UConn-Oregon game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn-Oregon game thread

Reaction Score
And a meager crumb at that.
A crumb is a crumb. Would they throw the crumb to UConn, ever! UConn had to travel the entire country to have their season. The PAC12 is confined to the west coast plus a trip to Colorado at the most. UConn had to travel to places like Tulsa, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis. Back and forth. Do you ever hear anyone mention that? It is always the other team that is tired, that has exams, that has to travel. Always an excuse.

Reaction Score
Radio play by play (PBP) requires me to describe everything; said another way, I have to paint a picture for the listener with my words. TV has a picture already; it allows me to use far fewer words, and do a little more explaining and a little less describing. Unless my audience member is visually impared (and yes, that is a real issue), my TV call should frame the picture, not paint it.
Got it. Thank you. And thank you for explaining it to me without sarcasm. I appreciate that. :)

Reaction Score
What must Brenda Frese be thinking seeing UConn destroy Oregon in the 1st Half?

Still a Half to play. Don't let up the gas or go on long scoring droughts. Make this a 40 point game.

Really is amazing isn't it?

We still got a half to go but if UConn vs Miss State is even close to a repeat like last year I think the announcers should launch into a good ole rant on some of these coaches like Mulkey and Freese who get upset by these teams UConn destroys. Shows they were ill prepared.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oh no, I have DirecTV and we're having a huge thunderstorm blowing through

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Oregon's bigs just don't have enough athleticism or good enough footwork inside to be effective.

Reaction Score
Watching live here in 6th row dead center!!

Not sure if u see it in TV but Kia nurses defense is amazing. Saw her yelling in I's face on one trip.

She is amazing today

Not sure how you're even watching the game with that date of your's sitting in the next seat....................

Reaction Score
Watching game in Chili's with no sound. Seems like game is being played at a slow pace..

Reaction Score
Well - Lou isn't hot tonight; which is perfectly fine. Maybe she's saving it all if we advance. (Yes, I'm still saying "if")..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn a couple mental lapses and Geno calls a TO. I think it was Geno.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Butler going to make an appearance? She should match up better w/ Oregon's bigs than she did w/ UCLA's, and the game seems fairly well in hand at this point.

Reaction Score
Doris Burke must be trying to make some points with the haters on the Boneyard because she just made a great case that Gabby not making first team All-American was totally bogus. She also noted that it's totally irrelevant that two other Huskies were already on the team. Finally she made mention of how Jay Bilas feels she's the best player in the country for all the things she brings to each and every game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Refs will put out Gabby's fire . (I think that is who they called the foul on right before the commercial break)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom