UConn Offers JuCo PG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Offers JuCo PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@KevinRDuffy: UConn JuCo target Jeff Newberry lists West Virginia, Kansas, Oklahoma St, Memphis, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, LSU as other schools w/interest

Reaction Score
wow cancels his Memphis visit but gets an offer from KO and he's coming right away? Sounds pretty good to me...................but then again..........
Memphis just got a commitment from a four star point guard this weekend.

Reaction Score
Although I wouldn't compare him talent wise as of now his game reminds me a lot of Andre Miller from Utah when in college. Pretty good size, high dribble but controlled and a real nice cross over with the ability to either shoot it or take it to the hoop and find open people......I know it' s video hilights but he looks like he has nice game and just plays!

Reaction Score
don't want to derail the thread but has anyone ever checked out the highlights of Jamill Powell from Bridgeport? He's on the same Juco team as Newberry, kid has crazy range. Look at where he's shooting from at the 1:00 minute mark...

Reaction Score
A while ago but al Frederick was awesome and Willie mccloud had his moments

Reaction Score
don't want to derail the thread but has anyone ever checked out the highlights of Jamill Powell from Bridgeport? He's on the same Juco team as Newberry, kid has crazy range. Look at where he's shooting from at the 1:00 minute mark...

I think Kevin Duffy did a story about Powell for the CT Post not too long ago. Sounds like he was a great talent out of high school but didn't have the grades. I don't have a link but the article made it sound like he was tearing it up in JuCo.

Reaction Score
I really like this offer.

It stills gives us the option to go hard after Dorsey in 2014 while filling our more immediate need for a PG in case Boatright bolts for the draft. It also helps in case Purvis or Samuels don't pan out as expected without locking up that position with a four year commit that is only a back up plan.

Right now it seems like a few of these of high level recruits are sleeping on Uconn. Maybe because of us not playing in the Big East or NCAA tournament (last year). A few of them will will live to regret their decision.

Calhoun built this program and hand picked his successor for a reason. This ensures that Uconn is and will always be a Top level program regardless of our conference affiliation. I am not worried if we miss out on a few of our top targets. This program will not die, we will RELOAD.

Reaction Score
Before I respond, I just need to know if you were born after 2000 or if you were detained in a Turkish prison around the turn of the century.

Fishy how could you say this to a fellow Admiral. Who is your Sr. 84

Reaction Score
I really like this offer.

It stills gives us the option to go hard after Dorsey in 2014 while filling our more immediate need for a PG in case Boatright bolts for the draft. It also helps in case Purvis or Samuels don't pan out as expected without locking up that position with a four year commit that is only a back up plan.

Right now it seems like a few of these of high level recruits are sleeping on Uconn. Maybe because of us not playing in the Big East or NCAA tournament (last year). A few of them will will live to regret their decision.

Calhoun built this program and hand picked his successor for a reason. This ensures that Uconn is and will always be a Top level program regardless of our conference affiliation. I am not worried if we miss out on a few of our top targets. This program will not die, we will RELOAD.
Exactly

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Not bad driving the ball either....at the beginning of the video, they list him as 6'6" and a PG/SG or SG/PG.

Reaction Score
Have we heard anything additional about a potential visit? I know there was some talk about next week...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I was critical of a mixtape posted yesterday, but that was good. Kid has a nice handle and smooth shot that he can make from apparently anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom