UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach | The Boneyard

UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The Twitter verse is making it sound like this guy is very legit, and the loss seems to be largely felt by Cinci fans. A nice little parting gift from Cinci.

Looks like he holds significant experience in the NFL with the Bengals and Jaguars.

EDIT: Upon further review, it looks like Cinci fans are REALLY shocked and shook over this.

Reaction Score
Even Sal still has UConn on his social media, so this is VERY new.

It's a good hire though. 9 years at Cincinnati so he's proven with a team known for physicality and toughness.

Article makes him out to be well-read in the latest exercise science data-based studf. That's all I got.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Sal WAS a big tactic. That being said, some of his vocalized views could also be a detriment in today’s social climate

I 100% agree with you. I was just saying it's odd that this hiring came out of the blue without a statement about Sal being let go

Reaction Score
From Sal's LinkedIn, lists his end date as June 2020 (can see present for the title above)

AE631D5E-EA8A-447E-BE90-008EBB621BC6.png

Reaction Score
I won’t repeat my comments, as that thread has been moved to another board, but this move has been in the works for a while and is much appreciated by the people we should be most concerned about. The decision makers listened and responded, it was handled quietly and efficiently, and they seemingly got a star in the new guy.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Sal seemed to take the route of just getting the guys toned and overall healthy, not really ever bulking up any of our guys into beasts. This new guy calls his gym the monster factory and has had his guys bully ours for years. Me likey.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I enjoyed how Sal pulled back the curtain and gave a look into how the guys were training but given his history, I agree that it was likely only a matter of time until he hit his expiration date one way or another.

Hard not to be enthusiastic about Rehfeldt. Physically, Cincy routinely made us look a JV squad taking the court against the Varsity. Seeing how upset their fans are confirms that this is a massive hire. It’s a great sign for the program when you can attract this type of talent

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I won’t repeat my comments, as that thread has been moved to another board, but this move has been in the works for a while and is much appreciated by the people we should be most concerned about. The decision makers listened and responded, it was handled quietly and efficiently, and they seemingly got a star in the new guy.

This makes me even more proud of our head coach. That's why Calhoun was so easy to root for, even when he could be tough on his guys: you knew he loved and respected his players and always had their backs. Seems like Hurley is cut from the same cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom