UConn playing St. Bonaventure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen anything about tickets? I want to scoop these asap

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Does it say anything about Vaccination requirement for this game ?

Reaction Score
Does it say anything about Vaccination requirement for this game ?
Ticketmaster shows if there is or is not a policy for an event when you buy a ticket and at this time does not show any such policy for this event, doesn't mean it wont change though.

Reaction Score
The A-10 released its preseason rankings and St. Bonaventure is the unanimous top team in the A-10.

Great matchup for us. We'll see a lot of four (big) guard and one big matchups.

Reaction Score
The A-10 released its preseason rankings and St. Bonaventure is the unanimous top team in the A-10.

Great matchup for us. We'll see a lot of four (big) guard and one big matchups.

I trust DH, but I really hope that he learned from letting St. John’s dictate his personnel decisions in last season’s matchup. If Sanogo is as dominant as Danny expects this season, the team needs to impose its will on four guard lineups.

Reaction Score
I trust DH, but I really hope that he learned from letting St. John’s dictate his personnel decisions in last season’s matchup. If Sanogo is as dominant as Danny expects this season, the team needs to impose its will on four guard lineups.
Does never playing zone hurt us in this situation?

Reaction Score
Thankfully Creighton, Nova, and St. John's all had their ability to play 5-out weakened compared to last seaosn. Creighton will start Kalkbrenner. Nova lost JRE, not sure any of their 4s can play the 5 and their 5s are true centers. St. John's may play some Champagnie at center, but they lost Earlington at the 4 who killed us and replaced him him with Mathis and Wheeler who can't shoot and brought in a couple traditional bigs. They can maybe play a Posh, Smith, Coburn, Wusu, Champagnie lineup, but we should be able to score at will against that lineup with any iteration of our own.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bonnies are loaded should be a good game. Normally I would say you don’t schedule neutral site games against stacked mid majors but with our size, depth and experience this year we should feel comfortable against anyone.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Heavily disagree. When we face 5 outs, Sanogo needs to be off the floor. Whaley, Akok, and hopefully Johnson are built to guard well on the perimeter. And tbh if they can't take advantage of smaller defenders on the other end, that'd be very disappointing.

Reaction Score
Heavily disagree. When we face 5 outs, Sanogo needs to be off the floor. Whaley, Akok, and hopefully Johnson are built to guard well on the perimeter. And tbh if they can't take advantage of smaller defenders on the other end, that'd be very disappointing.
Maybe.

If the 5 out 'big' is super-athletic and a strong offensive player, then I agree. However, I don't know any big in the Big East who fits that profile. Maybe Auburn is an example of this w/ Kessler's shooting ability stretching the defense out to allow an athletic big like Jabari Smith to attack the rim.

However, if the 5 out 'big' is meh on offense, I'm not worried about Sanogo's defensive assignment. Keep him in there to bully the 'big' on the low blocks.

Sanogo is going to be a major factor and I expect him to play 25+ mpg almost every game. Relating to the subject line, Sanogo is a perfect guy to counter-attack Osun Osunniyi's limited stretch on offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog