UConn PIPM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn PIPM

Reaction Score
A few more with some wings/bigs that weren't included so far.

SVc7Gu5.png

At first this chart made me pessimistic for Polley. Look how terrible he was on offense as a freshman. Yikes. (It makes sense, the team was bad, he made basically 0 plays for others, turned it over his fair share, shot 23% on 2s, and didn't take enough 3s to make an impact).

But now look closer. He's tracking on that Giffey course almost exactly. A little bit more impactful on offense compared to Giffey's junior year, a little worse on D, balances out to about the same. Giffey obviously went berserk on offense as a senior by never missing a 3, but if Polley can trust his body, he can definitely be a very positive contributing piece this year.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
@auror can you put boat, Gibbs, purvis, cv, bazz, B Adams, Gaffney, J Adams on a chart?

Reaction Score
I'm more interested in Jalen Adams's. If this is cumulative, it suggests he was a terrific defensive player his first year, then gave it all back and then some his next 3 years. What happened?
Reality happened. He couldn’t carry a team like Kemba and Shabazz before him, and he was asked to do just that very thing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I love statistics. I took 2 stats classes in a degree program I recently completed, and I would plug my gambling results into the formulas when learning outliers, variance, standard deviation/error. I found out I was within my outliers unless I won more than $350 or lost more than $220!

A nice regression chart with a bunch of UCONN players is right up my alley! Awesome work/find @auror! I'll play around on this for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@auror can you put boat, Gibbs, purvis, cv, bazz, B Adams, Gaffney, J Adams on a chart?

Yep. I substituted Samuel for Bazz because Bazz was pretty clearly above the rest and Samuel hadn't been posted yet.

mjit7MT.png

Offense
mIj7m5t.png

Attachments

• UConnPIPMMisc.PNG
    UConnPIPMMisc.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Defense
QGB039z.png

This past year Vital finished as our best guard since Shabazz. I'm a bit surprised BAdams rates out as a net negative defender, but our defense go worse when Akok got hurt and he got more minutes then. You can see the offense picked up and both Badams and Gaffney's curve shot up. Gaffne's play improved a lot once he started starting. Jadams, Gibbs, Boatright, and Purvis were all about the same when asked to lead the team as seniors, although Adams and Gibbs were better on offense and Purvis and Boatright were stalwarts on D.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom