UConn RB Donevin O’Reilly out for season with torn ACL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn RB Donevin O’Reilly out for season with torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Solid player. What did players think of diaco? I got the sense that they really liked and believed in him despite how bad of a coach he was

I have a friend in coaching and we have a mutual friend who played under Diaco - He told my buddy and I that they thought he was a joke.

Reaction Score
Solid player. What did players think of diaco? I got the sense that they really liked and believed in him despite how bad of a coach he was

This is not accurate. Most thought he was a great recruiter but they quickly lost respect for him once it became apparent he didn’t know what he was doing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I really don’t want to speak for him but I will say this

he was never told his role was limited to short yardage not once .. he was told he was competing for an every down back type role. He had been competing for number 1 back since spring as you guys probably know . There was never ANY discussion of his role other than being a starting back .

About 17 people care that he left at all... so why would Edsall frame it incorrectly which would impact his relationship with the remaining players?

He was dead and buried on the depth chart last year. Good luck at Rice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is not accurate. Most thought he was a great recruiter but they quickly lost respect for him once it became apparent he didn’t know what he was doing.

Why did his recruiting classes suck so bad then?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had no other options.

Not that offers matter.

Ah so those particular players thought he was a good recruiter but the players with options weren’t blown away with his prowess.

Reaction Score
Ah so those particular players thought he was a good recruiter but the players with options weren’t blown away with his prowess.

Nobody ever said he was a good evaluator of talent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody ever said he was a good evaluator of talent.

He wasn’t but if you go back and look at who he offered... he offered every good player on the east coast he just didn’t land ANY of them.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t but if you go back and look at who he offered... he offered every good player on the east coast he just didn’t land ANY of them.

He just had more juice when he had the ND polo on...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He just had more juice when he had the ND polo on...

It’s so odd thinking back to that team and trying to figure out how they had any success with him.

But then I think about him sitting at the T’eo press conference lying like a fool to a national audience and enjoy watching his ongoing embarrassments.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It’s so odd thinking back to that team and trying to figure out how they had any success with him.

But then I think about him sitting at the T’eo press conference lying like a fool to a national audience and enjoy watching his ongoing embarrassments.

He probably didn’t have much power. Brian Kelly is calling the shots on D there

Reaction Score
I really don’t want to speak for him but I will say this

he was never told his role was limited to short yardage not once .. he was told he was competing for an every down back type role. He had been competing for number 1 back since spring as you guys probably know . There was never ANY discussion of his role other than being a starting back .

Frankly, it almost seems Edsall was giving him a break by making it sound more like it was Hopkins' desire for a different role that lead him to transfer rather than deciding to transfer because several other running backs were deemed better and he was now a couple steps down on the depth chart.

C

Chief00

There's Mensah, Scott, Black, Gillespie and now Banton. I think we'll see Mensah and Scott most of the time. Physically, Black looks more poised to step in as the 3rd back. Gillespie is very skilled but he needs to put on weight.

Yeah - I think, when used, Gillespie will be a screen type back, until he gets bigger and stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom