UCONN offers a new big man all 7'4" of him | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN offers a new big man all 7'4" of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
View attachment 6354

Yo Quero Tacko Bell! Ollie offer him![/QUOTE]

LOL, some of that looked comical. Like when he lifted up on the dunk and almost wrapped his legs around some small kid.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Based on extensive viewing of one clip each, I would take Jean-Marc Koumadje first, but would take Tacko as well. Koumadje moves so well....could be really good.

Reaction Score
QUOTE="Kitaman, post: 1010852, member: 67"]Hell after 1 year he already looks better than Taco.

Tacko has been my secret mystery guy the past 4+ months. Yes, I love tall shot blockers (surprise!). He's 7'5" but says he's still growing. I don't think he's been in the US a year yet. Literally, he said he never played basketball before setting foot in the US last summer/fall. Potential is great. He's from Senegal & wants to be a bio chemist from the interviews I've read. He seems quite intelligent too. Who wouldn't want a 2nd-3rd string Center to bring off the bench for 2015-2016 season that's 7'5" ?

View attachment 6354

Yo Quero Tacko Bell! Ollie offer him![/QUOTE]
Holy sh_t though dude, can he even see anything through those plate-glass specs?! Guy sounds like hes going to be successfully no matter what.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Tacko has some attitude out there...pushing some guys out of the way and getting away with it. He barely has to jump to dunk. I'm not sure he is fast enough to be a star, but that could improve with work as well.

I wonder how much Amida will discourage these guys from coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE Yo Quero Tacko Bell! Ollie offer him![/QUOTE]
Holy sh_t though dude, can he even see anything through those plate-glass specs?! Guy sounds like hes going to be successfully no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Check out this video... Tacko's teammate appears to be 7'0" Thon Maker in several of the highlights. Yeah, the possible #1 recruit for 2015/2016 is Maker.... You might not recognize Thon, since he seems dwarfed next to Tacko.... It may look like Tacko's playing against 4th graders, but he's playing against big guys. It's from the NBPA Top 1oo camp.

Tacko is from Senegal, same country as UC-Irvine's 7'5" Mamadou N'Diaye. Damn, I want some of that water!

He may be slower, but who is going to block him out?

Reaction Score
7'5" is starting to get into that range where people begin to have serious issues remaining healthy, just... physically, never mind basketball wise. Who knows, maybe he'll be fine, but it seems like just over 7 feet is a sweet spot for basketball.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think we can fill those 3 schollies with contributors this is like a 7 year project inorder to get 2-3 years max. Imo. If we sign him I hope he proves me wrong.

Reaction Score
He looks quite strong in that latter video, but the music is really bothering me. Shouldn't the soundtrack be "Putting on the ritz?"

Reaction Score
I think we can fill those 3 schollies with contributors this is like a 7 year project inorder to get 2-3 years max. Imo. If we sign him I hope he proves me wrong.

He's ready right now.

7 year project?

He's ready now.

Reaction Score
Tacko's teammate appears to be 7'0" Thon Maker in several of the highlights. Yeah, the possible #1 recruit for 2015/2016 is Maker.... You might not recognize Thon, since he seems dwarfed next to Tacko.... It may look like Tacko's playing against 4th graders, but he's playing against big guys. It's from the NBPA Top 1oo camp.

I would hate to be on the other team. Teaming up a 7'5" C with a 7'1" PF/C is just plain mean.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This guy is gonna be good. Could develop into a slightly less athletic Embiid. That's a first rounder, maybe even a late lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Tacko has some attitude out there...pushing some guys out of the way and getting away with it. He barely has to jump to dunk. I'm not sure he is fast enough to be a star, but that could improve with work as well.

I wonder how much Amida will discourage these guys from coming to UConn.

Why would he? He'll be a junior by the time they set foot on campus

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Why would he? He'll be a junior by the time they set foot on campus

The more notoriety they get, the more they will want immediate playing time. Chukwu looked elsewhere because UConn "already had a center." Koumadje will have a lot of choices.

Reaction Score
Jean Marc and Amidah with DHam, Stone, Enoch and our big guards?

I don't think this board will be begging for rebounds anymore ...

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
7-foot-3 Jean Marc 'Chris' Koumadje will visit UConn & Florida State in August. May take more...Story coming.
Wow, KO obviously made an immediate and huge impression on JMCK...now those letters roll right off you tongue...to have him already decide to take a visit to UConn. Hard not to like our chances based on our history with inexperienced and rapidly developing big men.

I don't remember a year where there were so many recruits that I wanted. It will be interesting to see what the 2015 class turns out to be. Now I know what a UK, Dook, KU and UNC fan feels like. ;) Yeah, I realize it's more perception than anything, but it just seems their fans talk as if they pick the recruits compared to the recruits picking them. All programs swing and miss on recruits, though UConn often would miss early on with some of the higher ranked kids, to end up landing later on some less heralded recruits such as Emeka, Thabeet, Brimah, etc. If only we could win some championships with those types of under-the-radar...um...nevermind! :p

Reaction Score

You're the only one sticking to this pt of view. That should raise some red flags for you.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE Yo Quero Tacko Bell! Ollie offer him!
Holy sh_t though dude, can he even see anything through those plate-glass specs?! Guy sounds like hes going to be successfully no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Check out this video... Tacko's teammate appears to be 7'0" Thon Maker in several of the highlights. Yeah, the possible #1 recruit for 2015/2016 is Maker.... You might not recognize Thon, since he seems dwarfed next to Tacko.... It may look like Tacko's playing against 4th graders, but he's playing against big guys. It's from the NBPA Top 1oo camp.

Tacko is from Senegal, same country as UC-Irvine's 7'5" Mamadou N'Diaye. Damn, I want some of that water!

He may be slower, but who is going to block him out?[/QUOTE]
Run him up and down the court till his tongue drags along the court.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
QUOTE="Kitaman, post: 1010852, member: 67"]Hell after 1 year he already looks better than Taco.

So is he allowed to hang on the rim? He's only about two inches off the ground when he dunks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32