UConn Offers 2016 Big Caleb Swanigan | The Boneyard

UConn Offers 2016 Big Caleb Swanigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score

6'-8" 265, has offers from Louisville, Zona, Mich State and others.

Chipwvuwag or whatever his name is will not be impressed.

Reaction Score
Not a single time in the video was he above the rim, but the way he ran and his post moves looked like a shorter, chubbier, Tim Duncan.

Reaction Score
looked like a shorter, chubbier, Tim Duncan.
His nickname here will be Tim Duncan Donuts.

Coach KO must be seeing something I'm missing, to be sure. Video was not impressive, IMO. Looked slow and earthbound. Fat and basketball excellence do not often coexist.

U

UCONNfan1

Good grief guys. Kid's a freshman in that video? Give him 3 more years to develop his body and what not. Not everyone looked like Okafor coming out of high school. Kid has ha soft touch, finishes with both hands, and can score even when getting mauled. Obviously he didn't look like a world beater, but if Ollie offered, there had to be something there he liked. The kid is all of 17 and people here are calling him fat and unimpressive. Nice.

Reaction Score
Knew i recognized the name from keeping up with the all the eybl sessions prince ali etc... kid has been putting in work for Spiece Indy, monster games averaging 18 and 11 boards. High skill level for age

Reaction Score
That dude couldn't jump over the UConn phone book. This is a head scratcher

Reaction Score
One of the top players on the AAU circuit. 10th in scoring at 18.1, FIRST in rebounding at 11.2 per game. Would be a huge pick up.

Reaction Score
I trust that he's good. But, the icing on the cake with that video was the ending when the kid hit a free throw. Is that a major accomplishment or something? Isn't it called a FREE throw after all?

Reaction Score
@evgeeker: S/O to 2015 @Biggs_Swanigan for picking an offer from Kevin Ollie and the defending champs UCONN Huskies!

It has been going around lately that UConn has been after him and they just offered. Also, he's listed as 2016 but will end up in 2015.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/185326/caleb-swanigan
Ollie playing the odds on these five star big guys. Offer them all a scholarships and one will say yes, Kentucky, Kansas and Duke already got theirs. Unfortnately, Brimah may be keeping some kid from committing and his shoulder is hurt. If he gets healthy, I think we are set for the two/three years.

Reaction Score
His nickname here will be Tim Duncan Donuts.

Coach KO must be seeing something I'm missing, to be sure. Video was not impressive, IMO. Looked slow and earthbound. Fat and basketball excellence do not often coexist.

Dont say that! He's gone to Providence and the dunkin donuts center now Fo Show

Reaction Score
Get a kick out of people who say "nothing above the rim" as if it means they can't be any good? I mean there are many bigs who play above the rim and can't make a freakin shot. He is like Jessie Govan from what I see, creates space, isn't particularly quick but knows where the basket is and that's a damn good thing for his age.

The funniest thing is how many wide bodied bigs over the years who didn't play above the rim ate our guys up? Yes our bigs who played above the rim……..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The updated video show improvement already and I just like the fact he never changes expression, has that will to finish all the time even with people draped all over him. Strong and good hands also are key and the left hand came into play in this video. For a 2016 kid i would jump all over him in a second despite only seeing him get over the rim a couple of times!;)

Reaction Score
Will be a stud at Uconn. A better scorer than each of Lubin, Nolan, and Amida who maybe gone, though, by the time he arrives at Storrs. KO judges well on character so he should a good fit with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
No reason, but kind of reminds me of Eric Hayward.

Reaction Score
With Lubin and Caleb in the lane UConn won't be given up lot of layups. There will be no space left in the lane for anyone to penetrate.
Its like squeezing a VW Bug between a cement mixer and steam roller.
Actually, we should make these guys play offensive line. Geno could run for a thousand yards behind these two.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Get a kick out of people who say "nothing above the rim" as if it means they can't be any good? I mean there are many bigs who play above the rim and can't make a freakin shot. He is like Jessie Govan from what I see, creates space, isn't particularly quick but knows where the basket is and that's a damn good thing for his age.

The funniest thing is how many wide bodied bigs over the years who didn't play above the rim ate our guys up? Yes our bigs who played above the rim……..:rolleyes:

ducking DuJuan Blair. Ate our 7'3 block machine for breakfast.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I trust that he's good. But, the icing on the cake with that video was the ending when the kid hit a free throw. Is that a major accomplishment or something? Isn't it called a FREE throw after all?

Hey, I'll take it. We just won an NC on the strength of god like free throw shooting. If he wants to showcase his one free throw, I'll take it. Hopefully, that wasn't a success story for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom