UConn Players in the Pros | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Players in the Pros

Reaction Score
I can't seem to find any info on the seniors (El Mir, Kalter and Gendron) if they are playing. Does anyone have any info??

Reaction Score
Huska is having a pretty good camp with the Rangers. Here's some fan chat.

Reaction Score
Tage Thompson is having a great camp with the Sabres, looks like he will be starting on the first line with Eichel and Hall on opening day, Thursday against the Capitals. Amazing accomplishment after spending most of last year injured.

He has been able to put on some additional weight currently listed at 217, was180 at UConn

Reaction Score
Tage Thompson is having a great camp with the Sabres, looks like he will be starting on the first line with Eichel and Hall on opening day, Thursday against the Capitals. Amazing accomplishment after spending most of last year injured.

He has been able to put on some additional weight currently listed at 217, was180 at UConn
That's awesome. What you posted is still the case according to DailyFaceoff:

That's a lot of size on the 1st line!

1610624873862.png

Reaction Score
Tage looked good against the Caps tonight. Active played with Eichel. Got an assist and had quality chances.

Reaction Score

-> When his senior year was cut short in 2020 due the COVID-19 pandemic, Newpower flew to Florida to spend time with his grandfather and finish school. After a few weeks, his pro dreams became real when an offer from the Rockford IceHogs was on the table.

“I was going to sign. I had spoken to family, my agent and my grandpa, who is a big influence on me,” said Newpower. “My last call was to my coach at UConn to let him know [that I was going to sign] and thank him for all the help. He told me that was great, but to wait because he had spoken to Columbus.”

The two parties had crossed paths when the Blue Jackets would go to see 2017 draft pick Kale Howarth playing at UConn and Newpower left a strong impression. After a few days and more conversations, Newpower signed his first AHL contract deciding the best fit for him was with Columbus. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom