UConn-Pitt Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn-Pitt Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno: Well, I'm the coach. I'm supposed to have the answers and right now I don't.

Reaction Score
IMHO the only player(s) on UConn who are ready to shoot when receiving a pass is KML and when Stef is in range, she is. The others, don't seem to be ready to pop and shoot and need to take a dribble or other action to get ready to shoot. By then, many times the defense is ready to defend the shot.

Exactly, its as if theyve got this mindset of how a play should go about and wait for it to do so rather than being fluid it about it. KML knows when she should shoot, and she does. Hit or miss its usually the right shot. (Luckily for us, it usually hits). With Bria, there is a quarter second of thinking beforehand and THAT is what i believe is causing this shooting "slump" (in comparison to her previous percentages). Shes uncomfortable out there, not sure why but in the past big games brings the best out of her. So lets hope that tenacious desire to win pushes her

Reaction Score
Kiah - MIA

Unfortunately, I dont have SNY (and as a broke college student cannot afford the yearly subscription at the moment) so is there any reason as to why she hasnt played a minute? Dissapointing Geno with what he sees as "wasted potential"?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I dont have SNY (and as a broke college student cannot afford the yearly subscription at the moment) so is there any reason as to why she hasnt played a minute? Dissapointing Geno with what he sees as "wasted potential"?

He may be investing his minutes in the freshman right now...

Reaction Score
No reason given for Kiah's non-play. No mention of her, in fact. It could be that getting Breanna into the flow is just a higher priority right now.

Reaction Score
Makes sense, Geno has to make the decision of who he will need to develop in the tiny time frame before the tourney. I think Breanna's scoring would be a better asset than getting Kiah comfortable out there. I just hope that Kiah's defensive threat is utilized as I feel she can shut down the paint and winning is easier when the other team has no points down low. That said she is an offensive liability. Dilemmas like these make me realize just how tough of a job coaching is, also astonishing how Geno can make these things seem so easy

Reaction Score
From the first time I saw Tuck play, I thought that a likely outcome. It's just happened much more quickly than I expected.

Tuck is a superior player...if she hadn't been injured, she had a good chance to be first off the bench...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ND up, likely will win. Diggins and McBride have 38 of their 49.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As long as ND is able to get to the Free Throw line as often as they do, they're hard to beat. Diggins & McBride shot all 13 FT's ND shot in the 1st half. The only game they didn't go to the line more often then their opponent was the Baylor game, which they lost. Most games they shoot 12 or more free throws then their opponents.

Free throw differential is why they have had so much success against UConn recently. Muffett is running an offense that takes advantages of the skills the players have. I also think she's recruiting for that as well. Jewell Loyd fits the mode.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wow, a freshman using glass on a midrange jumper.....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom