UCONN offers a new big man all 7'4" of him | The Boneyard

UCONN offers a new big man all 7'4" of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Isn't this that scrub off montverde's bench? Watch his film he literally does nothing other than be extremely tall. You sure we offered?

Reaction Score
Some stuff from today:

@CourtsideFilms: 7-3 Jean Marc koumadje has put it down on a few ppls heads already

@Future150EricH: 7'3" C Jean Marc Koumadje is playing at a different level right now. Dunking over people, rebounding everything. Much improved. #Breakout14

@BreakoutClassic: Some real buzz tonight surrounding 7'4" big man Jean-Marc Koumadje. Showing ability as a rim protector and playing w/ confidence #Breakout14

@coreyevans_10: Defintion of a breakout....Jean Marc Koumadje wowwwww! 7'3 who moves like 6'5. Bout to have every HM offer #Breakout14

Reaction Score
JEAN-MARC KOUMADJE/7’3 Team Breakdown 2015

WOW. It happened at Montverde a few years back with Joel Embiid, but can it happen again this time with Jean-Marc Koumadje? The progressions that the African center has made within his game over the past several months is quite remarkable where, at powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida, the 7’3 big barely saw court action. In Philadelphia, JMK displayed unreal foot speed where he runs the floor more like a 6’5 guy, is quick to the rim on the dunk attempt, and his motor never wanes. Coming into the event fresh off a UCLA offer and potentially transferring to the Village School for his senior campaign, the import out of Africa, of whom has spent just eight months within the States, is about to enter himself into the blueblood culture with multiple elite level, high-major offers.

http://hoopsintel.sportswar.com/2014/07/10/reebok-breakout-challenge-day-1/

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have zero problem going after a kid with a ton of potential. Thabeet may be close to a bust in the NBA but he was terrific for UCONN while here. We aren't going to find Drummond's every year but even if the kid ends up not developing, it's a great risk to take on a 7'4" athletic guy...

Reaction Score
Isn't this that scrub off montverde's bench? Watch his film he literally does nothing other than be extremely tall. You sure we offered?

yes, we offered. he is breaking out big time right now. i think i'll trust the coaching staffs' take on him over yours.

Reaction Score
I think people are forgetting KO has 13 scholarships to use now, we can afford to have a few guys who won't be impact players until their Junior or Senior years

Reaction Score
Bianciardi weighs in on what he saw plus some extra UConn related stuff:

Big Man encore

While the Stone/Labissiere matchup took top billing Wednesday night, the encore featured late-blooming big men Steve Enoch and Jean Marc Christ Koumadje who have been the subject of wide-ranging interest and offers this spring. They drew the attention of virtually every high-major head coach in the gym on Wednesday night. Koumadje, who landed an offer from UCLA just last week, added one from the defending national champions after his performance Wednesday. Though raw and lean, the 7-foot-3 center changes ends extremely well, is very athletic around the rim and assertive on both ends of the floor. Enoch didn’t make quite the same impact initially, but made his presence felt in the third quarter, hitting a three-pointer off pick-and-pop action and using his strength to muscle Koumadje off his sweet spots.

One year later

It was exactly one year ago that ESPN 100 small forward Derrick Jones, than just a rising junior, lived up to the name of the event by “breaking out” with offers from Kentucky and Kansas. Ironically, those offers almost stalled his recruitment as most other schools considered Jones to be beyond their reach. His recruitment started to pick up again this spring. He visited Connecticut unofficially last month and is hoping to see Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, Indiana, and Louisville following the evaluation period. All six schools followed him on Wednesday night. UConn and Kentucky were both three coaches deep while Louisville had two. Kansas, Florida, and Indiana all had assistants watching as well. Jones didn’t disappoint as he was all over the rim on the offensive end, showing his trademark athleticism, while also making some soft pull-ups.

Reaction Score
So, how many Hilton units are we talking about here?;)
By how many Lubin units?

Personally I love the Africans. Most have amazing attitudes and work ethics, with real perspective on life and success. Some of them might not know their A from their elbow their first few years on the court, but when was the last time you saw one, sulking, criticizing, failing, cheating, etc?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A Dime Back - That is quite tall. RT @: UCONN offers Showtime Ballers 7'4 C Jean Marc Christ Koumadje

Vols basketball prospect: 7-foot-3 center Jean Marc Christ Koumadje

So he's 7'4" at UConn but only 7'3" at Tennessee? Well, I guess if you play for the defending national champions, you stand just a bit taller.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
QUOTE="Kitaman, post: 1010852, member: 67"]Hell after 1 year he already looks better than Taco.
[/QUOTE]

Tacko has been my secret mystery guy the past 4+ months. Yes, I love tall shot blockers (surprise!). He's 7'5" but says he's still growing. I don't think he's been in the US a year yet. Literally, he said he never played basketball before setting foot in the US last summer/fall. Potential is great. He's from Senegal & wants to be a bio chemist from the interviews I've read. He seems quite intelligent too. Who wouldn't want a 2nd-3rd string Center to bring off the bench for 2015-2016 season that's 7'5" ?

Tacko1.jpg

Yo Quero Tacko Bell! Ollie offer him!

Reaction Score
Check out this recent picture of Sim Bhullar next to DeMarcus Cousins this past week!
Cousins doesn't even look 6 foot. Creepy... LOL
SimB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member