UConn opens +3 | The Boneyard

UConn opens +3

Reaction Score
that sounds about right. I would be surprised if it's not a close game decided in the last two minutes

Reaction Score
One thing that stands out to me as a disadvantage is size. Akok cant let Jackson-Davis post him up deep. Make him face up and bother him with your length. Smith plays the 3 for them this year and is a bad matchup for Polley. He can contest Polley's 3s with length and overpower him on the interior.

Indiana barely scores from 3. They pound it inside and have the 8th highest percentage of points coming from FTs in the country. UConn is 9th in the country in BLK%, so Indiana should have a little more trouble than usual just forcing the ball down low. The question is, can our bigs stay on the court? Akok has avoided fouling, but Carlton and Whaley are risks there. I think you have to avoid putting them on TJD, who is 5th in the nation in FT Rate.

Indiana is much deeper in the frontcourt than UConn, but they do foul a lot. I think forcing help defense on drives could be a big key here. Our guards need to drive and slash. Wisconsin's guards killed Indiana inside. Indiana blocks a lot of shots, which has been a struggle for Carlton and Gilbert, so getting our guards downhill towards the rim seems like a safer bet. Bouknight and Adams come to mind as two guys who could have big games if they play aggressively. If that's working, Vital's spot up game should benefit.

Indiana's offense has a very bad 10.1% STL Rate. Our guards are great at being pests, so I'd expect some steals. Wilson may be the guy to play at the 3 today at times between defending Smith and getting out in transition. Should be a fast paced game with a lot of loose balls.

I'm thinking this will be a rock fight. Giving UConn 3 points in a quasi-home game could end up being more than what it seems, but it should be a close one. I'd pick UConn +3 over Indiana -3.

Reaction Score
UConn down to +1.5 on my book no more waiting hitting it while I still can

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was hoping I could get a better line was at +140 earlier. Just checked right now and it dropped to +125. Might as well keep waiting now
Yeah thats what happened to me. Tough.

Reaction Score
One thing that stands out to me as a disadvantage is size. Akok cant let Jackson-Davis post him up deep. Make him face up and bother him with your length. Smith plays the 3 for them this year and is a bad matchup for Polley. He can contest Polley's 3s with length and overpower him on the interior.

Indiana barely scores from 3. They pound it inside and have the 8th highest percentage of points coming from FTs in the country. UConn is 9th in the country in BLK%, so Indiana should have a little more trouble than usual just forcing the ball down low. The question is, can our bigs stay on the court? Akok has avoided fouling, but Carlton and Whaley are risks there. I think you have to avoid putting them on TJD, who is 5th in the nation in FT Rate.

Indiana is much deeper in the frontcourt than UConn, but they do foul a lot. I think forcing help defense on drives could be a big key here. Our guards need to drive and slash. Wisconsin's guards killed Indiana inside. Indiana blocks a lot of shots, which has been a struggle for Carlton and Gilbert, so getting our guards downhill towards the rim seems like a safer bet. Bouknight and Adams come to mind as two guys who could have big games if they play aggressively. If that's working, Vital's spot up game should benefit.

Indiana's offense has a very bad 10.1% STL Rate. Our guards are great at being pests, so I'd expect some steals. Wilson may be the guy to play at the 3 today at times between defending Smith and getting out in transition. Should be a fast paced game with a lot of loose balls.

I'm thinking this will be a rock fight. Giving UConn 3 points in a quasi-home game could end up being more than what it seems, but it should be a close one. I'd pick UConn +3 over Indiana -3.
Excellent post.

If we get the win tonight this will be a huge program win because we beat a good, well coached team with lots of skilled size. When's the last time that happened?

Reaction Score
We've been dominating against the spread (7-1), so people will pound us until the gravy train ends.

Indiana (6-3) hasn't been bad, but their weak schedule plus recent performance (1-2) make people think the analytical systems have now properly rated them while are still underrating us.

Plus whether or not UConn in NYC has been factored into the "neutral" spread originally would bring it closer to a pick'em.

Reaction Score

I think this could be a big game for Bouk. Back home in front of family and friends. And he's the best of our guards at scoring inside. Rique and CV are going to need to make plays inside better than they have before.

Reaction Score

I wish Indiana didn’t get blasted by Wisconsin this weekend. Now they ll prolly bounce back

Reaction Score
Big 10 always goes inside so Akok on help defense for Carlton. I see a lot of fouls tonight.

Reaction Score
The game will hinge on how well Indiana handles our pressure .
If our guards can keep them off balance that negates the size advantage in the front court. If not then we’re in trouble. It’s not necessarily turnovers, although thats 1st prize and sets up the break.
But how much time they take off the clock and distance ftom the hoop they’re forced to start will also effect their ability to execute.

Reaction Score
I think this could be a big game for Bouk. Back home in front of family and friends. And he's the best of our guards at scoring inside. Rique and CV are going to need to make plays inside better than they have before.
Jackson-Davis and Franklin are both freshman. In the Wisconsin highlights they were both getting beat off the dribble regularly. Hunter too off the bench (also a freshman).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom