UConn Offers JuCo PG | The Boneyard

UConn Offers JuCo PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
been seeing his name on twitter alot with HMs involved, was wondering if the staff would look that way

pj

Reaction Score
I like the idea. Fills needed depth at PG if Boatright leaves or Purvis or Samuel aren't enough.

How much eligibility does he have? It sounds like he redshirted one year at Ole Miss and is playing 3 years at junior college (1 at NE Oklahoma and 2 at New Mexico JC) which would leave only 1 year, am I right?

Reaction Score
Any of Ollie's point guard recruits are fine with me. Did something happen to his left knee? He seems to be wearing some sort of support.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like the idea. Fills needed depth at PG if Boatright leaves or Purvis or Samuel aren't enough.

How much eligibility does he have? It sounds like he redshirted one year at Ole Miss and is playing 3 years at junior college (1 at NE Oklahoma and 2 at New Mexico JC) which would leave only 1 year, am I right?
I think he was only a walk-on at Ole Miss, but I don't know if not being on scholarship plays into his eligibility.

Reaction Score
Obviously the staff thinks we're going to strike out on the top 2014 PG talent. This could be a decent stop-gap in case Samuel isn't up to the challenge of being a high-level point guard in 2014 and Boat doesn't return (I give no credence to the idea of Purvis running the point full time).

It also shouldn't scare away any top 2015 PG's, which have now moved from "would be nice" to "absolutely have to have".

Reaction Score

I don't think you can play 3 years of JUCO since junior colleges are only 2 year schools.

Reaction Score
I see he just cancelled his upcoming visit to Memphis. He's got Texas Tech and Texas A&M in to see him today.

Reaction Score
I think it'll be hard for us to land a top '14 pg with Purvus as a PG waiting in the cut. Whether or not he's ready to do that is inconsequential; those are the rumors since he transfered here from NC STATE. That's not even adding boat to the equation.

U

UCONNfan1

Obviously the staff thinks we're going to strike out on the top 2014 PG talent. This could be a decent stop-gap in case Samuel isn't up to the challenge of being a high-level point guard in 2014 and Boat doesn't return (I give no credence to the idea of Purvis running the point full time).

It also shouldn't scare away any top 2015 PG's, which have now moved from "would be nice" to "absolutely have to have".
This was my thought exactly. Also seems to indicate that the staff feels Snider is a long shot at this point. I'm still not clear if Purvis is our PG of the future. If so, he has 3 years eligibility to play at UCONN. I fully expect we need some depth, but I think it's unrealistic for someone to come here knowing he may be behind Boat AND Purvis on the depth chart. We may have a much better shot at the 2015 kids.

Reaction Score
Bi="James, post: 686806, member: 254"]I think it'll be hard for us to land a top '14 pg with Purvus as a PG waiting in the cut. Whether or not he's ready to do that is inconsequential; those are the rumors since he transfered here from NC STATE. That's not even adding boat to the equation.[/quote]

Bingo, I said it in a different post. Bottom line Ollie can't say there will be plenty of playing time next year. Boat can say all he wants that he is NBA ready. But he has to prove it. So getting a commit in the fall from a top prospect is going to be difficult and it looks like it isn't going to happen. Unfortunately this year the top PT prospects are committing early.

Reaction Score
Danzzjudo?st: 686871 said:
Jucos always look like legit players against other jucos. I don't like them and I can't think of a single UConn juco that ever helped much. This is not a good sign.

Was Caron a juco?

Reaction Score
AdamZagoria
JUCO G @Newberry_22 tells @SNYtv he plans to visit #UConn this week or next week after picking up an offer today
9/9/13 6:58 PM

wow cancels his Memphis visit but gets an offer from KO and he's coming right away? Sounds pretty good to me...................but then again..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom