UConn offers AJ Griffin (5* Wing) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn offers AJ Griffin (5* Wing)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, we see what he accomplished once he got energized after losing in the F4/missing out on recruits. True, he had some bad luck but that’s why you have a little depth. Not that he’s ever played more than 8 really, but he had like 3 or 4.
Yeah, but all those kids were lined up and waiting for their seasons to end to announce. It's not he like just went out got them after the Final 4.

Scuttlebutt is that there may be one piece left for 2019. I'd assume that will be a big. Hearing anything?

Reaction Score
Is he playing for anyone this weekend? Not running for PSA again it looks like.

Reaction Score
If we clone his Dad, we have one gritty solid 4 year player. That’s fab

And Geno? Cmon. He’s 24/7 on his Program. Whenever he’s not top an dominant ... it’s a peculiar fail on something he tried. He’s not taking anything off his fastball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And Geno? Cmon. He’s 24/7 on his Program. Whenever he’s not top an dominant ... it’s a peculiar fail on something he tried. He’s not taking anything off his fastball.

@Chief00 is just still bitter about Title IX all these years later.

C

Chief00

If we clone his Dad, we have one gritty solid 4 year player. That’s fab

Geno is obviously self motivated but we all need a kick in the pants or self kick every now and then - especially at Geno’s age.

C

Chief00

@Chief00 is just still bitter about Title IX all these years later.
Chief knows Geno, good guy. But, that doesn’t change Chief’s opinion of First Night. Although, as I have said before, it’s a great night out for the Casual Fans. However, its not competitive basketball. Chief has accepted it as a means to expand the fan base but not Chief’s thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Neil Ostrout of the JI was looking hard for something to write about the Huskies.

Griffin’s father is a former college teammate of UConn coach Dan Hurley, and his sister is about to begin her career with the Huskies women’s program.

Griffin is far from committing to play for the Huskies or anywhere else at this point as he’s just finished his sophomore year of high school. But he knows some see UConn has a good fit for him, perhaps starting with his sister Aubrey.

“I know she likes it,” Griffin said with a laugh by phone Tuesday afternoon.

Will Griffins be a UConn sister-brother act?

Reaction Score
Chief knows Geno, good guy. But, that doesn’t change Chief’s opinion of First Night. Although, as I have said before, it’s a great night out for the Casual Fans. However, its not competitive basketball. Chief has accepted it as a means to expand the fan base but not Chief’s thing.

I suspect the real reason for the dual First Night was the bad look each would have had with lots of empty seats had they continued with separate First Nights.
Take a look at attendance for the men and women the last five or more years. Too many games on TV, too few good opponents, too poor a record (men), aging of the diehards with few replacements from the younger grads or residents, apathy on the part of students, yadda, yadda , yadda.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The grind continues and you can start to see how the pieces may start to fit in the puzzle. As Chief has been saying - be patient - it’s a process - good things will happen.
Chief, why don't you call it recruiting? That is what you're talking about, correct? I'll take another guess -- recruiting involves the mens bball coaching staff and the grind is you making vague comments like be patient - it's a process and the always insightful - good things will happen. Maybe I'm casually off base. If so, enlighten the Yard on the specifics of THE GRIND. If you don't want to answer my question I'll be patient because I now know that it is a process and that good things will happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect the real reason for the dual First Night was the bad look each would have had with lots of empty seats had they continued with separate First Nights.
Take a look at attendance for the men and women the last five or more years. Too many games on TV, too few good opponents, too poor a record (men), aging of the diehards with few replacements from the younger grads or residents, apathy on the part of students, yadda, yadda , yadda.
If I were to guess I think it's cutting the overhead in half for what is, essentially, a glorified pep rally. Why do two of them?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Neil Ostrout of the JI was looking hard for something to write about the Huskies.

Griffin’s father is a former college teammate of UConn coach Dan Hurley, and his sister is about to begin her career with the Huskies women’s program.

Griffin is far from committing to play for the Huskies or anywhere else at this point as he’s just finished his sophomore year of high school. But he knows some see UConn has a good fit for him, perhaps starting with his sister Aubrey.

“I know she likes it,” Griffin said with a laugh by phone Tuesday afternoon.

Will Griffins be a UConn sister-brother act?

Has a good fit? They really have fired all the editors these days.

C

Chief00

If I were to guess I think it's cutting the overhead in half for what is, essentially, a glorified pep rally. Why do two of them?

The inner Chief says why do any? But, I get the rationale - expand the fan base with Casual Fans. The recruits it may appeal to aren’t necessarily the ones you want to go to war with.
Does Chief think the expand the fan base theory is a successful narrative - of course not. However, I recognizes certain powers to be might.

C

Chief00

Chief, why don't you call it recruiting? That is what you're talking about, correct? I'll take another guess -- recruiting involves the mens bball coaching staff and the grind is you making vague comments like be patient - it's a process and the always insightful - good things will happen. Maybe I'm casually off base. If so, enlighten the Yard on the specifics of THE GRIND. If you don't want to answer my question I'll be patient because I now know that it is a process and that good things will happen.
Good questions -I may respond when I have some time and after some thought - then the thread will get locked again after another 24k views.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He also brought in Polish 6' 1" guard Ania (Anna) Makurat and has 2 transfers 6' 1" forward grad transfer Evelyn Adebayo (averaged 18 ppg 11 rpg and 9 blocks) and Tennessee leading scorer point guard 6' Evina Westbrook (#2 player in HS class behind UConn's Megan Walker.) He also picked up the # 1 US high school senior Paige Bueckers and top Croatian guard Nika Muhl for 2020. All of this in the past few weeks. Geno has been busy.
Is Evelyn related to Bam?

Reaction Score
With the NBA changing it’s rules for draft eligibility can we really still expect guys like this to come to college?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom