UConn offense #309 in the nation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn offense #309 in the nation

Reaction Score
I don't agree that we don't have any shooters.

Purvis Adams Jackson and vital can all knock down shots. I wouldn't say any of them are great shooters. But it's not like we have nobody with the ability to shoot the ball.

Part of the problem is that our offense is so bad that they're forced to take so many bad shots.

If we ran better sets and had some actual off the ball movement then they would get better looks.

Their 3 point percentages are all being dragged down by the number of awful shots they're all forced to take. And even after that they're still all ok from 3.

People act like we have a bunch of talieks out there. (No offense to him but we all know he wasn't much of a shooter).

It's the coaching staffs job to, you know, put guys in position to succeed. We havent seemed to be very good at doing that the last 3 years.

Gibbs was the be poy. And he comes here and all of a sudden he can't shoot? It's our offense.

Purvis knocks down shots, then doesn't and he has to be open. Jackson had open looks made one, short on everything tonight. Vital is inconsistent but makes a few here and there. Adams was making shots, he's hurt and by the way our only PG which is really key to an offense running. You aren't running any offense with Vital or Purvis running the point. And you see how Brimah and Facey have been playing, Facey can't make a play again for 2 weeks ad Brimah, well he's putrid.

Pretty simple, not sure what everyone's missing.

Reaction Score
Wait, Vance & Vital aren't shooters?

LOL

As awful as our shooting was... I think next season with an improved Vital, Vance, Adams, Gilbert and Larrier... our shooting will be fine

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The numbers are from the NCAA web site. So if you want to live in denial, fine. Take it up with the NCAA. Not me.

We score around 66 points and give up around 65 points per game.

But if you watch the games with your eyes open. We miss a ton of open shots. Until we we have guys that can knock down open shots, we will be a poor team.

On the other hand, our defense hasn't been that bad.

L. O. L.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom