UConn RB Donevin O’Reilly out for season with torn ACL | The Boneyard

UConn RB Donevin O’Reilly out for season with torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What was once a deep position is a little thin at this point. Has Nate Hopkins submitted his transfer paperwork yet? He'll have to work his way out of the dog house, but his prospective role may have just increased.

Reaction Score
What was once a deep position is a little thin at this point. Has Nate Hopkins submitted his transfer paperwork yet? He'll have to work his way out of the dog house, but his prospective role may have just increased.
At least we can say he can have even a bigger role might need him more now than ever

Husky25

Reaction Score
At least we can say he can have even a bigger role might need him more now than ever
No need to primp it up more than it is. 5 RBs is deep. 4 is adequate. 3 is undesirable, at best.

Reaction Score

Don’t want him. Can’t rely on guys like that. You quit? Good get out.

Reaction Score
Want =/= need. I'm not mad at a guy leaving because he wants to see the field more depending on how he handles those conversations with the coach. And there's definitely a right way and a wrong way to do that.

If he's not gone, and handled those conversations the right way, I'd let him stay. I understand your take, but desperate times...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Typically I'd agree. This is a situation were the 4 game redshirt helps UConn immeasurably. Would love to see an off-the-radar kid step up, Easley style.

Reaction Score

>>“Talk about a young man who has embraced what he’s been told and what he needs to do,” Edsall said on Aug. 6. “I just wish everybody — you know, we’ve got a lot of guys like that. And to develop into the type of leader he is … he’s a guy there that you know team is important to him, and he’s a great example for all these other guys.”<<

Reaction Score
Typically I'd agree. This is a situation were the 4 game redshirt helps UConn immeasurably. Would love to see an off-the-radar kid step up, Easley style.
If a red shirt steps up will UConn take the gamble and play them more than four games.

Reaction Score
Want =/= need. I'm not mad at a guy leaving because he wants to see the field more depending on how he handles those conversations with the coach. And there's definitely a right way and a wrong way to do that.

If he's not gone, and handled those conversations the right way, I'd let him stay. I understand your take, but desperate times...

We have Mensah, Scott, Black, and the freshman WO they just moved from LB? Hopkins would go to the back of that line. I’d rather cleanse the program of these types of kids rather than keep them around out of desperation. That almost never works out.

Reaction Score
If a red shirt steps up will UConn take the gamble and play them more than four games.

I don't even understand the question. If a true frosh TB gets his 4 game try out and is materially helping the team, of course he will keep playing. Edsall has never been afraid to take redshirts off frosh when they can help.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know my Buss to RB campaign is stale but we’ve now lost two RBs! I suspect we see a lot of screens and sweeps.

Reaction Score
We have Mensah, Scott, Black, and the freshman WO they just moved from LB? Hopkins would go to the back of that line. I’d rather cleanse the program of these types of kids rather than keep them around out of desperation. That almost never works out.
It speaks volumes to me that he backed down from a former walk-on that took his reps. We don't need guys with that mentality.

Reaction Score
There's Mensah, Scott, Black, Gillespie and now Banton. I think we'll see Mensah and Scott most of the time. Physically, Black looks more poised to step in as the 3rd back. Gillespie is very skilled but he needs to put on weight.

Reaction Score
There's Mensah, Scott, Black, Gillespie and now Banton. I think we'll see Mensah and Scott most of the time. Physically, Black looks more poised to step in as the 3rd back. Gillespie is very skilled but he needs to put on weight.

Yeah, I’m not welcoming back Hopkins at this point. His talent is not a game changer.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not welcoming back Hopkins at this point. His talent is not a game changer.
We really don't need him. If someone else gets hurt then we're screwed but it's not like we're competing for a conference championship or anything. Building culture is more important than another 400 rushing yards and 4-5 touchdowns

Reaction Score
We really don't need him. If someone else gets hurt then we're screwed but it's not like we're competing for a conference championship or anything. Building culture is more important than another 400 rushing yards and 4-5 touchdowns

This is where I’m at with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek