UConn President Interviews Jim Mora | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn President Interviews Jim Mora

Reaction Score
Does no one else think of Ladka and Simka from the TV series “Taxi” when watching the new president? It’s hilarious, yet she’s very likable.
Are you not able to read the other posts?

Reaction Score
Are you not able to read the other posts?
Lol. I typed the post during a meeting in the afternoon, got distracted and didn't post it until night time. By then, someone else had made a comment about Simka.

Reaction Score
Didn't have time to listen, a bit preoccupied. But from the comments, I think the most important issue with both new hires has been satisfied. The issue of fit. Everyone pulling in the same direction and not at cross purposes. And folks who seem to like, and can work effectively with, each other. Would that be fair?

Reaction Score
Didn't have time to listen, a bit preoccupied. But from the comments, I think the most important issue with both new hires has been satisfied. The issue of fit. Everyone pulling in the same direction and not at cross purposes. And folks who seem to like, and can work effectively with, each other. Would that be fair?
Sounds fair to me. She was very prepared for the interview and he responded to all of her questions. They both seemed to smile at times in agreement with the other's answers. It looks like mutual respect to me and they should be able to work well together.

Reaction Score
Great chat between 2 wonderful people.

Only bad side is how much of a loser it makes me feel.

Reaction Score
Mora is so much brighter and articulate than our prior FB coaches.
And very sensitive to coach speak criticism to the point that he always seems to mention it when he is about to engage in it. True, though, that is all we got from his predecessors which was very frustrating.

Reaction Score
We were watching Memphis vs Houston and I turned the sound off and said to the wife lets check this out. Very impressive on both HCJM and the new Presidents part. It is going to be different this time. We finally have the right people in place!

Reaction Score
We were watching Memphis vs Houston and I turned the sound off and said to the wife lets check this out. Very impressive on both HCJM and the new Presidents part. It is going to be different this time. We finally have the right people in place!
Well, by now in their careers their political skills have got to be well honed and indeed they give the impression of working well together.

Reaction Score
I disagree with you. She ie entitled to call herself whatever she wants. Just curious, what is your job title now or in your last position.

i believe Mora's quote said that she wanted 'black' and 'female' included as a badge that she felt would be self-explanatory regarding how difficult her journey to become a football coach has been relative to others. I'm not going to question it. As Mora said elsewhere in the interview, he has to learn how to listen and relate to those younger and different than him.

i'm also guessing you're a white male ;)
Tagging @Scrutiner since I assume you were replying to his (or her, but probably his) post.
Do you have to politicize or make everything about race? Try understanding other points of view instead of using foregone conclusions to judge peoples' motives.

Answer 1: President and CEO. No qualifiers.

Answer 2. Disagree with me all you want, but think about her job. Her title is not "black, female, coach" for good reasons. First, it would be illegal, but most importantly to me, calling her anything other than simply coach or analyst could imply she is merely filling a quota rather than being the best person for the job. We can all see she's black and female so why mention it?

Answer 3: Concerning "how difficult her journey to become a football coach has been relative to others". Difficult? According to Mora she deserves credit for her persistence in pursuing a position with him but to call it a difficult journey is a big leap.

Per the Journal Inquirer: The 29-year-old Grace is an offensive analyst on head coach Jim Mora’s UConn staff, working primarily with John Allen, the Huskies’ wide receivers coach. Grace comes to UConn after serving as Dartmouth’s assistant defensive line coach last season. She also has experience with the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams, serving as a training camp intern for the former and a scouting apprentice for the latter. Her resume shows:
2016-21 Mastery Charter School Defensive coordinator
2017-18 Philly Phantomz Defensive line coach
2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training camp intern
2020-21 Los Angeles Rams Scouting apprentice
2021-22 Dartmouth College Assistant defensive line coach

Be realistic and think about the fact she never played the game she wants to coach and is only six or seven years out of college.
There are probably several thousand experienced players who complete their eligibility every year (so in six or seven years there might be 20,000), many of whom would like to become coaches. They all have more experience than she has and yet Mora hired her. That, according to him, was a testimony to her persistence and her potential but calling her "journey relative to others" difficult is a reach.

UConn has gained wide fame and credit for the successes of its women's basketball and field hockey teams and Mickey Grace may become a great coach but let's not diminish her position by adding qualifiers to her title.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you have to politicize or make everything about race? Try understanding other points of view instead of using foregone conclusions to judge peoples' motives.

Answer 2. Disagree with me all you want, but think about her job. Her title is not "black, female, coach" for good reasons. First, it would be illegal, but most importantly to me, calling her anything other than simply coach or analyst could imply she is merely filling a quota rather than being the best person for the job. We can all see she's black and female so why mention it?

Answer 3: Concerning "how difficult her journey to become a football coach has been relative to others". Difficult? According to Mora she deserves credit for her persistence in pursuing a position with him but to call it a difficult journey is a big leap.

Per the Journal Inquirer: The 29-year-old Grace is an offensive analyst on head coach Jim Mora’s UConn staff, working primarily with John Allen, the Huskies’ wide receivers coach. Grace comes to UConn after serving as Dartmouth’s assistant defensive line coach last season. She also has experience with the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams, serving as a training camp intern for the former and a scouting apprentice for the latter. Her resume shows:

Be realistic and think about the fact she never played the game she wants to coach and is only six or seven years out of college.
There are probably several thousand experienced players who complete their eligibility every year (so in six or seven years there might be 20,000), many of whom would like to become coaches. They all have more experience than she has and yet Mora hired her. That, according to him, was a testimony to her persistence and her potential but calling her "journey relative to others" difficult is a reach.

UConn has gained wide fame and credit for the successes of its women's basketball and field hockey teams and Mickey Grace may become a great coach but let's not diminish her position by adding qualifiers to her title.
Touchy subject, but I mostly agree. In listening to the interview, I presumed she was at least 40 years old.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

SHE is adding " qualifiers" to HER title and Coach Mora chooses to oblige. Why does this offend you so?

Also, I don't know what it matters that she (presumably) never played organized football. She has 7 years experience as a coach. This alone makes her more qualified than a player who has exhausted his eligibility. Not to mention that players don't always make good coaches, nor does playing experience necessarily make one more qualified to coach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mora is impressive.. the new president is also
Kind Of Splat GIF by NickRewind

GG

Reaction Score
Mora is impressive. It’s going to be a long road, but I think he was a great hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom