UConn NOT in top 40 ESPN class of 2014 rankings? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn NOT in top 40 ESPN class of 2014 rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The new Big East, the SEC, the Big 10 and the ACC have all done very well.

The PAC 12 and Big 12 will likely be about equal when all is said and done.

The Mountain West, WCC and AAC were laggards.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
I suppose Uconn will just have to go out and win another championship to prove its worth.

Reaction Score
I put much more weight in the fact the new Big Least has only 1 team ranked in the top 25 poll that matters. Yes thats 4%

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But you'll find 8 of the top 100 and 2 of the top 10 to AAC schools. Another 4 in the next 100.

This was a post attempting to put a positive spin on AAC recruiting. And the best you could do was saying that the AAC had 12 out of the Top 200. And it turns out that even that paltry number was overstated. Great.

Reaction Score
I am wondering where Uconn mom is with our Lubin updates. I have a strange feeling he is going to be another Brimah- meaning he should have been a top 100 kid if anyone even knew he played ball outside KO and the staff,

All these rankings are such BS when you get out side the top kids. If Lubin had been signed by UNC or Dook he would be ranked- heck if he had been signed by JC he would be ranked.

Reaction Score
This was a post attempting to put a positive spin on AAC recruiting. And the best you could do was saying that the AAC had 12 out of the Top 200. And it turns out that even that paltry number was overstated. Great.

No, it wasn't overstated. I was using the composite. Fishy is using Telep. Totally different things. And while the BE is doing great with 0-50, they still don't have a single Mudiay or Hamilton. What's the difference between 50-100 and 100-150 anyway?

Reaction Score
Listen, the AAC is not going to draw recruits, so there is no point analyzing the conference rankings seeing where the AAC stacks up against those with brand names, great venues, yada, yada. I am looking at Uconn singularly there, have zero care what smu or Ucf draws in. There is no vested interest there. At best, if stuck in this crapnest, maybe they become a Calipari/Memphis/Cusa type team on the hoops side without the bags of cash and violations.

I am holding on by a string in that Uconn gets out of this hell hole of a conference in the near term. That is everything right now, all else is secondary IMO. Football is already shot, appeal as a fan there has already hit rock bottom. Irrelevance is just around the corner unless a solution is found. I'm all for ditching football if prospect looks bleak. Id rather salvage some tradition, success in one noteworthy sport than see two go down the bottomless pit known as the AAC.

We just lost a CT recruit to Cooley and Providence, again.

Reaction Score
Confused - we lost a football recruit to Cooley? I was not aware we were looking at anymore kids for 2014 in basketball- or are you referring to Chukwa? If so not sure we lost him- we just had AB and he did not want the comp at the 5 spot so he picked Pc.

Reaction Score
No, it wasn't overstated. I was using the composite. Fishy is using Telep. Totally different things. And while the BE is doing great with 0-50, they still don't have a single Mudiay or Hamilton. What's the difference between 50-100 and 100-150 anyway?
There is no difference whatsoever. Rack really may turn out to be a beast and he is not even ranked (6' 8" 245 as a Junior in HS)- very similar to AB as far as being under the radar. When you look at the top 100 kids and see how many of them move on to the next level- it really is the top 10-20 kids that make up the majority and the rest are the gems that developed in college.

I will take a class every year that has 2 top 50 type players and the rest is made up of other kids the staff loves. The one and done players are ruining the college game if you ask me (although it is no fault of theirs). I would not trade places with the Uk fans- they don't have teams anymore- they just have a very appealing bus stop (or lear jet stop).

Reaction Score
Listen, the AAC is not going to draw recruits, so there is no point analyzing the conference rankings seeing where the AAC stacks up against those with brand names, great venues, yada, yada. I am looking at Uconn singularly there, have zero care what smu or Ucf draws in. There is no vested interest there. At best, if stuck in this crapnest, maybe they become a Calipari/Memphis/Cusa type team on the hoops side without the bags of cash and violations.

I am holding on by a string in that Uconn gets out of this hell hole of a conference in the near term. That is everything right now, all else is secondary IMO. Football is already shot, appeal as a fan there has already hit rock bottom. Irrelevance is just around the corner unless a solution is found. I'm all for ditching football if prospect looks bleak. Id rather salvage some tradition, success in one noteworthy sport than see two go down the bottomless pit known as the AAC.

We just lost a CT recruit to Cooley and Providence, again.

I think you're going to be surprised with the competition at the top. My concern is whether UConn can compete with Memphis and SMU, not the opposite. They are reeling in more highly ranked players than UConn. The bottom of the conference is beyond bad. No doubt.

If you look at football, this is a stronger conference than the old BE. UCF, SMU and Houston are all 3 stronger than Louisville, Pitt and Cuse. Cincy is Cincy. This fact has coincided with UConn sinking with the good ship Pasqualoni.

As for ditching football, you'd then face two factors: 1. Risking that the football schools split off into their own division (as they've recently threatened, and by all accounts, this is what they are building toward), and 2. Competing against football schools making $25 million a year while your school makes $4 million. No non-football school has won the national championship in eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom