UConn projected to win less games than Central | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn projected to win less games than Central

Reaction Score
Incrementally better than last year still leaves us as. pretty darn bad.

What argument are you trying to make August? Since you call everyone else out on their arguments, I will hold you to the same standard.

He doesn't know how to answer questions asked of him, he just tries to be the one asking the questions, all the time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Incrementally better than last year still leaves us as. pretty darn bad.

What argument are you trying to make August? Since you call everyone else out on their arguments, I will hold you to the same standard.

Im arguing that we have a young coach and a young team that deserve our support and that things arent as bad as haters like you and Niels make them. Im arguing that coaches that you use as a measuring stick against Ollie are given time to build their programs.

Its really not that hard to understand for people who arent obtuse disingenuous hedgers.

Im arguing that at minumum Ollie deserves the full season before calling for his head. I wouldnt and wont call anybody out for it at the end of the year if it is as bad as you think it will be.

Reaction Score
No it doesnt. I do believe we are incrementally better than last year. I dont think we are in any way shape form a title contender. Its a marathon, not a sprint. You must be a millennial. Amirite?
A title contender, what's the point of throwing around nonsensical statements like this? The question is, are we a contender to make the torunament?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A title contender, what's the point of throwing around nonsensical statements like this? The question is, are we a contender to make the torunament?

If I say yes, and you say no neither of us would be right. Dont you get that? We dont know yet.

Reaction Score
Im arguing that we have a young coach and a young team that deserve our support and that things arent as bad as haters like you and Niels make them. Im arguing that coaches that you use as a measuring stick against Ollie are given time to build their programs.

Its really not that hard to understand for people who arent obtuse disingenuous hedgers.

WEAK.

So you don't really have an argument, other than "lets wait and see". Which is fine, but you don't make any other valid points so I don't get why you keep calling everyone else out.

"Haters like you". Recognizing the obvious isn't hating. It's being realistic.

Can we still have a good season? Sure, I think its definitely possible. But do I expect it to happen? Not really at this point given whats happened the past few years. Can you really point to any reason to expect any differently?

Comparing KO to JC is unfair. I agree. But his resume the last 4 years cant even stack up against Ed Cooley so I don't know what you are trying to say.

Again, KO didn't have to build UConn, so its much worse to compare him to coaches who had to build their programs. Your argument is that he needs time because they did. Well they were building something up not inheriting a national power (and running it into the ground).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
W Colgate Gampel Pavilion 11/10 7 p.m. SNY
W Stony Brook XL Center 11/14 7 p.m. SNY
W Boston University XL Center 11/19 6 p.m. SNY
W Oregon Portland, OR 11/23 9 p.m. ESPN U
L Michigan State/DePaul Portland, OR 11/24 9:30 p.m./12 a.m. TBD
L PK80 Day 3 Portland, OR 11/25 TBD TBD
W Columbia Gampel Pavilion 11/29 7 p.m. SNY
W Monmouth XL Center 12/2 4 p.m. SNY

W Syracuse New York, NY 12/5 9 p.m. ESPN
W Coppin State Gampel Pavilion 12/9 TBA ESPN 2/ESPN U
L Arizona Tuscon, AZ 12/21 TBA TBD
W Auburn Auburn, AL 12/23 2:30 p.m. ESPN 2
L Wichita State XL Center 12/30 12 p.m. CBS
W Tulsa Tulsa, OK 1/3 7 p.m. ESPNews
W East Carolina XL Center 1/6 12 p.m. ESPNews
W UCF Gampel Pavilion 1/10 7 p.m. CBS Sports
W Tulane New Orleans, LA 1/13 1 p.m. ESPNews
W/L Memphis Memphis, TN 1/16 9 p.m. CBS Sports
L Villanova XL Center 1/20 12 p.m. CBS
W SMU Gampel Pavilion 1/25 7 p.m. CBS Sports
L Temple Philadelphia, PA 1/28 8 p.m. ESPN 2
L UCF Orlando, FL 1/31 9 p.m. CBS Sports
W Cincinnati Gampel Pavilion 2/3 12 p.m. ESPN/ESPN 2
W USF Gampel Pavilion 2/7 7 p.m. ESPN U
L Wichita State Wichita, KS 2/10 TBA TBA
W Tulsa XL Center 2/15 7 p.m. ESPN U
W East Carolina Greenville, NC 2/18 3 p.m. ESPNews
L Cincinnati Highland Heights, KY 2/22 7 p.m. ESPN/ESPN 2
W Memphis Gampel Pavilion 2/25 2 p.m./4 p.m. ESPN/ESPN U
W Temple Gampel Pavilion 2/28 7 p.m. CBS Sports
W Houston Houston, TX 3/4 4 p.m. CBS Sports

I'm counting between 22-23 wins. That Memphis road game is a toss-up. My pre-season projection was 23-24. I think our upside is two more wins. Downside about 3 more losses.
God bless you and your optimism. I’d be surprised if we win 19, much less 23.

Reaction Score
If I say yes, and you say no neither of us would be right. Dont you get that? We dont know yet.

You are ripping on people who are reacting to actual results that are happening.

BUT at the same time your entire position is based on something you admit to not knowing (and have no evidence to support other than hope/faith).

So in other words, ignore what is happening now in reality, but act as if an unknown future outcome will/might be positive?

That is your argument?

Reaction Score

Im arguing that at minumum Ollie deserves the full season before calling for his head. I wouldnt and wont call anybody out for it at the end of the year if it is as bad as you think it will be.

So basically you're arguing that people shouldn't be so mean to Ollie 'cuz he's a nice guy?! Lmao.

* The team being perpetually young is Ollie's fault. It's his job to build the program and bring the players in.

* The coaches being mentioned as measuring sticks for Ollie actually did have to build their programs. Ollie inherited a program, and the cupboard wasn't exactly bare.

* Kevin Ollie's age isn't really relevant here and did not bear mentioning.

* Nobody has, as of yet, been arguing for Ollie to be fired today. The "haters" just put their pompoms down and took their skirts off and are being realistic.

* You clearly have no idea what hedging is.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
This team won’t win 16
Odd. I have us as winning 25 straight and going 29-2 heading into the AAC tourney. The 2 losses and close victories were tactical to get teams to lower their guard against us. Brilliant coaching. I just wish all of you could see that. :D

Reaction Score
We play a substantially tougher schedule. This is nothing short of meaningless

Reaction Score
I'm counting between 22-23 wins. That Memphis road game is a toss-up. My pre-season projection was 23-24. I think our upside is two more wins. Downside about 3 more losses.

I'm probably on the lower side of this range 20-21 wins. But I think 23 or 24 is peak. It all hinges on the team putting the pieces together over the coming month and scoring some meaningful OOC wins, but I think they will personally.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So basically you're arguing that people shouldn't be so mean to Ollie 'cuz he's a nice guy?! Lmao.

* The team being perpetually young is Ollie's fault. It's his job to build the program and bring the players in.

* The coaches being mentioned as measuring sticks for Ollie actually did have to build their programs. Ollie inherited a program, and the cupboard wasn't exactly bare.

* Kevin Ollie's age isn't really relevant here and did not bear mentioning.

* Nobody has, as of yet, been arguing for Ollie to be fired today. The "haters" just put their pompoms down and took their skirts off and are being realistic.

* You clearly have no idea what hedging is.
Nice guy?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You are ripping on people who are reacting to actual results that are happening.

BUT at the same time your entire position is based on something you admit to not knowing (and have no evidence to support other than hope/faith).

So in other words, ignore what is happening now in reality, but act as if an unknown future outcome will/might be positive?

That is your argument?
So what? you rip on people, I rip on people,get over it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
WEAK.

So you don't really have an argument, other than "lets wait and see". Which is fine, but you don't make any other valid points so I don't get why you keep calling everyone else out.

"Haters like you". Recognizing the obvious isn't hating. It's being realistic.

Can we still have a good season? Sure, I think its definitely possible. But do I expect it to happen? Not really at this point given whats happened the past few years. Can you really point to any reason to expect any differently?

Comparing KO to JC is unfair. I agree. But his resume the last 4 years cant even stack up against Ed Cooley so I don't know what you are trying to say.

Again, KO didn't have to build UConn, so its much worse to compare him to coaches who had to build their programs. Your argument is that he needs time because they did. Well they were building something up not inheriting a national power (and running it into the ground).

Resume last 4 seasons doesn’t stack up to Cooley?

I thought you liked winning championships?

Reaction Score

I use actual arguments to do so and its based on what is happening in real life. I'm calling you out for not having one (while you call people out for not having one).

Glad you at least admitted it.

Reaction Score
Nice guy?

Resume last 4 seasons doesn’t stack up to Cooley?

I thought you liked winning championships?

He doesn't know how to answer questions asked of him, he just tries to be the one asking the questions, all the time.

It wouldn't matter if I single handedly answered all these questions for you. For every question answered, you'd just ask 2 more. Questions that would only be tangentially related at best.

Add to that the fact that you obviously do not have the capacity to answer, explain, or be held accountable for your comments and statements in any way, the 30,000 posts, multiple online forum gimmicks/personas, etc, and how does everyone not realize that engaging in conversation with you is, quite frankly, a colossal waste of time?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It wouldn't matter if I single handedly answered all these questions for you. For every question answered, you'd just ask 2 more. Questions that would only be tangentially related at best.

Add to that the fact that you obviously do not have the capacity to answer, explain, or be held accountable for your comments and statements in any way, the 30,000 posts, multiple online forum gimmicks/personas, etc, and how does everyone not realize that engaging in conversation with you is, quite frankly, a colossal waste of time?

Actually I’m driving to NYC right now and refuse to type a book to refute a dope.

Reaction Score
Actually I’m driving to NYC right now and refuse to type a book to refute a dope.

However you want to rationalize this, champ. Sure did reply lightning quick for someone driving though.

Reaction Score

That is your argument?

If we have a rain tomorrow does that mean everyday the rest of the year will be rain?

I mean it rained today and if it rains tomorrow the evidence right now points to it raining everyday. Or are there other factors and unknowns that can/ will happen that will change/affect the outcome.

The team is young and still leaning/ growing into their roles. The defense has never been this bad under Ollie and it will almost definitely get better. The shooting numbers should also trend upwards. The team has no bad losses (Arkansas is not a bad loss in the committees eyes its a L) and they have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat. End of the day a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Until the sample size of games gets larger and against better competition come January there will be a better assessment and barometer of what to expect out of this UConn team.

I believe they can get to the tourney and win 20 games this year if they grow as I expect. I also believe regardless of results (to a certain extent) Ollie will not be fired this year and will have next year also to prove what he can do with this UConn team and program. You don't bring in Chillious, just to fire Ollie after thus year and lose a potent recruiter with the connections Chill has, just to have him leave after 1 year also and fall further behind the 8 ball because they will lose everyone worthwhile on the team and their current committed players along with burning bridges of future recruits who they have a shot at. I firmly believe in 3 years, if Ollie is given that time frame, that UConn will be back to a top 25 team and relevant nationally again

Reaction Score
W Auburn Auburn, AL 12/23 2:30 p.m. ESPN 2
W SMU Gampel Pavilion 1/25 7 p.m. CBS Sports
W Cincinnati Gampel Pavilion 2/3 12 p.m. ESPN/ESPN 2
W Houston Houston, TX 3/4 4 p.m. CBS Sports

I think we'll win win or two of these, but I think we'll be hard-pressed to win all 4. We'll probably lose 2 or 3 others that you have as wins and 1 or 2 you have as losses we'll win, putting us in the 18-21 win range and squarely on tournament bubble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom