UConn @ North Florida (Fri. 3/2/18@6:05p, Sat 3/3/18@2:05p>ESPN3, Sun 3/4/18@12:05p) | The Boneyard

UConn @ North Florida (Fri. 3/2/18@6:05p, Sat 3/3/18@2:05p>ESPN3, Sun 3/4/18@12:05p)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Saw them play UF. They burned one of their better pitchers from last year (Frank German) and still lost...UF's pitcher was awesome. UNF leads them in the rematch 1-0 right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean UConn should take 2/3 but UNF has some GOOD players.

Offensively, they're going to have to deal with Murphy primarily. Big pop, *legit* 6.4 speed. Yankees scout in Florida is a good friend of mine - he said Murphy's his mid-round sleeper guy. 6'3, 195 lbs, good arm to boot. .337 as a Freshman and bullied his way into the lineup and bent the prospect league over this past summer. He's absolutely a bonafide pro. He's good.

UConn's a little lucky they don't have to face German, that should make this easier. Depperman is legit though and is one of the 2 or 3 best pitchers in the series. Was a draft guy out of high school... He can get wild at times and he's battled through a lot of injuries, but his raw stuff is nasty. You might not see Bradford this weekend from them, too as he threw tonight as well. His stuff is off the charts good. A lot of people think he's the best pro prospect in his class in that conference. Arm runs it up to 93-95... bleeds up with his breaking stuff a little too much and scarfs a bit too much plate at times (that's how he gets hit) - but when he's on, he's as good a reliever as there is in college baseball. Def. won't see him Friday - you might see him Saturday. Should see him Sunday at some point. Polansky is kind of interesting, but he's more just funk than anything else. I think UConn can hit him pretty easily.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
SELU beat LSU last year... I'm telling you. They're REALLY good.

I was stunned at the quality of their midweek pitching. They may not have top of the line starting pitching talent that we have but holy cow, they are deep. Great crowd and atmosphere, too...that's a strong program

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean UConn should take 2/3 but UNF has some GOOD players.

Offensively, they're going to have to deal with Murphy primarily. Big pop, *legit* 6.4 speed. Yankees scout in Florida is a good friend of mine - he said Murphy's his mid-round sleeper guy. 6'3, 195 lbs, good arm to boot. .337 as a Freshman and bullied his way into the lineup and bent the prospect league over this past summer. He's absolutely a bonafide pro. He's good.

UConn's a little lucky they don't have to face German, that should make this easier. Depperman is legit though and is one of the 2 or 3 best pitchers in the series. Was a draft guy out of high school... He can get wild at times and he's battled through a lot of injuries, but his raw stuff is nasty. You might not see Bradford this weekend from them, too as he threw tonight as well. His stuff is off the charts good. A lot of people think he's the best pro prospect in his class in that conference. Arm runs it up to 93-95... bleeds up with his breaking stuff a little too much and scarfs a bit too much plate at times (that's how he gets hit) - but when he's on, he's as good a reliever as there is in college baseball. Def. won't see him Friday - you might see him Saturday. Should see him Sunday at some point. Polansky is kind of interesting, but he's more just funk than anything else. I think UConn can hit him pretty easily.
Great info man, strong scouting report. Hopefully this means the guys we see from UNF aren't their best starters. In that case, I'd say we'll have a major advantage in an important department.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would really like a sweep this week. The more noise UConn creates the harder it will be for publications, not named Baseball America, to leave them off of their Top 25

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The people running UNF’s FB said they will not be showing video, only audio

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Bummer....they could do it with a phone. Not that hard. Their A/V geeks are just not up to standard I guess.

Reaction Score
No video on UNF Facebook page, just audio. That sucks!!! Chris Jones it is!!!

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, Tim Cate gets 2 strikeouts while getting a 1-2-3 inning. Back to normal it sounds like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom