the one hand, UConn, who wins their conference tournament convincingly, gets knocked down because Lou is injured. Yet, Louisville remains a #1 seed, while losing their conference tournament, with both Sam Feurich and Erica Carter injured. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This question of a team’s “health” acknowledged by the Committee Chairperson last night is a good example of talking out of both sides of your mouth by the Selection Committee.

On the one hand, UConn, who wins their conference tournament convincingly, gets knocked down because Lou is injured. Yet, Louisville remains a #1 seed, while losing their conference tournament, with both Sam Feurich and Erica Carter injured. :confused:
Worse yet... they use the idea that Lou "MIGHT" be injured...not that she will still be out come NCAA T time....but ignore the Louisville injuries?? :confused::confused: The made up excuses by "The Committee" for their decision on UCONN ... AND...Tenn, were WEAK at best, contrived. :mad: In TENN's case it was likely to keep the 38 year run in the tournament alive... in UCONN's case it was most likely to "punish" them for playing in the AAC...as if they have a choice... even though their SOS is better than MSST. :rolleyes:
UCONN & MSST both have 2 losses...(UCONN 2 to high ranked teams on the road, MSST to 1 high ranked team on the road, and 1 unranked team at home)...and ND and Louisville both have 3 losses (ND to UCONN!!! and 2 teams they "should have beaten" despite Jackie Young being out of only 1 of them... Louisville twice to ND convincingly, 1 to unranked (at the time) Miami). As we all know...UCONN beat ND convincingly at their place and losses to now #1 Baylor and high ranked Louisville. UCONN has been #2 in BOTH polls for the past 3 (?) weeks and on the top line of the last 2 (at least) "Committee's Reveals.":confused::confused: Is it the Debbie Antonelli effect?:rolleyes: Is it UCONN "fatigue" :confused:... it doesn't matter, the Committee made this decision ... one they will never be able to fully explain and defend without contradicting arguments they use for their decisions in other parts of the bracket... :rolleyes::confused:

NO MATTER... this is just one more motivator...and a big one... for the Huskies to "show them" what our team is made of.

in the words of Mr. T... "I pitty the fools" who get in their way!!!

GO UCONN!!! :D

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I love the NCAA for one reason...… they put TENN in the UCONN bracket. I just wish they would have made them a 15 seed. Now I just have to root for TENN to win two games. :D:);):cool::p

Unlikely

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As always the committee pays lots of attention to mediocre wins. And little attention to mediocre losses. For a #1 seed to lose to anyone outside the top 8 teams is a very bad loss, and for a #1 seed to win against anyone outside the #1 seeds and #2 seeds is a meaningless win.

If top five losses were so important to Uconn, they should have forced Louisville to the 2 seed line as well.

In the end I don't think it matters. 1 or 2 seed in Albany is really the same, and we are not scheduled to face both MsSt and BAylor before the championship game. And TN is in our bracket, though I doubt they reach us.

Syracuse sort of got screwed - could easilly have been the 3 seed in Albany.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom