UConn/Nova postponed | The Boneyard

UConn/Nova postponed

Reaction Score
Has Nova had any new infections? Last I saw the current CDC recommendation is a 10 day quarantine, Nova went on pause 1/4 and our game is scheduled for 1/15.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Has Nova had any new infections? Last I saw the current CDC recommendation is a 10 day quarantine, Nova went on pause 1/4 and our game is scheduled for 1/15.

The NCAA and state of CT has more strict requirements

Reaction Score

The Wildcats began a COVID-10 pause on Jan. 4 and will not complete their quarantine in time to play this game. Villanova's next scheduled game is vs. Seton Hall, on Jan. 19 at Finneran Pavilion (9 p.m. on FS1 and 95.7 Ben FM).

Reaction Score
This actually may benefit us in the long run. It gives us 3 consecutive games that are absolutely winnable (Butler, DePaul, SJU). A golden opportunity to get more Quadrant 2 and Quadrant 3 game reps, which we desperately need.

If we can take care of business, we would enter the Xavier game at 8-1, and likely have a nice number next to our name courtesy of the Associated Press.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Figures. Biggest game of year. Friday night prime time tip. Was gonna meet up with the fellas and enjoy the game. Unreal They better fill it with somebody. Still 14-day quarantine Huh? Thought it was 10? We absolutely can look forward to nothing this year unless it’s the day of. We still don’t really kno if this was UConn’s doing or novas.

Reaction Score
I like to mentally prepare myself for bad news. With that said, the possibility of this season being postponed or cancelled exists. It may be small, but it's there.

For us that would sting a bit. We would immediately transition from a solid team into a rebuilding team with small chances to make the tournament. We will be losing some solid players this off-season.

Sort of an odd indication of progress. We may actually be good enough this year for our off-season player loses to actually matter.

Reaction Score
I was going to say these next three weekends are going to be amazing sports-wise. UConn games to begin and end the weekend , with nfl playoffs sandwiched in between -plus bcs championship Monday night.. but....

Reaction Score
Is it confirmed that Nova cancelled this game? Was really looking forward to a Friday night game. Hopefully the Big East has the capacity to get us a game that night. Exactly a week away so hope they start looking into it now.

Reaction Score
Beating a dead horse here, but we need to find a replacement for the the 15th (or that weekend).
Absolutely. The women's team just did that. They filled in a game against Seton Hall because their game against Xavier was postponed due to COVID in the Xavier program The men are going to have to do this or they're not going to get in enough games. Have to be flexible.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the question to be asked is by whose order?

Are state protocols preventing UConn from playing?
Is UConn saying we ain't playing you guys until 14 days clear?
Did the Big East cancel unilaterally?
Have there been more positives? Did Nova say, We ain't playin'."?

I'm not ready to place blame yet.

Reaction Score
This is now Villanova's 9th game to be postponed/cancelled (2020-21 Villanova Wildcats Schedule | ESPN). They also have not played since December 23rd. Yet, they've still played 9 games.

Beating a dead horse here, but we need to find a replacement for the the 15th (or that weekend).
That's not really any different from UConn, you're comparing it to UConn's total now but we're going to play 2 more games during their pause and possibly 3 if we replace Villanova on the 15th. So that's 8 or 9 games

Reaction Score
I think the question to be asked is by whose order?

Are state protocols preventing UConn from playing?
Is UConn saying we ain't playing you guys until 14 days clear?
Did the Big East cancel unilaterally?
Have there been more positives? Did Nova say, We ain't playin'."?

I'm not ready to place blame yet.
And to answer your question about whose order...simple answer is that it's irrelevant. They aren't changing their minds. It's postponed and placing blame is futile. Hopefully we can find a replacement game.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
So much great news today...

Reaction Score
The NCAA and state of CT has more strict requirements
Last I looked Villanova was in Pennsylvania. Plus when we quarantined we postpone a post quarantine game because the team hadn’t practiced together for a while. But even if it is a 10 day quarantine it would be very tight especially since you don’t actually know that you have no more cases until the time is completed. But I get it. The politically correct thing is to blame the governor and State Health Dept. It would never be the fact that there is a worldwide pandemic and people are trying against all sorts of pushback to get it under control. I have an in-law who is a doc in LA. Well was semi retired but is back full time in a major medical center there. They are telling paramedics not to bring patients there because they can’t handle any more. But hey, now we all have to find something else to do on Saturday. Oh the humanity.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And to answer your question about whose order...simple answer is that it's irrelevant. They aren't changing their minds. It's postponed and placing blame is futile. Hopefully we can find a replacement game.
Actually it is relevant. Fans are quick to blame our home state and/or University, in light of the football season and what is perceived to be stricter protocols than necessary. The party responsible for the ppd is pretty important context.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom