UConn NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/18/19-12/20/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/18/19-12/20/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wyant and Walker may be the 2 most important pieces of the class, both look like immediate starters Day 1. Walker is very mobile and Wyatt is a straight up masher, Mensah is going to have a ball running behind them.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many true freshmen will play next season.
I was wondering the same thing. Brewton could be the return man potentially. I think Evans and McCarthy have a chance. Chea looks physically ready with his size to help in the secondary. Those are the first four that come to mind for me. With basically Mensah as the lone RB that saw any time, you have to imagine the two freshman will get opportunities to prove themselves as well.

Anyone know how many will be enrolling early?

Reaction Score
To answer my question above, 10 will be enrolling in January.

"A lot of these guys can play multiple positions. We have guys on the oline that can compete immediately." Sidney Walker, Alex Wyant, Nate Carter, Alfred Chea, Hooper, Senecal, Heatherman, Alexander among 10 coming in January for spring ball." - Randy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To answer my question above, 10 will be enrolling in January.

"A lot of these guys can play multiple positions. We have guys on the oline that can compete immediately." Sidney Walker, Alex Wyant, Nate Carter, Alfred Chea, Hooper, Senecal, Heatherman, Alexander among 10 coming in January for spring ball." - Randy
Am not 100 percent sure but this feels like more a decent amount than the last couple of years. Love to see it though, the more time to adjust the better

Reaction Score
I know I’ve been as big a critic as anyone but this looks like a really good group.

As the Program CEO, Edsall is strong in evaluative skills. Position by position. In contrast to PP & Diaco. He digs. He’s opportunistic. He’s sold some good kids to come to Storrs ... but he’s not got broad modern appeal.

I did not see 20 kids leaving this rising NLOI day. I’m thinking his 1.0 in 2001, he probably saw a large group also exits.

my best wishes ... he sets UCONN Football up for a solid younger guy successor. And we love going to East Hartford again.

Reaction Score
Immediate impact players are few and far between but we have a lot of holes to fill. This looks like a decent group but not expecting a quick turnaround after losing the core of our OL and being so thin at RB and LB. Still holes to fill.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is there anyone else we were expecting that hasn't signed? I like the look of this class but I'm trying to temper my expectations. Not because of these kids, but because of the past decade. Here's to this group ending the fall and returning this program to where it was and should be!

Welcome to UConn young pups!!!

Reaction Score
Is there anyone else we were expecting that hasn't signed? I like the look of this class but I'm trying to temper my expectations. Not because of these kids, but because of the past decade. Here's to this group ending the fall and returning this program to where it was and should be!

Welcome to UConn young pups!!!
The only one is the PWO from IMG Academy. I'm not sure how PWO's work. Medic or others may chime in here. Austin Reeves is the only commit that we know of that went elsewhere without a "formal" decommit announcement. Everyone else has signed along with 3 surprises. Three very nice surprises might I add. Theres a ton to like in this group. Considering 10 will be on campus in January bodes well for the team next season.

Reaction Score
Ratings. Rivals & 247 & HUDL. I’m gonna say: McCarthy & Evans & Senecal are underrated. McCarthy, if he was A Syracuse or Rutgers sign, would be nearly a 4. Senecal? Injured. So that’s a flatline. But I think Canada gets no credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom