UConn Open House and Fan Fest -April 6th (10a-1p) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Open House and Fan Fest -April 6th (10a-1p)

Reaction Score
Kissing Benedict’s rear end about Auburn...That’s legitimately pathetic.
Sorry, but I was nowhere near his sphincter. My comment was not only timely and relevant, it led to some interesting insights on Pearl and Hurley. But if it makes you sleep better to deem my comment “legitimately pathetic” I can take some solace in regarding your overreaction as a “character flaw”.

Reaction Score
Of course, in his six seasons at Tennessee, Bruce Pearl never got past the second round.

Not saying that he isn't a good coach...but that the ingredients also have to be right.

To make the Final Four, regardless of who is coaching, you need three point shooting, defense, and a few biggish guys who can rebound, etc.

While, on average, a coach reaching the Final Four has 10.4 years in...some, like Ollie, Shaka, Mike Davis...have done it on 2.

John Belein, Michigan, took 34 years, Altman at Oregon took 28 years....Jim Calhoun was a HC for 27 years when his time rolled around in 1999.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I was nowhere near his sphincter. My comment was not only timely and relevant, it led to some interesting insights on Pearl and Hurley. But if it makes you sleep better to deem my comment “legitimately pathetic” I can take some solace in regarding your overreaction as a “character flaw”.

lol - so timely and relevant and so polite not to mention chuck person.

wow the the ad said the coach should someday get to the elite eight - groundbreaking.

if it’s a character flaw to not act like you it’s one i am proud to have been born with.

Reaction Score
So polite not to mention chuck person.
if it’s a character flaw to not act like you it’s one i am proud to have been born with.
Chuck Person? This wasn’t a 60 Minutes exposé, it was a pleasant conversation with the AD. Your wanting to excoriate him with references to Chuck Person is simply another example of your character flaw. Be proud.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Chuck Person? This wasn’t a 60 Minutes exposé, it was a pleasant conversation with the AD. Your wanting to excoriate him with references to Chuck Person is simply another example of your character flaw. Be proud.

I dont desire pleasant conversations with the architects of UConn’s demise.

I want to transfer him to Seton Hill and hire a legitimate athletic director.

It’s hilarious what a fraud you are - the nonsense you blab on and on about is in complete diametric opposition of Bruce Pearl and Chuck Person.

That you would congratuate someone on what the cesspool of Auburn basketball accomplished is perfect. You congratulated a guy who’s greatest accomplishment is using a minor NCAA violation to not pay the horrible contract he gave his basketball coach.

It’s fairly ironic....

Reaction Score
I dont desire pleasant conversations with the architects of UConn’s demise. It’s hilarious what a fraud you are. That you would congratuate someone on what the cesspool of Auburn basketball accomplished is perfect.

Ha! So you incessantly bemoan the depth of UConn’s athletic demise and the utter ineptness of our coaches and administration but are appalled that I’d congratulate Benedict on Auburn’s Final Four run? You’d be the first one rationalizing our success if “flawed” Bruce Pearl brought us to the Final Four.
BTW, Randy Edsall is the anti-Bruce Pearl. Notwithstanding his “squeaky clean hands” we all know how much you discredit and dismiss Randy’s efforts in trying to rebuild the football program in what are admittedly challenging times. You're not only a fraud, you’re a hypocrite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ha! So you incessantly bemoan the depth of UConn’s athletic demise and the utter ineptness of our coaches and administration but are appalled that I’d congratulate Benedict on Auburn’s Final Four run? You’d be the first one rationalizing our success if “flawed” Bruce Pearl brought us to the Final Four.
BTW, Randy Edsall is the anti-Bruce Pearl. Notwithstanding his “squeaky clean hands” we all know how much you discredit and dismiss Randy’s efforts in trying to rebuild the football program in what are admittedly challenging times. You're not only a fraud, you’re a hypocrite.

As always you have it backwards champ.

I’d welcome and celebrate an administration that hired coaches like Bruce Pearl.

You are the one who celebrates academics and clean hands. You are the one who should be digusted by Bruce Pearl.

Instead you are so thirsty to be an insider you are willing to ignore your values to kiss someone’s rear end.

I’ve got thousands of posts celebrating the job Edsall did from 1999-2010. It’s 2019 - Randy Edsall + lack of institutional support is a losing formula. If I were an insider and had access to the AD - I’d use my access to raise that point... but I’m not a hypocritical fraud. I actually believe what I post...

Reaction Score
... If I were an insider and had access to the AD - I’d use my access to raise that point.
I’ll leave this here: ;)

41788C82-D680-454D-9320-A73CEE2AD359.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ll leave this here: ;)

View attachment 42366

That’s hardly insider access but if it makes people happy I’ll go to a public event and ask why they haven’t funded football at a level that allows them to be competitive.

Spoiler alert: they are going to say they are and the new locker room is the evidence

Reaction Score
You are so thirsty to be an insider you are willing to ignore your values to kiss someone’s rear end. If I were an insider and had access to the AD - I’d use my access to raise that point... but I’m not a hypocritical fraud. I actually believe what I post.
Ha! I quenched my thirst long ago. You sound like that "Dime Back" reporter looking to make a splash. I'm all for suggesting improvements to the leadership in a non-incendiary way. If you want to be the rabble rouser who gets all the attention but is ultimately ignored, have at it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ha! I quenched my thirst long ago. You sound like that "Dime Back" reporter looking to make a splash. I'm all for suggesting improvements to the leadership in a non-incendiary way. If you want to be the rabble rouser who gets all the attention but is ultimately ignored, have at it.

Whatever you are doing has worked like a charm. Keep up the great work and thank you for your service!

Reaction Score
Whatever you are doing has worked like a charm. Keep up the great work and thank you for your service!
Thank you for that vote of confidence :) but I'm humble enough to wait until fall to see if it's actually deserved.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That you would congratuate someone on what the cesspool of Auburn basketball accomplished is perfect. You congratulated a guy who’s greatest accomplishment is using a minor NCAA violation to not pay the horrible contract he gave his basketball coach.
Does the NCAA give out Show Cause orders for minor violations? Just curious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom