UConn/Nova postponed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Nova postponed

Reaction Score
Actually it is relevant. Fans are quick to blame our home state and/or University, in light of the football season and what is perceived to be stricter protocols than necessary. The party responsible for the ppd is pretty important context.
If I were to take a stab at who is behind the postponement, I would probably say that it's because of the protocols in place by the State of Connecticut. Again, just a guess.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
While I would have liked to play them with them fresh off quarantine, I'm not too upset about it, because I am scheduled to have some pretty substantial surgery on Friday, and if I recall correctly, the TVs at the hospital don't get much in the way of sports channels. I don't think I would be in any shape or mood to try to watch it on my phone.

Reaction Score
At least it may give Bouknight a little more rest instead of probably having to play a ton of minutes in that game

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If I were to take a stab at who is behind the postponement, I would probably say that it's because of the protocols in place by the State of Connecticut. Again, just a guess.
Nova is in a double pause. They paused, planned to come back, then 10 days later had new cases.
This is why one should try not jumping to conclusions.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This is now Villanova's 9th game to be postponed/cancelled (2020-21 Villanova Wildcats Schedule | ESPN). They also have not played since December 23rd. Yet, they've still played 9 games.

Beating a dead horse here, but we need to find a replacement for the the 15th (or that weekend).
I’d like to see UConn move it’s game at Xavier on 2/13 to this coming Thursday to replace Fridays Nova game.

Xavier was supposed to play Nova this coming Wednesday and now have an opening in their schedule too.

We play this Monday & the following Monday. Xavier plays tomorrow and next Sunday. Thursday is a good comprise for both teams.

With so many unknowns, we can’t take for granted the 2/13 game will happen, so assuming both teams are Covid clear, we should play it while we know we can. Also opens up a later date to make up the Nova game.

I know this makes way too much sense, so it would never happen, but worth throwing it out there.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Get as many games in as you can while you can.

Without a bubble we are destined for repeated interruptions.
Yes, but there is a faction whose first instinct is to blame the protocols set up our DOH and Governor for other program's pauses, presumably, based on the football season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom