UConn offers Emmitt Matthews Jr. 3* 6'6 SF | The Boneyard

UConn offers Emmitt Matthews Jr. 3* 6'6 SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Washington Supreme (UA) stats this summer: 26 MIN/G, 13.9 PPG, 47% FG, 36% 3P (4.1 3PA), 85% FT, 5.5 REB, .94 STL, .44 BLK.

Seems like he's a good shooter and good athlete. Well rounded type but isn't great in any one particular area. Nice shooting percentages at a relatively high usage rate too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice lefty stroke. Before the 3 star recriminations start, I trust the staff thinks he's underrated or has a high ceiling.
He's been getting some nice offers and was apparently a known commodity in the UA circuit. I'm not worried about his ranking either, the numbers speak for themselves. Another guy ranked lower than Mucius with flat out better numbers.

Hopefully Chillious has remained in touch with his Washington connections.

Wichita State has offered and also got a commitment from his AAU teammate Erik Stevenson.

pj

Reaction Score
He's been getting some nice offers and was apparently a known commodity in the UA circuit. I'm not worried about his ranking either, the numbers speak for themselves. Another guy ranked lower than Mucius with flat out better numbers.

Hopefully Chillious has remained in touch with his Washington connections.

Wichita State has offered and also got a commitment from his AAU teammate Erik Stevenson.

The rankings, and offer lists, are so focused on NBA potential these days. So many college coaches are trying to compete with Calipari's "I can get you to the NBA" story, and they need athletes to have a chance. If you're a good skilled player but don't have standout athleticism, you're under-rated compared to guys like Mucius or Enoch who have NBA bodies but haven't yet developed the ability to produce.

Guys like Matthews and Landers Nolley are the kind of players KO needs to help rebuild UConn's brand. Get some solid players who will win games and gain time to mature as a coach.

I like the recruiting since Chillious arrived, even though they haven't been closing seems like they are finding a lot of good players and making a good impression.

Reaction Score
Even our best classes have had 3 star recruits. As a center piece, it's not ideal. If you can snag a couple other top 100 kids, the optics are much different and suddenly it's a valuable get.
Don't confuse these guys with reality
I was amazed at the number of 3 stars we've had going back 15 years
Some turned into players others faded into the night

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Don't confuse these guys with reality
I was amazed at the number of 3 stars we've had going back 15 years
Some turned into players others faded into the night

A lot of time it all depends on whether they want to put in the work

Reaction Score
According to verbal commits he has offers from Georgetown West Virginia seton hall Washington Washington state Wichita st.

Good numbers on a good circuit. And looks good in the video. Yes I would take him. And would convince myself to be very happy.

I would judge kids on their offers not so much their ranking.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
How can anyone complain about a 3* kid? Rutgers has out recruited uconn so far for 18

Reaction Score
Like what I saw, cerebral player at 6'6" with a good J and handle. What can go wrong?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Jumper looks nice. Ball handling in traffic may be suspect. Seems to avoid contact by taking the 4 to 8 foot shot on drives in the half court instead of going to the rack. But if he can hit the 3 at something over 40%, we need him. Badly.

Reaction Score
Even our best classes have had 3 star recruits. As a center piece, it's not ideal. If you can snag a couple other top 100 kids, the optics are much different and suddenly it's a valuable get.
And which top 25 recruit are we getting that can be the centerpiece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom