UConn offers Marial Mading | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn offers Marial Mading

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Dunno, I see 4 rebounds in there. That's decidedly not Polley.

Heh. This is JUCO, there are a lot of shots. His team is averaging 49 rebounds per game. He's played 11.8% of his team's minutes and gotten 8.2% of his team's rebounds. Not good for a tall guy.

Reaction Score
His feet are very, very good for a guy that size. He plays like a Euro-big.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
he has talent and if he commits to UConn and plays here, that is not a bad thing as it means Coach Hurley likes him a lot

Reaction Score

UConn still involved. Evan Daniels mentioned Hurley will be looking in JUCO ranks. Keep eye out for him.

“Schools include SDSU, Nevada, LSU, Cincinnati, UConn, Colorado, just to name a few,” he told Stockrisers.com. He said LSU recently reached out and will be in to see him soon.

UConn is only mentioned once. Seems like UConn was probably included in the tweet for clicks IMO.

Mading is a project. He’s a 6’11 wing/stretch 4 with some touch so his upside is high, but he wouldn’t be able to contribute to the team this year had he been here. Shooting 27% from 3 and averaging below 8 REB/40 in JUCO.

Reaction Score
Honestly these stringbean bigs are like gold mines when it comes to recruiting. Can turn them into offensive scoring machines or defensive studs like Akok.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is only mentioned once. Seems like UConn was probably included in the tweet for clicks IMO.
I agree. Just thought I’d post it bc Daniels mentioned UConn might go JUCO and this is the only guy I can think of/ was just posted today. Much better chance of Etienne than him. Don’t think UConn has been in to see him for a while.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Honestly these stringbean bigs are like gold mines when it comes to recruiting. Can turn them into offensive scoring machines or defensive studs like Akok.

I mean, the one's who pan out are few and far between. We got a good one with Akok. His rating reflected it.

Reaction Score
Can he pay defense. That's what Madre brunar look like a good fit for one year.

Offensively, he's nice. But would need to add some muscle.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Young Weingarten needs to watch his autocorrect.
Was Jake Weingarten the lead voice on the Dylan Cardwell weekend "visit" to Storrs? I believe he had some prior post last fall that didn't end well.

Reaction Score
From what I hear UConn is still involved. Former Hurley recruit as well.
considering he signed with Rhode Island I believe while Hurley was there, I wouldn't see an issue why Dan wouldn't wanna go back into him. We lost Akok for a while, aren't we looking for a big that can provide offensive firepower? Mading would be the man

Reaction Score
considering he signed with Rhode Island I believe while Hurley was there, I wouldn't see an issue why Dan wouldn't wanna go back into him. We lost Akok for a while, aren't we looking for a big that can provide offensive firepower? Mading would be the man

Your timing is off. Rhode Island became involved in the summer of 2018. Mading committed to them October of 2018, enrolled for the 2019 Spring semester, and then left URI in May of 2019.

Reaction Score
Isn't it three? Josh, Whaley, Polley
bouk might also be gone after next season along with the grad transfer we get this summer(???) so that would be 5
2021-2022 freshman class has 5 spots
i think it assumes gilbert will be back next year and then gone in 2021. it also doesnt have javonte listed. hopefully we sign 2 more guys this year but 1 will probably(???) be a grad transfer who's gone by 2021. bouk also might be gone. so that's 5 but not in the way the grid presumes

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Remember Amida Brimah came in as a project his freshman year and he was a huge piece to our run to a 4th title. With Akok out for probably half of next season having another shot blocking big will be huge. Then when Akok joins in that team could be terrifying. Long athletic shot blockers and skilled guards. Next year could be at least a sweet 16 run.

C

Chief00

A big that shoots three is not a bad thing at all.
The game has changed, some day it will swing back to the game that Chief likes but for now it’s changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

2021-2022 freshman class has 5 spots but assuming 1 or 2 will get filled THIS class there will be 3 which is still more than enough should someone leave which is unlikely but something to always have in the back of your mind.

View attachment 47220

Where‘s Javonte Brown Ferguson?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The game has changed, some day it will swing back to the game that Chief likes but for now it’s changed.

Only if they move back the 3pt line significantly and eliminate the corner 3. BBall is metrics driven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom