UConn Positioned PERFECTLY for Sunday! | The Boneyard

UConn Positioned PERFECTLY for Sunday!

Reaction Score
BYers aren't used to being underdogs. Some of these threads are off IMO. "UConn at it's lowest point of the season". "Rest don't Practice". Non-stop reports on the injured players.
Come on folks: 14 straight wins, a low point?, The way I see it, this is the team, until otherwise. I teach in Bush Alaska, and my principal would say, "we don't have a teacher in that slot until I see that
teacher get off the plane".
Enjoy this team! This team is overachieving, which is truly the pinnacle of success, reaching one's potential.
I've watched enough Geno and player interviews to know that any team at UConn's first goal is to win the conference championship. They took a huge step in that direction Sunday. IMO that was the
biggest game of the season thus far. A "trap game"? No, No. That was the game, and UConn gutted it out.
Truly, what does UConn have to lose Sunday? Everyone knows the team is depleted, (IMO overblown, UConn has a TEAM with players playing as well as they ever have) so SC will be significantly favored. Pressure on UConn? I don't see it. The team should be loose.
Geno knows every possible situation a team can encounter. I guarantee that he will have the young women relaxed. SC has the pressure. They will believe that they're facing a wounded team. But they're
not. The Huskies will be lurking, snarling.
Poker player: We can't play it "close to the vest". (Did Geno last year in the final, with a limited PB?) Their cards may be better at this moment, but the best cards don't necessarily win. UConn has advantages on the floor. UConn's guards are better and UConn's wings are better. And SC has no answer for an inspired AE. So, IMO UConn has to dominate that part of the floor. By so doing, their bigs have to come further out, negating their advantage inside. Pressure the ball, deny the wings, and front the posts. Gunna give up some layups but the game will be played in the entire half court, not just inside the 3-point line. Open up UConn's running game. Tired, smired! No such thing as tired on Sunday! This is why you came to UConn! Live for it!
Chisel in stone that #1 seed for UConn. Let the others fight for that 4th spot. Gunna change 10X before March.
Nika's ready for this big moment! AG too. The tentativeness on offense for her is gone! Lou is big-game! Bigs- play hard! AE, they don't have a matchup for you! Go Huskies! Snarl!

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
BYers aren't used to being underdogs. Some of these threads are off IMO. "UConn at it's lowest point of the season". "Rest don't Practice". Non-stop reports on the injured players.
Come on folks: 14 straight wins, a low point?, The way I see it, this is the team, until otherwise. I teach in Bush Alaska, and my principal would say, "we don't have a teacher in that slot until I see that
Enjoy this team! This team is overachieving, which is truly the pinnacle of success, reaching one's potential.
I've watched enough Geno and player interviews to know that any team at UConn's first goal is to win the conference championship. They took a huge step in that direction Sunday. IMO that was the
biggest game of the season thus far. A "trap game"? No, No. That was the game, and UConn gutted it out.
Truly, what does UConn have to lose Sunday? Everyone knows the team is depleted, (IMO overblown, UConn has a TEAM with players playing as well as they ever have) so SC will be significantly favored. Pressure on UConn? I don't see it. The team should be loose.
Geno knows every possible situation a team can encounter. I guarantee that he will have the young women relaxed. SC has the pressure. They will believe that they're facing a wounded team. But they're
Poker player: We can't play it "close to the vest". (Did Geno last year in the final, with a limited PB?) Their cards may be better at this moment, but the best cards don't necessarily win. UConn has advantages on the floor. UConn's guards are better and UConn's wings are better. And SC has no answer for an inspired AE. So, IMO UConn has to dominate that part of the floor. By so doing, their bigs have to come further out, negating their advantage inside. Pressure the ball, deny the wings, and front the posts. Gunna give up some layups but the game will be played in the entire half court, not just inside the 3-point line. Open up UConn's running game. Tired, smired! No such thing as tired on Sunday! This is why you came to UConn! Live for it!
Chisel in stone that #1 seed for UConn. Let the others fight for that 4th spot. Gunna change 10X before March.
Nika's ready for this big moment! AG too. The tentativeness on offense for her is gone! Lou is big-game! Bigs- play hard! AE, they don't have a matchup for you! Go Huskies! Snarl!
Possible or wishful thinking. I hope you are right.

Reaction Score
"Pressure on Uconn? I don't see it, the team should be loose."
I would be interested in your take. I'm not good at riddles. Are you intimating that there is pressure on UConn? Love to hear your opinion.

Reaction Score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

vaeman

CT transplant to DMV
Reaction Score
Hookshot: It was Japan who bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany.
This is a classic "Animal House" reference from Bluto trying to rev up his frat brothers. Two of his frat brothers after hearing the mistaken historical reference muttered, "forget it, he's rolling" lol

Reaction Score
Why is this so far fetched. SC has not been tested all year. Played no body. Even Stanford is not who they was. So can uconn win. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! They have been pushed to limits hat most teams this year have not even seen. So yes I agree. And even if the happen to fall short. SC will be the team who gets the worst, as they gets exposed. And in the final championship game, with Azzi and Caroline, they put the nail in the coffin. Good luck SC. And Go Huskies. 100% support.

Reaction Score
Hookshot: It was Japan who bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germany.
Thanks for the heads up but we all know that, except for John Belushi who made that phase famous in Animal House (maybe that movie was before your time). Wish it was before my time, because I was actually born on Pearl Harbor day, and may have even have seen those zeros overhead from the incubator

Reaction Score
My concern is the energy of our team. We are badly worn down right now. If we have our batteries recharged and can last a whole game that is a different story.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Can we just eliminate the second quarter and move right to the third?

Reaction Score
Can we just eliminate the second quarter and move right to the third?
I don't remember which game, Huskie had some OUTSTANDING 2nd quarter this season. Don't worry about Sunday, Huskie squad has been anticipating for this game since day 1(one) of this season. they will have SC taste the first defeat come Sunday ! ! GO HUSKIES ! ! !

Reaction Score

Whatever you’re selling I’m buying!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The team I saw last night was exhausted. They dragged themselves to victory solely on their individual integrity and collective identity as UConn Huskies. I am sure at this time the entire staff is dedicated to maximizing recovery. If this weary and haggard few claim a victory on Sunday it will be a testimony to some of the fiercest, and finest, people I have every had the honor to support.

Reaction Score
This Louisville fan wishes that the NC-Lou and SC-UConn games were not being played at the same time Sunday. I'll record the UConn game, of course, but it will be difficult to avoid seeing the score. Scores for both ACC and Top 25 games are displayed prominently at the Yum Center and for sure one of my seatmates will comment at some point.

Best of luck to UConn.

Reaction Score
Also when Lou and AE get thier play back and Nika and Audrey, Dorka play like today, they can surely beat SC. Let's not rule out Caroline. Never know. Possibly Azzi. We don't know what Geno knows. And I would not let any out. Just let SC think uconn is a wounded team. That's a bad way of thinking. But the arragence, of them. I will stand behind uconn, over all the rest of the ncca league. So no more talking. Let's just let these amazing women do what they do best. Full support.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Nice post! Personally, I am weary of reading that the UCONN team is "tired." These are young athletic women, not 90 year old ladies trying to go up a flight of stairs.
I think some fans are trying to pile up excuses we can use if South Carolina wins.
To use Geno's frequent quote: "It is what it is!" So, play the game with players which we have. If I had to wager on the game, I would put SC on top, but I'm not going to wager----I am going to root for the underdog Huskies!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This Louisville fan wishes that the NC-Lou and SC-UConn games were not being played at the same time Sunday. I'll record the UConn game, of course, but it will be difficult to avoid seeing the score. Scores for both ACC and Top 25 games are displayed prominently at the Yum Center and for sure one of my seatmates will comment at some point.

Best of luck to UConn.
If you wait a few hours, MJL will post a commercial-free replay of the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom