UConn offers Emmitt Matthews Jr. 3* 6'6 SF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn offers Emmitt Matthews Jr. 3* 6'6 SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People here know nothing other than recruiting rankings, form services which themselves often have no idea what they are doing. I mostly ignore rankings for guys outside at consensus top 50 and look at offers, the offers a kid has tell me more bout a kid than recruiting services.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think there are people here who have convinced themselves these recruiting services just throw together rankings like there's no thought or scouting put into it. Every kid is ranked where they are because of their scouts consensus.

Reaction Score
I think there are people here who have convinced themselves these recruiting services just throw together rankings like there's no thought or scouting put into it. Every kid is ranked where they are because of their scouts consensus.

It's just not possible for these services to see everyone. After 100 it gets very shaky. Now I don't see it as a positive he's not in the top 100. Just isn't a deal breaker.

Reaction Score

It's not his thrown together, but I think you might be overselling their abilities too. Some kids don't get a lot of exposure because of where they play. And some kids games aren't really well suited to aau and they don't perform well.

Reaction Score
It is impossible to rank every high school player in the country, thats why ESPN stops after 100. They'll get a list of 150-200 players and decide who they feel are the best 100 players, everybody else gets 3 or 4 stars. It might be easy to chose the best 50, but after that it becomes more difficult to separate the player considering that they mostly see these kid in the summer during AAU and thats their main source of scouting.

Reaction Score
For example in 247 rankings

Keshawn Justice is 114 offers from Northern Iowa wisconsin Green Bay wright st drake etc

Talen Horton Tucker is 161 offers from Illinois Kansas Michigan st Ohio st TCU Georgetown.

Horton Tucker is WAY better then Justice. All the rankings have head scratching stuff like that.

Reaction Score
Obviously there is a lot of information that go into the rankings. And much more often than not they are very good predictors of success. But just like drafts in every professional sport they are not fool proof. Every year there are some lower ranked recruits who have better careers than much higher ranked recruits. You have to trust your coaching staff's ability to scout talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom