UConn Outside AP Top 25 | The Boneyard

UConn Outside AP Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Texas A&M was the first team outside the poll, followed by UConn, which appeared on 24 of 62 ballots.

Reaction Score
the big dipper underdog GIF

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm getting really sick of these voters constantly disrespecting us. They seriously think that a team with the preseason BE POY and multiple projected draft picks isn't worthy of being a top 25 team..?
Yes because we got bounced in the first round of the tournament the last two years. We’ve been disrespecting the brand tbh.

Reaction Score
Other receiving votes: Texas A&M 112; UConn 101; Miami 66; Purdue 56; Saint Louis 36; Michigan St. 35; Florida State 32; Xavier 29; Wyoming 25; Ohio State 23; Iowa 13; Rutgers 4; USC 3; Florida 3; Toledo 1; UAB 1; Memphis 1; Virginia Tech 1; Notre Dame 1.

Reaction Score
preseason BE POY and multiple projected draft picks isn't worthy of being a top 25 team..?
I mean I think we're gunna be good but there's entirely way too many question marks for us to be preseason ranked.
I think 25-40 is proper ranking for a team replacing as much as we're replacing and relying on relatively lesser known transfers and recruits to replace known veteran commodities like RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm getting really sick of these voters constantly disrespecting us. They seriously think that a team with the preseason BE POY and multiple projected draft picks isn't worthy of being a top 25 team..?
Don’t be. All accounts from donor attended practices are we are not that good right now ( except for Sanogo). And now with AJ out it could be a rough entry into season. I’m hearing the guard play is a bit lacking.

Good news is karaban looks special

Reaction Score
Sounds about right, 24 would have been the highest I would have expected. A lot of unknowns, a hurt Jackson, and more talent shifting around than ever before in college leads to difficulty placing this team. Just take care of business and get to PK85 undefeated and we should be top 20

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes because we got bounced in the first round of the tournament the last two years. We’ve been disrespecting the brand tbh.
That has nothing to do with a 2022-2023 preseason poll

Well, when you get bounced in the first round, and you lose Cole, Martin, Whaley and Polley to graduation and have a bunch of transfers out, being a borderline Top-25 isn't exactly disrespectful.

Reaction Score
Meh.

21 to end last year with 3 new starters and literally an entirely new bench. 3 transfers will get major minutes and we’re banking on major production from 2 sophomores and a RS freshman who we haven’t seen consistently good in games.

So it seems reasonable. I think a case could easily be made to have us anywhere from 20-25.

If our unknowns (transfers + Hawkins/Samson/Karaban) hit, this team could be 15 or better. But I understand not ranking them accordingly until you’ve seen the games.

Reaction Score
Well, when you get bounced in the first round, and you lose Cole, Martin, Whaley and Polley to graduation and have a bunch of transfers out, being a borderline Top-25 isn't exactly disrespectful.
I agree 27 isn't disrespectful, anything from 20-40 preseason is a guessing game. But saying we had a bunch of transfers out is telling half a story

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Don’t be. All accounts from donor attended practices are we are not that good right now ( except for Sanogo). And now with AJ out it could be a rough entry into season. I’m hearing the guard play is a bit lacking.

I think Sanogo and Karaban are going to be our two best players this year.

Reaction Score

I mean that's just not true at all lmao

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
“Being underestimated is the greatest gift”

Reaction Score
I mean I think we're gunna be good but there's entirely way too many question marks for us to be preseason ranked.
I think 25-40 is proper ranking for a team replacing as much as we're replacing and relying on relatively lesser known transfers and recruits to replace known veteran commodities like RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin.
I don't have a problem with it but that same logic should apply to Nova and other teams who lost their core. Nova lost their on court all everything leader in Gillespie and they don't have their other two best players in Moore and Samuels. Not to mention they lost one of the best coaches ever in college basketball.

Reaction Score

Hurley blowing smoke about Hawkins being a first round draft pick at the end of the season? He just said it again a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom