UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Skim either finally got one wrong, or we got a new member of the team from the portal. If it’s not Beers, I’m assuming it’s Chen. It doesn’t seem to be Iriafen, as all arrows point to her staying in California.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So Skim either finally got one wrong, or we got a new member of the team from the portal. If it’s not Beers, I’m assuming it’s Chen. It doesn’t seem to be Iriafen, as all arrows point to her staying in California.
I swear, it’s gonna be a total surprise for a lot of us

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I just still can’t believe it’s all coincidence that she followed all those UConn players and they all followed her back…I’m still hopeful.
For the last five days I came to the BY to see if Beers had committed to UConn only to see she had not. Maybe we should start hoping for Weimar or Wiemar. She averaged double figures last season and appears to be a good post player. Someone suggested that UConn go after her. I am not familiar with her.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should start hoping for Weimar or Wiemar. She averaged double figures last season and appears to be a good post player. Someone suggested that UConn go after her. I am not familiar with her.
No, Donald, no....! Tis not over till the fat lady sings. And showing my age, I don't hear Dandy Don warming up behind the curtains, at least not yet..! So patience grasshopper, patience, the good guys are going to win out, Ms Beers will come a-knockin soon on Geno's door. :)

Reaction Score
Raegan is now following Ayanna Patterson
that's encouraging but her visit to Oklahoma and the news of the Oregon State associate head coach in negotiations at Oklahoma seems more than a mere coincidence......as always, I'd love to be wrong!!

Reaction Score
If Rueck couldn't get it done at Oregon State, I don't get why his star players would follow him to Oklahoma. Personally. If I was a star player who wanted a legitimate shot at a title I'd be looking to move on and up.
Why would OK fire their current coach who by all accounts is a rising star! Though I am interested to see what happens with Rueck and Oregon State, after their team has essentially imploded. Will they even have a team next year? If not, where will we see Rueck next? One wonders if he was approached by Tennessee?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
No, Donald, no....! Tis not over till the fat lady sings. And showing my age, I don't hear Dandy Don warming up behind the curtains, at least not yet..! So patience grasshopper, patience, the good guys are going to win out, Ms Beers will come a-knockin soon on Geno's door. :)
The fat lady, Kate Smith, is warming up to sing God Bless America at this very moment. Unfortunately, there won't be any door knocking. Hoping for the player from Boston University. If it is Chen, there will be no excitement for me. There just does not seem to be a need for her although, the coaching staff may think differently. I want to see the freshmen guards and Arnold and Shade get as much play time as possible. They have Paige and Fudd as veteran guards to learn from.

Reaction Score
Let's grant Raegan some measure of ability to think independently. She is comparison shopping - who wouldn't in her position? She is gathering data to make her decision. What does Storrs offer compared to OK? Is an OS associate head coach going to turn an OK program into what Storrs has to offer? I think unlikely. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
The fat lady, Kate Smith, is warming up to sing God Bless America at this very moment. Unfortunately, there won't be any door knocking. Hoping for the player from Boston University. If it is Chen, there will be no excitement for me. There just does not seem to be a need for her although, the coaching staff may think differently. I want to see the freshmen guards and Arnold and Shade get as much play time as possible. They have Paige and Fudd as veteran guards to learn from.

If Chen has the maturity of LLS then she would be a welcome arrival. Maybe it is the the highlights of her burying midrange jumpers like LLS that I like. LLS picked up the system quickly because she had a high BB IQ and Fairfield played a similar system. Playing for Berube gives Chen a good idea of what UConn runs and her BBIQ is reportedly also very high.
UConn will have seven 1st or 2nd year players next season. 2 of the upperclassmen are coming off injuries. Geno got a lesson in the 22/23 season. You never have enough guards.

It seems that Portal frustration has replaced the Strong decision angst as the top worry for a few. We should be doing backflips over the incoming class. And Geno has never missed on a transfer.

Reaction Score
that's encouraging but her visit to Oklahoma and the news of the Oregon State associate head coach in negotiations at Oklahoma seems more than a mere coincidence......as always, I'd love to be wrong!!
You don't know until you know. Perhaps the visit to Oklahoma was a courtesy visit for the associate head coach before heading to her "real destinations." Or not.

Reaction Score
Raegan is now following Ayanna Patterson
This is interesting because the three players I think that could have their playing time reduced the most from a Beers addition are Jana, Ice, and Ayanna. Personally I think Jana would get major minutes regardless as Beer's backup C and at the 4 as well, but when Aubrey is healthy, and with Sarah potentially playing at the 4, Ice and Ayanna would not be locks for the rotation.

On the other hand both have the ability to make significant leaps from their freshmen season's results and force their way into the lineup, and if either or both did, Sarah could be used where most needed, the 3 or the 4. That would be ideal.

Regardless it is a good sign that Raegan is now following at least one Uconn player, and after her Oklahoma visit.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Beers wasn’t promised enough playing time to come here.
Ha ha. Never promising playing time is an asset, not an issue. Geno sets realistic expectations which most value. UConn recruits smart players and they typically understand how their skills and objectives fit with elite programs.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
If Chen has the maturity of LLS then she would be a welcome arrival. Maybe it is the the highlights of her burying midrange jumpers like LLS that I like. LLS picked up the system quickly because she had a high BB IQ and Fairfield played a similar system. Playing for Berube gives Chen a good idea of what UConn runs and her BBIQ is reportedly also very high.
UConn will have seven 1st or 2nd year players next season. 2 of the upperclassmen are coming off injuries. Geno got a lesson in the 22/23 season. You never have enough guards.

It seems that Portal frustration has replaced the Strong decision angst as the top worry for a few. We should be doing backflips over the incoming class. And Geno has never missed on a transfer.
Yes, he has. The player who transferred at the same time as "Z" did. She transferred from Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you would like to rethink your comment regarding coach rueck (couldn’t get it done at Oregon State)
You do realize that osu got to the elite eight
And played a very competitive game with the national champion and at one time this year, which rank is higher a second in the country
I stand by what I said based on his results over the past years. Although they have sometimes made the E8 & S16 (and had one miracle run to the FF along with Syracuse and Washington in 2015-16), they have not been consistent. Before this past season, the last 2 seasons they did not even make the tournament.

Anyone can beat anyone just looking at one single game. That’s not a measuring stick for me. I look at the years where they were getting bounced in the second round of the tournament or not making it at all.

Again, it’s the consistency for me.

Reaction Score
Chen would not appear on my list as well.

Reaction Score
I stand by what I said based on his results over the past years. Although they have sometimes made the E8 & S16 (and had one miracle run to the FF along with Syracuse and Washington in 2015-16), they have not been consistent. Before this past season, the last 2 seasons they did not even make the tournament.

Anyone can beat anyone just looking at one single game. That’s not a measuring stick for me. I look at the years where they were getting bounced in the second round of the tournament or not making it at all.

Again, it’s the consistency for me.
Well, but you’re measuring stick about 95% of the coaches in this country don’t get it done
I could research it, but I doubt there are 20 active coaches. It actually made it to the final four.
What do each zero

Reaction Score
No lineup analysis, please. Use one of the other 3,563 threads for that.

UConn recruiting speculation welcome here
If not beers or weimers for those two last spots, has there ever been a whisper of overseas players, such as Lynn Anique Peters from the Netherlands?

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
, but when Aubrey is healthy, and with Sarah potentially playing at the 4, Ice and Ayanna would not be locks for the rotation.
Aubrey not really a 4, she has had to play there during her career at UConn during to our shortage of bigs. Like our reserve power forward, Bueckers, she does a great job there.

Funny on Aubrey, in high school she ran the Caitlyn Clark Iowa offense at Ossinning, NY playing the role of CC at point. She even shot and made 3s.

In college and pro her true spot is 3. I'm always waiting for her to break out as an all-american. The ability is in there that we see in spurts.

Reaction Score

Not sure if this is a prediction or if they know something we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom